NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
RM really seems like a devoted father, very close to his kids. I know it happens, men walk away from the wife and kids, but I just don't see it here. Just my gut.

I have no doubt he loved his kids and is a devoted father but he can still be a good dad and be away from his wife.

To tell u the truth I think she wore the pants in this family. Ever since the remark that he never spent a night away from home or ever went out with friends sent off red flags causing me to feel he left her and her payback was to report him missing. J m o

Or he's just a homebody.

I have no doubt he loved his kids and is a devoted father but he can still be a good dad and be away from his wife.

But that's just it, he's away from the kids. My gut tells me he did not just walk out on his kids.

JMO

But that's just it, he's away from the kids. My gut tells me he did not just walk out on his kids.

JMO

When a husband or a wife walks out they walk out on their children also not just the spouse.

:twocents:
Good Morning all-----a thought (well wrapped in a question-lol)----regarding the HBO guy-----isn't it a little early for any documentary/show to be filmed?????? RM is missing ---either disappeared, left voluntarily, victim of something--------there isn't enough "story" there IMO

That whole thing is very strange to me!:twocents:

Good Morning all-----a thought (well wrapped in a question-lol)----regarding the HBO guy-----isn't it a little early for any documentary/show to be filmed?????? RM is missing ---either disappeared, left voluntarily, victim of something--------there isn't enough "story" there IMO

Unless the search is the story, and the hope of being the one to find him.

Remember bubble boy? The kid was reported missing he was hiding in the home the entire time. All for what exactly?

on fb, someone asked when he was listed as endangered and IM said how do you know he is listed as endangered. Which tells me most definelty something more is going on than she wants us to know.

That is not what she said. She said "how did you find out the status changed?" to which the person provided a link.

'Something more' is not going on.

imo I think he went to work that day for his paycheck. Which nobody will answer if it was cashed or not that day. JMO

I don't believe it was a pay day. I think IM said it somewhere.

To tell u the truth I think she wore the pants in this family. Ever since the remark that he never spent a night away from home or ever went out with friends sent off red flags causing me to feel he left her and her payback was to report him missing. J m o

:tos:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #4

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed

We just got a smackdown yesterday and threatened to have the thread closed for posts like this.

Eileen--- I just re-read the article by Beach--lets call it the blog-icle---hhmmmm........something is just off to me. How did the writer get IM's phone number and even know about this???

imo I think he went to work that day for his paycheck. Which nobody will answer if it was cashed or not that day. JMO

Just my :twocents: but not many people get a physical check anymore. Usually direct deposit.

He could be thinking in terms of a documentary. They follow along on the disappearance for along time. Just guessing . . . maybe someone should ask him.

He's awfully upbeat. I doubt he will find anything with the camera copters. The northeast part of the US is very wooded and jungle like in the summer. The tree cover and their dark shadows can hide a lot. I can see one of those copters crashing into a tree. Maybe the cameras will be helpful in the industrial areas?

JMO

When a husband or a wife walks out they walk out on their children also not just the spouse.

Some do, yes. But I'm not talking about walking out of the house. I mean walking out of their lives. There's a big difference.

JMO

That is not what she said. She said "how did you find out the status changed?" to which the person provided a link.

'Something more' is not going on.

when i said something more I meant she definelty knows more information that she is letting the searches know about. That is a fact. They state it all the time on FB that certain questions can't be answered due to ongoing investigation.

He could be thinking in terms of a documentary. They follow along on the disappearance for along time. Just guessing . . . maybe someone should ask him.

He's awfully upbeat. I doubt he will find anything with the camera copters. The northeast part of the US is very wooded and jungle like in the summer. The tree cover and their dark shadows can hide a lot. I can see one of those copters crashing into a tree. Maybe the cameras will be helpful in the industrial areas?

JMO

I remember a case a few years back when I was tracking a horse where the horse and rider had gone missing. I was on a trail in the woods, waving my yellow SAR helmet over my head, jumping up and down and the helicopter could not see me...and he was directly over me looking down. So I am in your camp on this one. Open fields etc...probably would help, woods...not so much. I would guess a SAR drone would be more effective and less costly in this particular instance.

Some do, yes. But I'm not talking about walking out of the house. I mean walking out of their lives. There's a big difference.

JMO

Walking out on a spouse is not all that unusual, walking out on kids without a word and no further contact would send red flags up for me. This is my sticking point between a) Walked out of the relationship or b) Foul play.

Like a few of you, I don't believe he walked out on his family, specifically the kids. We can all have various opinions of IM and their relationship but no one has said anything about him being a bad father. In fact, no one has come out to say anything bad about RM at all. This is pretty rare.. He seems like a solid, good guy.

I feel this is foul play, for sure. I just can't seem to find a good, gut feeling about the why's, who's, etc.

Money doesn't seem to be a motive at this point - unless this has something to do with the copper. Even that though, doesn't seem to be my focal point. Because his body wasn't found, I wonder who has hidden him and why. (assuming he is no longer with us)

Street type criminals would not hide his body and stage his car the way it was found. This was something organized on some level.

Not pointing fingers but some thoughts in my head today:

drugs
gambling
$ owed
marital affairs

Greed, love, lust, & money. I am being hypothetical here and am not saying that this is the case but hey, we just never know. Maybe RM had an affair or a fling and the spouse of the other party found out. Doubtful but there are so many options here..

I too hope he is alive and returns home but the more time that passes, I don't feel he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth