NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt bother with LE. An anonymous text with photo to IM for sure.

I think I agree with that? But why not LE and why anonymous? I mean, wouldn't you want to be in contact with the family if you just discovered and provided
proof of life?

IMO, I would in a heartbeat. If anything, for his children and mother. I still don't think he left on his own though. To leave his elderly mother distraught? It doesn't align with normalcy or of what little we have heard about him. No one has signed up here anonymously to bash him so I have to tend to believe he was a straight up guy. Or is a straight up guy..

BBM:
The kids and his mother keeps coming to my mind also when I begin to lean toward the "he left on his own theory". We know it happens; just difficult to understand.

A quick look back at a few original reports for content & terms used related to LE statements. These all seem to be from reporters. I did not find one with a direct quote from a specific LE person.

June 17th - video of interview with IM and written news report.
http://longisland.news12.com/news/f...rt-mayer-of-dix-hills-1.5499513?firstfree=yes
snip from report: "Police are investigating the disappearance, but they say they don't believe a crime has been committed. Anyone with information is being urged to call police at 631-854-8252."

June 19th -This article was written by Amanda Lindner. http://deerpark-northbabylon.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/local-dad-still-missing_b775870d

"Suffolk County Police Second Squad detectives are investigating the situation. Police said that no criminality is believed to have taken place at this point, however, detectives are following all leads."

July 7th -
"Police say they do not believe at this point that a crime was committed."

See more at: http://fios1news.com/longisland/node/37375#sthash.HrfPfW2O.dpuf

Sweetnspicy---there was alot of discussion about "scents"--I had lots of questions (shocking I know) about if they could be "confused" with other scents like lime, rubbing alcohol etc. Also questions about the dogs being used.

Yes I remember. However, the questions were not exactly the same as what I am asking. I think there is a distinct difference. I was talking about the fact he was actually there and left so the dogs would obviously pick up his scent at scrap yard. I was asking something completely different....irrelevant now as it has been asked and answered. Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 4

As far as scents, if RM was murdered somewhere near the scrap yard and he was left there in the brush along the side of a building or road. Someone should have smelled something---even if they were just passing by in a car.

Sorry for the gruesome post, but the thought occurred to me . .

Maybe the cameras weren't working but the worker doesn't feel like he should be saying that in an interview.

Here's a thought--ok a question-lol-----how long do security cameras hang on to the video?? A week maybe and then the camera records over the used video??????? Or is that really old school equipment????

Here's a thought--ok a question-lol-----how long do security cameras hang on to the video?? A week maybe and then the camera records over the used video??????? Or is that really old school equipment????

The system at my business holds 2 weeks of data. On the 15th day it rerecords over the 1st day and so on. I'm sure there are many systems with either a smaller or larger capacity.

Don't you all think the cameras had to be working? That is the only reason LE was not all over that scrap yard with a fine tooth comb. They saw him leave!

Eileen--- I am thinking that there are cameras outside and inside-----and found it hard to believe that none were working on that day. To my view--cameras in the lot--on the building--showing who is coming in. Then on the inside---cameras showing a transaction being performed and money changing hands. Maybe that's overkill but think of how many bars and clubs have cameras all over to prove that there is no underage drinking.

He didn't hang up on here. There is no report of that.

The call was dropped I think its open to interpretation. I think they were fighting. But thats JMO.
If you notice on my post I said I THINK!

IMO I don't think this call was about the trip to Italy or fathers day dinner.

And....there is really no report of anything!

Eileen--- I am thinking that there are cameras outside and inside-----and found it hard to believe that none were working on that day. To my view--cameras in the lot--on the building--showing who is coming in. Then on the inside---cameras showing a transaction being performed and money changing hands. Maybe that's overkill but think of how many bars and clubs have cameras all over to prove that there is no underage drinking.

I think they were working. And I think they probably showed Robert arriving and leaving... and this is why the yard was not searched completely!

Now I understand why his FB wont let anyone talk about the scrap yard.
They know he left there jmo

Interesting wording!

Arrow’s surveillance cameras are aimed at the parking area and entrance, but the foreman declined to say whether they captured Mayer’s sharp red sportscar June 14—a vehicle, said another worker, that would have stood out from the typical daily parade of beat-up pickups and trucks filled with wiring and wreckage the majority of sellers haul their scraps to the center in (as was the case Friday afternoon).

they decline to mention the car .....
maybe he showed up in another car.
Or with someone .

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

This isnt the same thing but when I was working in retail we kept tapes for something like 8 weeks. This way if someone disputed something on their credit card we had tapes of the signer.

Interesting wording!

Arrow’s surveillance cameras are aimed at the parking area and entrance, but the foreman declined to say whether they captured Mayer’s sharp red sportscar June 14—a vehicle, said another worker, that would have stood out from the typical daily parade of beat-up pickups and trucks filled with wiring and wreckage the majority of sellers haul their scraps to the center in (as was the case Friday afternoon).

they decline to mention the car .....
maybe he showed up in another car.
Or with someone .

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

Or maybe they are always turned off.

Publicly saying they weren't operational at the time that RM was there may not be a good security decision.

:banghead:re-- the cameras--- another thought--- it was mid-month-maybe tape/video switches over, automatic maintenance...?????? OR b/c RM's transaction was "minimal" it was not taped????? But (arguing with myself) what about cameras in lot and at front door if those cameras exist????

Also, I really think the red sports car thing is being played a little too strongly. RM may have loved his car but IMO it was an old car that looks similar to a Grand Am. I wouldn't look at it twice, to be honest. I kind of find the love of the car to be a little odd.

It may have stood out as different from other cars at arrow, but given the age and body style, IMO, it would not be a car that would turn my head. In fact, without seeing the owner driving, I probably would think it is a high school kid driving if I saw it on the road.

As previously mentioned in the thread, although I don't expect anyone to remember (lol) I am not a tech savvy person. Whether it be a surveillance system, computer, home stereo, or tv....all I want to know is when I hit the "on" button that it works. However, with respect to the surveillance system, unless something is uniquely wrong mechanically with a specific camera, they are all either on or off. I'm pretty sure from the main unit you can intentionally program which cameras you want activated and which you do not. This would be by "intention". I don't believe that randomly "some cameras would be working and some wouldn't. And, I don't believe a business owner would want some cameras working and some not unless he/she knew ahead of time there would be an activity they did not want recorded. The idea that "several" cameras had mechanical problems is unlikely to me. If RM was at he scrap yard and was not seen on camera at all, that to me means the entire system was not on while he was there. The reasons being either the main unit/console was out of order or it was intentionally turned off. But, I don't believe some cameras were working and some were not.

And, this is for those who believe the scrap yard cameras are relevant. I believe he left the scrap yard.... alive.

:banghead:re-- the cameras--- another thought--- it was mid-month-maybe tape/video switches over, automatic maintenance...?????? OR b/c RM's transaction was "minimal" it was not taped????? But (arguing with myself) what about cameras in lot and at front door if those cameras exist????

Or perhaps not wanting there to be evidence of not following rules regarding transactions to be recorded?

As previously mentioned in the thread, although I don't expect anyone to remember (lol) I am not a tech savvy person. Whether it be a surveillance system, computer, home stereo, or tv....all I want to know is when I hit the "on" button that it works. However, with respect to the surveillance system, unless something is uniquely wrong mechanically with a specific camera, they are all either on or off. I'm pretty sure from the main unit you can intentionally program which cameras you want activated and which you do not. This would be by "intention". I don't believe that randomly "some cameras would be working and some wouldn't. And, I don't believe a business owner would want some cameras working and some not unless he/she knew ahead of time there would be an activity they did not want recorded. The idea that "several" cameras had mechanical problems is unlikely to me. If RM was at he scrap yard and was not seen on camera at all, that to me means the entire system was not on while he was there. The reasons being either the main unit/console was out of order or it was intentionally turned off. But, I don't believe some cameras were working and some were not.

And, this is for those who believe the scrap yard cameras are relevant. I believe he left the scrap yard.... alive.

I think he did also!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members