NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of a friend of mine was killed in a car accident, it was a pretty bad one. 3 of the 4 people in the car died. They were thrown from the car and the police had a hard time figuring out who was driving. Well the person that lived was the driver. Drunk, as well. But my point being the article quoted mentioned a series of streets RM drove down to get to Arrow. In my friends case the police figured out who was driving because the driver was caught on several cameras.....in all those streets RM drove down.....not one camera picked him up? In today's day and age . I find that hard to believe.

Oh I think they have him on camera probably a few.

They would tell the family he has contacted LE and does not want the family to know his whereabouts .

Remember Nadia Sulieman mom of 4 from Georgia?

Yup, I have been repeating myself too. Lol

I just can't see LE not saying anything to the family. Aren't they suppose to be a service the community--not make them anymore miserable?

LE would officially close his case out, even if they made no statement, IMO, if they had heard from him or tracked him down. I also think they would be obliged to tell the family he was alive, as obviously, at some point a family might consider having a missing person declared dead. JMO

Agree. In suffolk county, there is a camera on (almost) every corner.
Many businesses have cameras and some bad neighborhoods (town of huntington, for one) installed security cameras on lamp posts.
Hard to believe he was not seen on at least one. IMO.

The way this is written, it seems to imply that the entire town of Huntington is a bad neighborhood.

I don't think there is a camera installed on almost every corner in Suffolk County, good neighborhood or bad. My neighbors don't even have alarm systems and many of us don't lock our front doors except at night.

Agree. In suffolk county, there is a camera on (almost) every corner.
Many businesses have cameras and some bad neighborhoods (town of huntington, for one) installed security cameras on lamp posts.
Hard to believe he was not seen on at least one. IMO.

Maybe LE have seen him or the car on some surveillance cameras and they aren't giving that info out. This might be why no dogs were brought to arrow.

There does seem to be something strange going on though. MOO

Moo...and all that good stuff

Maybe he was picked up on a camera at some point driving away from the scrap yard, so that it is known by Le that he left there unharmed?

I disagree. I'm not certain if they have an obligation, but on a moral or decency basis, they would tell the family that he was found and that the case is closed. I doubt very much they would leave the family hanging. They have families too.

JMO

Also, wouldn't LE in good conscious put an end to the searching, which it sounds like some of these people are willingly putting themselves in dangerous places, so for the safety of the searchers they wouldn't let the continue.

There's also the air searches flying over the ny,li area in general. I really cannot imagine this continuing without some approval by LE or whoever makes that decision. Especially after 9/11 I don't think it would happen, but that's just my opinion. I could be completely wrong.

IMO... I don't think he walked away, not sure what happened though.

The way this is written, it seems to imply that the entire town of Huntington is a bad neighborhood.

I don't think there is a camera installed on almost every corner in Suffolk County, good neighborhood or bad. My neighbors don't even have alarm systems and many of us don't lock our front doors except at night.

Im talking about the traffic light cameras on the corners. And yes, they are everywhere.

The area in huntington north of 110 to main street is a crime ridden area. One of the local businesses donated security cameras that were installed on street lamps on new york avenue. No, not all of huntington is "bad" but a large area in the town is. I live in dix hills...which is also considered the town of huntington. Im talking about a specific area.

Ravynne------your post 751------what was your take on the "blog-icle" I am calling it??? Things came to light I did not know---"Robbie" is his nick-name and it was peppered thru out the piece as tho the writer was (IMO) trying to humanize him. And also the part about the phone call.

Blog-icle... Love it!:floorlaugh:

I gotta run out for a bit and just wanted to let ya know that I will reply to your question...

Moo...and all that good stuff.

Im talking about the traffic light cameras on the corners. And yes, they are everywhere.

The area in huntington north of 110 to main street is a crime ridden area. One of the local businesses donated security cameras that were installed on street lamps on new york avenue. No, not all of huntington is "bad" but a large area in the town is. I live in dix hills...which is also considered the town of huntington. Im talking about a specific area.

I know the area to which you are referring. There is a new family entertainment center around there. Why they would put it there is beyond me. It's a notoriously dangerous area. Drugs. Crime. An acquaintance's son got beaten to pulp over there. A gang initiation.

I know the area to which you are referring. There is a new family entertainment center around there. Why they would put it there is beyond me. It's a notoriously dangerous area. Drugs. Crime. An acquaintance's son got beaten to pulp over there. A gang initiation.

THATS exactly the area.
Every time we drive by the "family entertainment center" we are amazed that someone actually invested $$ to build that. Why??? There???

That is but a small area of the entire town, IMO, and not all of it is bad, mainly just the area around depot road.

I drive from one end of Huntington to the other, daily, and not one light has red light cameras. So I think it would be fairly easy for, say, me, to not get caught on camera an entire day of my life even if I were mobile.

I agree. Either that or they can't make out who is driving the car.

Could be he is with someone.
What boggles my mind is...... No one was afraid to be seen parking this car and leaving it at the train station. It would make more sense if a crime was committed it would have been abandoned on a deserted street. Where they would not risk being seen. None of this adds up if you ask me.

Maybe he was picked up on a camera at some point driving away from the scrap yard, so that it is known by Le that he left there unharmed?
I was thinking about the possible route RM would have had to drive to get to Arrow. It seems to me he would have gone south on Pinelawn Rd then , because Patton doesn't go straight through to Kean, would have gone to Edison then turned north onto Kean. IF this was his route... He would have had to pass the cameras on the Cherri Bombs place, and as we saw on my pictures, that place has plenty of cameras out front that should show his car driving by. AND if he was driving north, the cameras could have caught if there was a PASSENGER IN THE CAR. I would LOVE to know if that place has been checked out. :banghead:

THATS exactly the area.
Every time we drive by the "family entertainment center" we are amazed that someone actually invested $$ to build that. Why??? There???

O/T:

I see it's on the same road I mentioned! I suppose a way to clean up a place is to bring in some wholesome stuff. Hope it works.

They would tell the family he has contacted LE and does not want the family to know his whereabouts .

Remember Nadia Sulieman mom of 4 from Georgia?

I totally agree that LE WOULD tell the family that the missing person was located, but does not wish them to know any more details. Case in point: Timothy Edward Carney, who went missing voluntarily from NJ, and whose whereabouts weren't discovered by LE for SEVEN YEARS. To this day, Mr. Carney has NEVER "come home" to his family. It's believed that a church he had joined around the time he went missing, was actually a cult.

I know it has been a short time, missing-person wise, that RM has been gone, but I have a strange feeling this may become one of those unsolved mysteries and hope I am wrong.

I read that somewhere in one of these posts, too. I'm trying to find where to see who said it (I.M., insider, post on Facebook???). Does anybody remember?

I'm absolutely floored. I thought we "knew" that the cameras weren't working. Have we been working all this time, with a detail that wasn't actually confirmed by LE??? Oh my goodness. The longer this case goes on, the less I believe as fact. :facepalm:

I believe the only thing confirmed by LE is that RM did not come home and that was via IM...and i dont ever recall a public statement by LE. PLease correct me if im wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni