NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel629

Reaction score
I believe the only thing confirmed by LE is that RM did not come home and that was via IM...and i dont ever recall a public statement by LE. PLease correct me if im wrong.

I have learned a valuable lesson from this case (sincerely): be very careful about what you *know* is fact (and can be substantiated), versus what people (other than LE) say/hear/think. Sometimes, if you hear something repeated enough, it becomes a "fact" in your head. :facepalm:

Eileen730

Former Member
Reaction score
Don't you all think the cameras had to be working? That is the only reason LE was not all over that scrap yard with a fine tooth comb. They saw him leave!

Momoffourboys

Reaction score
I have learned a valuable lesson from this case (sincerely): be very careful about what you *know* is fact (and can be substantiated), versus what people (other than LE) say/hear/think. Sometimes, if you hear something repeated enough, it becomes a "fact" in your head. :facepalm:

So true.
and so strange

Angel629

Reaction score
Don't you all think the cameras had to be working? That is the only reason LE was not all over that scrap yard with a fine tooth comb. They saw him leave!

For whatever reason, I had it in my mind that the story about the cameras, was a fact. Although it seemed odd (even suspicious) that that was the case, I believed it. I now feel that the only things I can believe are things that can be proven (if necessary), like the cell phone records, or something that LE saw with their own eyes (where the car was parked). I just don't understand how someone (family/friends of RM) can say things publicly, that are unproven. If it turns out that the scrap yard had nothing to do with RM's disappearance (which I never believed they did), they deserve an apology. They have been vilified on "that other page".

Momoffourboys

Reaction score
That is but a small area of the entire town, IMO, and not all of it is bad, mainly just the area around depot road.

I drive from one end of Huntington to the other, daily, and not one light has red light cameras. So I think it would be fairly easy for, say, me, to not get caught on camera an entire day of my life even if I were mobile.

The traffic light cameras i was speaking of were not in the town...though on Jericho tpke most lights have cameras...

Clemenza

Reaction score
That is but a small area of the entire town, IMO, and not all of it is bad, mainly just the area around depot road.

I drive from one end of Huntington to the other, daily, and not one light has red light cameras. So I think it would be fairly easy for, say, me, to not get caught on camera an entire day of my life even if I were mobile.

I agree. I'm not trying to paint all of the town of Huntington with the same brush used for that little spot. The vast majority of Huntingon is quite nice/beautiful.

Eileen730

Former Member
Reaction score
I think that dropped call that morning is when IM lost RM. Jmo

Clemenza

Reaction score

And, LE probably is aware of the neighbor's video. The scrap yard has been eliminated IMO.

Blythe

Reaction score
And if you found him. What would you do? Just askin'

I've been traveling all over the island this summer. I have observed hundreds of 40 something males, if I spotted him, what would I do? I don't know is my honest answer, though I'd let the WS community in on my findings, for sure. Would I turn him over to IM or LE, not certain. And you?:twocents::drumroll:

Eileen730

Former Member
Reaction score
But that happened while he was at work. There are 2 "reported" sightings afterward.

Yes I think that was when Robert hung up on her. I think they were having a fight.

Lol I don't mean he vanished then but that was when he decided he wasn't going home.

Eileen730

Former Member
Reaction score
I've been traveling all over the island this summer. I have observed hundreds of 40 something males, if I spotted him, what would I do? I don't know is my honest answer, though I'd let the WS community in on my findings, for sure. Would I turn him over to IM or LE, not certain. And you?:twocents::drumroll:

I'm not so sure I would either!

Blythe

Reaction score
I agree. I'm not trying to paint all of the town of Huntington with the same brush used for that little spot. The vast majority of Huntingon is quite nice/beautiful.

Hey, I grew up in Huntington Bay! Little beats it! Still visit Main st., the Book Review and Fleets Neck!

Eileen730

Former Member
Reaction score
If this man is out there I'd love to hear his side of this story!

Clemenza

Reaction score

Turn him in. At that point he would be a deadbeat dad. The kids deserve better. I would hope he'd be made to support them.

Blythe

Reaction score
Turn him in. At that point he would be a deadbeat dad. The kids deserve better. I would hope he'd be made to support them.

Well then, in letting you know, you'd set me straight. Good for you/us/them!

Eileen730

Former Member
Reaction score

I would first like to hear his side of the story. Something is going on here that we are not hearing about imo

Eileen730

Former Member
Reaction score
A man does not just vanish if his home life is wonderful. So either something criminal happened or his home life was cracked. All we have is one version.

Status
Not open for further replies.