NY - Ruby Franciscovich, 8 months, raped & murdered by father, left in cemetery, Tioga, 9 June 2019

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by doodles1211, Jun 12, 2019.

1. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

So the hearing was cancelled and it is going right to the grand jury?

PommyMommy and LavenderLotus like this.
  2. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

TIOGA (WBNG) — The case against a father who is accused of killing his infant daughter then leaving the body in a pond in the town of Tioga will go before a grand jury.

Cody Franciscovich, 25, appeared briefly in Tioga Town Court on Friday for a felony hearing, which he waived.

Franciscovich is charged with first-degree murder. According to a felony complaint, Franciscovich is accused of raping his eight-month old daughter Ruby, before killing her in Saint Patrick’s Cemetery.
    http://www.facebook.com/wbng12news/

3. Keine Engel

Keine Engel Grand Imperial Archduchess of Great Giggleswick

'Ruby Franciscovich, 8 months, raped & murdered by father, left in cemetery'??!!
    Jesus F@*#king Christ
    [​IMG]

4. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Active Member

What’s crazy is the motel is right down the street from a car dealership owned by the brother of Cal Harris, who stood four trials for allegedly killing his wife, Michelle.

Deceased/Not Found - NY - Michele Harris, 35, Owego, 11 Sept 2001

Owego is a small town.

This is so crazy. I’m still reading through the comments. The grandmother confirmed (and someone posted a screen cap of the older kid in the hospital) of an emergency drug situation not even two months ago. There seems to have been more red flags than a communist parade.

5. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Active Member

This reminds me of Christopher McNabb/Cortney Bell in a way & I’m wondering if they’re going to investigate the mother of Ruby for at the very least, extreme negligence/child endangerment.

6. lucylulu

lucylulu Well-Known Member

What happens next for Tioga man accused of murdering 8-month-old daughter

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/public-safety/2019/06/14/cody-ruby-franciscovich-tioga-murder-owego-court/1436104001/

On the advice of his lawyer, Cody Franciscovich waived his right to a felony hearing Friday in the murder of his 8-month-old daughter, Ruby. Now, the Tioga County District Attorney will seek an indictment from the grand jury.

Franciscovich, 25, appeared in Tioga Town Court briefly on Friday and the last-minute decision to waive the hearing was announced by public defender Tom Cline. A grand jury indictment could bring more charges against Franciscovich, who is accused of intentionally killing Ruby on Sunday after allegedly sexually assaulting her.

Felony hearings are typically held so a lower court judge can determine whether probable cause exists to sustain a felony charge — it's not a determination of guilt or innocence — and if so, send the case to a grand jury at the county court level.

It's not uncommon for defendants to waive their right to the felony hearing, for various reasons, including concerns of pretrial publicity affecting the chances for a fair trial

More at link

7. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

My mother is Native American and in the old days child rapists and murderers were handed over to the women of the tribe to deal out whatever punishment they deemed appropriate.
    I think this is very appropriate for this case. Too bad we can't.

8. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

There have been so many cases like this one. What depravity causes this situation? Who can wrap their head around this type of deviant behavior?

9. floridagrrl

floridagrrl Be kind.

You can’t wrap your head around it because they are evil and we are not. JMO
    I’m not a huge religious person, but I do believe in pure evil. This is beyond

And no drug in the world would make someone all of the sudden an infanticidal and rapist maniac unless they already had those tendencies. JMO

This is one thread I so wish I could bleach from my brain

That poor baby

10. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

The answer is within your question. I'm heartbroken and shocked at what I see in this forum, the increasing frequency is shocking. I think I say this weekly ... :(

borndem, kimpage, Curious Guy and 6 others like this.
  11. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Great, CPS fell down on the job again.

12. claudianunes

claudianunes Well-Known Member

How does a father even think about doing such thing to his own child? A baby!

CrimeAway, kimpage, borndem and 6 others like this.
  13. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

I know exactly what you mean. Really wish that I had never opened this thread. You can't unring the bell and this thread shows just how evil monsters are on this world.

14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

JUN 17, 2019
    Vigil for 8-month-old Baby Ruby to be held tonight
    A candlelight vigil to honor 8-month-old Ruby Francisovich will be held this evening at Saint Patrick's Cemetery on state Route 17C in Tioga.

[...]

Those who attend the vigil, scheduled for 8 p.m., are asked to wear the color ruby.

[...]

MG is providing red ribbons for the event.

[...]

15. PommyMommy

JUN 17, 2019
    Red for Ruby: Candlelight vigil honors 8-month-old girl murdered in Tioga County
    At dusk Monday evening, the soft glow of candlelight illuminated bright red shirts worn by some 200 people who gathered at St. Patrick's Cemetery in the Town of Tioga.

[...]

Tonight was about Ruby.

[...]

"There are no words that can adequately convey the depth of sorrow, confusion, even anger that so many in this community feel now," Father AA, a parochial vicar at Blessed Trinity Parish & St. Patrick Parish, told the crowd. "Is it possible for anyone of good will to comprehend the horrific evil that took place here? Times like these certainly put our faith to an extreme test."

[...]

"It gets so old hearing 'I'm sorry' all the time, but nothing ever gets done," NE said, "and we just wanted to make a difference just for this one tiny little baby girl that many of us didn't even know, just so that we can say, 'We heard your voice and we're all here.'"

[...]

(Names changed to initials by me.)

kimpage, borndem, katydid23 and 2 others like this.
  16. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ Believer of Miracles

kimpage, borndem, Keine Engel and 2 others like this.
  17. deadfoot13

deadfoot13 Active Member

Trust me when I tell you that you couldn't be more wrong. It's easy to blame CPS for everything, we have very broad shoulders, but your statement just reflects the ignorance of a society that has become quite comfortable at foisting the blame for everything onto the government.

Mountaingazer and TTF14 like this.
  18. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma ❤️ Believer of Miracles

19. deadfoot13

deadfoot13 Active Member

20. PommyMommy

So, his charges were lowered? o_O MOO

ETA: Found this...

SEP 13, 2019
    Tioga County Man Indicted For June Murder Of Infant Daughter | X101 Always Classic
    A Tioga County man was yesterday (September 12) indicted by a grand jury on multiple counts of second-degree murder, related to the death of his infant daughter back on June 9.

[...]

Yesterday’s indictment downgraded his original first-degree murder charge, which previously accused him of sexually assaulting Ruby before killing her.

That could have meant life in prison sentence if convicted, but his sex crime charges have now been dropped.