NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 #11

I wonder if Stephanie Bauer the journalist would do a show on Rob ? She did the show on Susan Cox Powell and another show as well.

Is anyone a member of the secret facebook group that Ida Mayer started? I wonder if there is any info posted there. She posted a reward a month or two ago and next month is the anniversary.

From what I gather there are actual people in the fb group...….and a WS member was one.....I think the fb group is very inactive. It may have been by invite only or you had to be approved to join it......big shocker I was neither invited nor would have I been approved..lol…….there are other forums where this cased was discussed.
The LI Firearms group had a discussion. Its where Rob's drug use (denied by Ida) was first mentioned.

Tomorrow is Rob's Anniversary...….sending a lot of prayers around.....maybe this is the year that news will come

On Facebook there is a group called Long Island Missing.... Robert Mayer was posted there yesterday....with Ida chiming in that "someone knows something"...…...its public and you can join if you wish

bumping for Rob...….with so many people in NY for the 911 Memorial this is a good time to post Missing flyers....prayers to Rob's family and friends

Also Stephanie Bauer has a new show featuring Missing Persons....maybe she or the producers will have a look

This case has been a head scratcher from day one. There is about equal weight to him walking away from his life as there is to abduction and homicide.

It would help to have new eyes on this case. Good on you hot cawfeee for keeping the thread alive!

Hi Friend !!! And thank you....this has been a head scratcher...truer words never spoken :A missing man that was never really looked for. There are no posters hanging, there are no searches. Ida posted a reward within the past six months and nothing...it always seemed that the more questions asked, the quieter Ida became...very odd. There is a Missing poster at the Union Hall...no where else....I hope that maybe a crime show will pick this up...…..there is information posted in other forums (by Rob's brother or so the poster said) that never made it to here.

The fact that no remains have been discovered makes me wonder about suicide. There is no way he would be taking a shotgun on a train if where his vehicle was located is an indicator. If he had sawed it off short and put it in a bag, LE or his wife would have found the cut off section of the barrels on the floor or trash. If he took the shotgun, I would think it would have been more for protection. Now I am wondering if he was in debt to a dealer or someone in the union and he left both to get away and to protect his wife. Without further information or motive, I just don't see taking a train ride (or any other transport out of the area) to commit suicide as being high on the list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back