NY NY - SALVATORE PERRONE, the "Son of Sal", 2012

I´v put together a short summary of the 3 murders.

In my opinion there is a physical resemblance of the 3 victims.

BROOKLYNSERIALKILLER.jpg

And FYI, accordning to police, the sketch of the black man is NO LONGER valid.

BROOKLYNSERIALKILLER.jpg

And the way you lay it out here gives us a great platform to start from. Brilliant as always Foreigner!!!

BROOKLYNSERIALKILLER.jpg

A physical resemblance makes sense. Especially since the faces of the victims were covered.

I agree about the resemblance between all three victims.

He may have murdered where there were no cameras but he forgot about the others all down the streets and in other shops he walked by.

BROOKLYNSERIALKILLER.jpg

if it is accurate that all the victims had their faces/heads covered, that's a signature of an anger-retaliation subclass of serial killer, and the covering is sometimes tied to post-killing temporary shame/remorse--this type of killer is usually associated with the sexual assault of women before killing them--he feels wronged by these men, for a reason only logical to himself--it's been reported the guy that was questioned tried to sell some goods to at least one of the shopkeepers-their refusal may have been deemed an "insult" and may have been the trigger-

--another possible angle, face covering is also religiously symbolic, but we can save that angle until we get more info--could be a combo of both

It sounds like it could be a hate crime. Covering the face after the killing shows shame. Trying to disassociate themselves from the crime. Can't look at his handiwork. All men are older, about the same age, all Middle Eastern, and all look similar.

Brooklyn Serial Killer? One In Custody In Connection To Three Murders After Sawed-Off Rifle Recovered (Huffington Post)
New York City police detectives Wednesday recovered a sawed-off rifle believed to have been used in the mysterious shooting deaths of three businessmen of Middle Eastern descent, and a person was in custody, a law enforcement official said.

The Ruger 10-22 rifle had a makeshift light attached to its barrel and was found inside a duffel bag belonging to a balding, middle-aged man who was seen on surveillance footage moments after the most recent killing on Friday in Brooklyn, the official said. The official was not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. The rifle uses the same .22-caliber ammunition that has been found at all three crime scenes.
more at the link

This was also in the link:

Quote:
" (Police)zeroed in on the man with the bag. The official said authorities were speaking to the man, but no arrests or identifications had been made yet.

The bag contained .22-caliber ammunition, black gloves and women's stockings, and two knives – one that may have had blood on it, the official said."

Wonder what other crimes this mans might have done ?!

JD duffle bag might have been "casing" for stores without cameras when he was " hawking" his goods.

The probable Brooklyn Serial killer identifyed as 63 year old
Salvatore Perrone of Staten Island, NY

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/gun-linked-serial-brooklyn-murders-article-1.1205785

Quote:
'Son of Sal': Cops link Staten Island man's rifle to the murders of three Brooklyn shopkeepers with Middle Eastern roots
Salvatore Perrone has not been charged with a crime, but he was at all three muder scenes, according to the NYPD. Cops found a trove of tools that Perrone might have been used during the deadly attacks, including a Ruger rifle three knives, black gloves and legless pantyhose.

More in the link

I must say I didn't expect the culprit to wind up being a balding 63-year-old, though I also was a bit dubious about him being the man in the sketch as well - the man in the sketch looked too smooth; one might imagine him, however, being a professional assassin of diplomats, or something like that!

I think the sketch is clearly of someone else. Maybe that person was in the area, and thus was mistaken for a suspect. But the sketch clearly isn't of the balding man in his sixties.

The 8 is a bit silly, the odds that an 8 would be in an address are pretty much 1 out of 10.

The 8 is a bit silly, the odds that an 8 would be in an address are pretty much 1 out of 10.

The odds are 1 out of 10 if there is just one number in the address but these addresses have five and six, eight if you count the numbers in the shop name. Well, actually 1 out of 9 since no addresses that I know of that only have one number have a zero.

The first murder took place July 6 in Bay Ridge, where shopkeeper Mohamed Gebeli, 65, was gunned down inside Valentino Fashion at 7718 5th Ave. The second killing occurred nearly a month later on Aug. 2 in Bensonhurst, where business owner Issac Kadare, 59, was found dead inside Amazing 99 Cents Deal Shop at 1877 86th St. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Gebelli and Kadare were found with materials from their businesses -- like clothing, baking dishes and boxes -- covering them.

The odds that any random six digits do NOT contain the number 8 are 0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9*0.9=0,531441

The odds that any random 6 digits contain the number 8 at least once are 1-0,531441=0.468559, roughly 50 % of the time.

The calculation is not quite correct as the first number can't be zero so there are only 9 possibilities and not 10 for those first numbers but correcting for that would just put the odds of having an eight in there closer to 50 %.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back