NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was posted when he went missing at the 6 week mark

Hmmm I am seriously trying to find it as I have been around before that. I know we cant link but can you give me some hint where to find? I would like to see the context in which this was said. Could be important. Thank you

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 4

I don't think he committed suicide. I think if LE thought this was the case after checking bank records and talking to wife and friends they would have done a more extensive search for him

that is not enough income to live at that level in Dix Hills let alone Long Island. Maybe if you never go on trips or entertain or renovate your house.
We had a friend that was a Local 3 electrician. He never worked 52 weeks a year. He had to take furloughs sometimes as much as 6 weeks at a time, which if this still happens, would reduce RMs income significantly. I guess you could add in overtime and the income from scrap, but IMO you need closer to $200k to live like that.

I agree, however, not everyone lives on just their paychecks. Some have other interest income, investments etc. Plus, who knows what monies they may have inherited, made years ago and saved...IMO as outsiders we just dont have a complete financial picture.

IMO, they had the money to do it. At least once a year or 2. People do go on annual vacations. Depending on the income a family has, the more extravagant it may be. We try to do a yearly camping trip, because we enjoy the outdoors and that's what we can afford. If we had the money, hell yeah we'd do a cruise or Italy. I don't think this was a matter of 'Keeping up with Jones's'.

JMO--- an idealist would think that people live within their means. A realist would say, this is Often NOT the case. A lot of friends I know that live on LI are living way beyond their means....and not even living "richly" A ton of credit card debt, equity lines, etc....just making minimum payments.

A simple example is a Disney Vacation. You can stay at a deluxe resort and spend 10k for the week, or you can still have a nice Disney vacation staying at a more moderate hotel, more moderate food plans, etc... Etc.... But some people will spend the extra money and upgrade the hotel or whatever even though they can't afford it. Or drive an expensive car, or whatever. Just some examples.

And even without big spending.....a kids travel team, or even a kid doing a dance competition can run 5k for the year. It All adds up.

JMO--- an idealist would think that people live within their means. A realist would say, this is Often NOT the case. A lot of friends I know that live on LI are living way beyond their means....and not even living "richly" A ton of credit card debt, equity lines, etc....just making minimum payments.

A simple example is a Disney Vacation. You can stay at a deluxe resort and spend 10k for the week, or you can still have a nice Disney vacation staying at a more moderate hotel, more moderate food plans, etc... Etc.... But some people will spend the extra money and upgrade the hotel or whatever even though they can't afford it. Or drive an expensive car, or whatever. Just some examples.

And even without big spending.....a kids travel team, or even a kid doing a dance competition can run 5k for the year. It All adds up.

I fully agree. I live very comfortably on LI, have no CC debt. Have not been on a vacation in almost 4 years though. Simply can't afford it.

Hmmm I am seriously trying to find it as I have been around before that. I know we cant link but can you give me some hint where to find? I would like to see the context in which this was said. Could be important. Thank you

I'm not answering for Maddy65, just posting what I recall related to the context when "other evidence" was mentioned. There had been a few probing questions posted and one of the FB Admins responded - listing 4 areas (could have been 3) the admin saw as her responsibility. (my paraphrase of the sentence) - "to ensure that other evidence that should not be posted/discussed is not on the FB page".

I have no idea if this is still on the site or not. :twocents: Also, information from FB is considered rumor.

I'm not answering for Maddy65, just posting what I recall related to the context when "other evidence" was mentioned. There had been a few probing questions posted and one of the FB Admins responded - listing 4 areas (could have been 3) the admin saw as her responsibility. (my paraphrase of the sentence) - "to ensure that other evidence that should not be posted/discussed is not on the FB page".

I have no idea if this is still on the site or not. :twocents: Also, information from FB is considered rumor.

Correct me if I am wrong, however IMO this would suggest other "evidence" has been posted that should not have been. Makes one very curious :what:

I fully agree. I live very comfortably on LI, have no CC debt. Have not been on a vacation in almost 4 years though. Simply can't afford it.

Same. This summer was the first time in 10 years for me. Of course I dont have debt other than for a short term car payment, for a used vechicle. I dont think I could sleep at night if I had credit card debt. (Have a card but for emergencies only and even then pay off within the month.)

McSpy--post 924---Yes

windstorm---post 915---possibly-some people (like my neighbor) enter and exit their homes only thru garage

Curious--post 921-hmmmmmm....did co-workers say RM went to Arrow OR that RM took scrap/ had scrap to sell?????? and post 925--aarrgghhh--lol--- "minimal transaction"

Not to say he wasn't a great guy-great family man...but no one else has come forward to agree or disagree with this picture of him. Where is his boss, for example? Hoping people are concerned, worried and missing him, even if they choose to stay away from the public.

cluciano-- thank you--- thats something that has been rankleing me from the start--Local 3 is a Brotherhood of 10K or more--where is everyone??? They are very silent, as are neighbors, a church community, etc. I know people could be working silently behind the scenes--but family would scream!!! Mine would

I just read something recently where IM said the kids keep asking her
"How long will it take?" or something similar. I need to find that link to be sure of the wording.

dang McSpy--- that is interesting!!!! and an "odd" thing IMO.

hi everyone--- getting caught up----always lots of intersting posts here to say the least.
Heading out for the night--- everyone have a great night and be safe.

Did anything come of the possible sighting in Mass.??? And did IM make the announcement that was rumored on FB???? I am not on FB so have no way to know.

I think I remember that the first time I read about the case, IM called a family member who was in law enforcement to report RM missing. Anyone else remember that?

Also I owned a business that had 5 security cameras. A few were motion activated and the cash register & gas pumps were recorded 24 hours a day and stored on our computer hard drive. The computer could be accessed and viewed from any computer using a program called logmein. Our video storage was 3 weeks and then recorded over. When reviewing the tapes, each hour was broke into 6 minute increments. Images could be printed and tape could be saved indefinately. Never did all cameras go out at once, unless there was a power problem.

I think I remember that the first time I read about the case, IM called a family member who was in law enforcement to report RM missing. Anyone else remember that?

Also I owned a business that had 5 security cameras. A few were motion activated and the cash register & gas pumps were recorded 24 hours a day and stored on our computer hard drive. The computer could be accessed and viewed from any computer using a program called logmein. Our video storage was 3 weeks and then recorded over. When reviewing the tapes, each hour was broke into 6 minute increments. Images could be printed and tape could be saved indefinately. Never did all cameras go out at once, unless there was a power problem.

Yes, I remember IM mentioning calling a family member or a friend who was in LE. She called two people, one in LE. I think that was possibly on first FB page. I think she called them around 8:00pm June 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken