NY NY - Robin Murphy, 17, Carmel, 9 April 1995

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by HollywoodBound, Nov 6, 2006.

1. HollywoodBound

HollywoodBound New Member

I lived about two towns over from Robin when she went missing from NY, I lived in CT and the case made headlines in my area for quite a while after her abduction. Before Robin was abducted the suspect would come to my school because he had a girlfriend in my high school.
    I think of this case a lot and wanted to post it here. The following is from the Charley Project site.

Murphy was scheduled to meet her boyfriend, Matt Esposito, for dinner in their hometown of Carmel, New York on April 9, 1995. She was last seen at approximately 7:30 p.m., walking in the Shop-Rite Plaza Shopping Center (alternatively called the Carmel Center or the Nichols Plaza Shopping Center) on Route 52. Murphy never arrived at the restaurant and has never been heard from again. The shopping center is less than one mile from her residence.Murphy's vehicle was located near the Burger Kingrestaurant in the mall's parking lot shortly afterwards. Her keys, wallet, purse and checkbook were discovered in a marshy, grassy area behind the center several days later. Esposito was questioned regarding Murphy's case and cleared as a possible suspect early in the investigation.A psychic told authorities that he believed Murphy's remains were in the Tilly Foster Mine quarry near Carmel. Investigators searched the area with dive teams in September 1999 but failed to locate any evidence related to her case. The psychic claimed that Murphy's body was near the numbers "5," "7" and "9." The houses surrounding the quarry are numbered in the specified order.Authorities announced that Howard J. Gombert Jr. was a suspect in Murphy's disappearance after his arrest on sexual assault and child endangerment charges in March 2000. He was taken into custody after raping his live-in girlfriend and was sentenced to 30 years in prison. Investigators stated that the endangerment counts were related to the woman's case. Gombert previously resided in Carmel and was employed at a laundromat in the shopping center where Murphy disappeared. There were reports that Gombert may have known Murphy in 1995. Anthony DiPippo, who was convicted together with Andrew Krivak of the 1994 murder of an eleven-year-old girl, claims Gombert is responsible for that child's murder and Murphy's. Gombert worked at a laundry at the Shop-Rite Plaza Shopping Center in 1995 was the last person to see Murphy alive. He has never been charged in connection with her disappearance.Authorities stated that unspecified evidence connected to Murphy's case was discovered outside of Carmel in March 2001. A submersible device searched for additional materials in the Tilly Foster Mine quarry in December 2002. Officials said that the 2001 discoveries led them to the area, but they declined to elaborate. Murphy liked to wear black clothing in 1995; she also enjoyed writing and listening to rock music. She dropped out of high school prior to her disappearance to take a job at a ShopRite supermarket. Murphy's disappearance remains unsolved. Foul play is suspected in her case.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/murphy_robin.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/518dfny.html

[​IMG][​IMG]

MagnoliaMountain likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Canny1

Canny1 New Member

Robin, it's been so long since we lost you.16 years since that nite you walked out of the house, never to be seen again. Your father has joined you, trying to drown his broken heart. Your little sister is 22 now. She & your 2 brothers still hurt 7wonder what went down. I feel you & your Dad around me many times; ty for the visits. I want to help your mother alleviate a bit her ongoing anguish/anger & find out what happened that nite. I still am seeking......
    Jeanette

4. TheHunter

TheHunter New Member

I just submitted a possible match for Robin Murphy to the Doe network. They have an unidentified girl from a picture(they do not know if she is alive or dead)---not known who she is---HOTCASE #3--- I thought she looked quite a bit like Robin(hair is worn in a shorter style and different color, It states that Robin dyed her hair black)-- The nose, the teeth lips and smile are what really gets me--so very similar--But i almost fell outa my seat when I read what Robin was last wearing--a black and white plaid flannel shirt--that is what the girl in the picture is wearing!! Does anyone know if Robin had her hair cut shorter at one time?

5. TheHunter

TheHunter New Member

I just heard back from the doe network--they said they have not previously looked at her as a possible match to the girl in the picture and they are sending it to their "panel" for investigation.

6. neverletgo

neverletgo Active Member

:bump: for Robin, missing 18 years tomorrow. :(

Snipped:

7. Sailorsgirl

Sailorsgirl New Member

Have you heard anything from the Doe network about a possible match?

8. Joewright3

Joewright3 New Member

Over the past two years I have experienced very weak communications but I believe Robin to be close to red building with a small stream near by. I have more detailed information but unable to search the exact location as it is private property.
    I am hoping someone here can advise me on how to proceed as I am not about to walk into the local police station and go " Hi I am psychic!!!!"
    Happy to speak with anyone else looking for Robin.

9. Canny1

Canny1 New Member

to TheHunter

I had missed your posts in February this year. I am a close family friend of the Murphy's. I checked out your pic HOTCASE #3 on the Doe Network. The girl in the pic is not Robin. Robin had long dyed black hair that was a dark reddish brown before she changed the color. In '95 when she vanished, she still had her hair long & dyed black.

I pray someone will id that girl in that Doe Network pic. It's time to find out what happened not only to Robin but many others missing.

10. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/cri...ne-carmel-teens-disapearance-baffles/7460007/

11. Canny1

Canny1 New Member

Hello Robin,
    I have not forgotten. Just had a slight setback with 2 minor strokes a year ago. But you know that. Glad they were minor...... Still looking & wondering!

12. KateB

KateB New Member

13. STANDREID

STANDREID A slacker when slacker wasn't cool

Maybe her boyfriend is innocent but how could he totally have been eliminated as a suspect?

14. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/investigations/2016/06/09/robin-murphy-suspect/85661402/

15. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Date Missing: 04/09/1995

ROBIN FRANCIS MURPHY

DOB: 01/11/1978
    Sex: Female
    HGT: 5'09"
    WGT: 140 lbs.
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Blue
    Race: White

Other Information: Robin left her residence en route to a local restaurant to meet a friend. She was last seen on foot at Carmel Plaza, Route 52 in Carmel where her car was found. Foul play is suspected.

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing/#/missing-child/15

[​IMG]

MagnoliaMountain likes this.
  16. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

17. Joewright3

Joewright3 New Member

I continue to feel Robin is near the end of Farmers Mill road and route 301 on the wet lands where the old red building that is rotting away is with a small white brick building in front . There is an old tennis court there.