Deceased/Not Found NY - Saniyya Dennis, 19, SUNY College Student, Buffalo, 24 Apr 2021

WNYer

Reaction score
Saniyya Dennis was last seen on camera exiting her dorm at Bishop Hall at 10:30 pm 4/24/2021. Saniyya is a SUNY Buffalo College Student.

Attachments

• 4A365AB5-0E0C-4CC9-B823-A13113F81121.jpeg
    4A365AB5-0E0C-4CC9-B823-A13113F81121.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 0D322DD6-0116-4149-AACC-FCFE5D6D5225.jpeg
    0D322DD6-0116-4149-AACC-FCFE5D6D5225.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 307
  • 80B88251-8AC5-4807-9D1C-8E95E871E6AC.jpeg
    80B88251-8AC5-4807-9D1C-8E95E871E6AC.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 295
  • 78535530-BAFA-4C25-8C3C-A02AEE7260BF.jpeg
    78535530-BAFA-4C25-8C3C-A02AEE7260BF.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 249
Missing Buffalo State College Student | University Police | SUNY Buffalo State College

The University Police Department (UPD) at Buffalo State College is requesting the public’s assistance in locating a Buffalo State sophomore who has been missing since Saturday, April 24. Saniyya Dennis, 19, was last seen on campus leaving her residence hall around 11:00 p.m. Saturday.

Saniyya is Black female who is 5 feet, 3 inches tall, weighs approximately 125 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes. A photo of Saniyaa from Saturday is below. She is a Bronx, New York, native. Investigators believe that she may need medical attention and that she may still be in the Western New York area or may have traveled to Yonkers, New York

There is no evidence of foul play at this time. University Police has circulated her information statewide to police agencies and hospitals through the New York State Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

UPD and campus officials are in close consultation with Saniyya’s family and are providing support during this difficult time.

Anyone with information about Saniyya’s whereabouts is asked to contact Buffalo State’s University Police Department at (716) 878-6333 or police@buffalostate.edu. Information can also be shared through the University Police anonymous tip line at (716) 878-3166. Please continue to keep Saniyya and her family and friends in your thoughts while we hope for her safe return.

4-24image.jpg MissingPersonsClearinghouseSaniyyaDennis.jpg

https://twitter.com/BuffaloStateUPD/status/1387473013235494916

Buffalo State College student reported missing

Missing Buffalo State student's parents 'very concerned' about their daughter | wgrz.com

Saniyya is a sophomore, an honor and engineering student from the Bronx. Her parents traveled to Buffalo to search for their daughter, who they say they haven't heard from in six days.

It was reported that she hadn’t shown up to work, and she didn’t show up to class, and she’s not like that. She’s very studious.

Police say there was nothing suspicious about the way she left her room, and that there's no indication of a criminal investigation.

Due to COVID restrictions students don’t have roommates.

University Police say they've talked to friends of Saniyya, who say they saw her earlier in the day Saturday, but don't know where she was going.

Police say they do have information on which way she left campus, but that hasn't led to any substantive leads.

Public's help sought in finding missing SUNY Buffalo State student

UPDATED 1 hr ago
The family of a SUNY Buffalo State College student who has been missing since Saturday, April 24 is asking the public for help in finding her.

She was last seen between 10:30 and 11 p.m. leaving her campus dorm.

Latisha Dennis said she got a text from her daughter at about 12:20 a.m. Sunday saying she was sorry she had missed a phone call from her mother and that she would try again the next day.

Rapper 40 Cal is turning to the hip-hop community to assist him in his personal issue. The Harlem, New York-bred star has made a heartfelt plea to his fans for their help in finding his missing daughter, Saniyya Dennis.

"My daughter Saniyya is missing out of Buffalo State College ....," he posted on his Instagram page on Thursday, April 29 along with a picture of the 19-year-old girl in a green gown. He even offered a $10,000 reward for "anyone with any helpful info," instructing them to "hit my dm , any other matters respectfully don't contact me!" adding there's "$10,000 for any info that connect."
Login • Instagram
Following 40 Cal's cry for help to find his missing daughter, people have been reposting and resharing the messages in hopes of finding Saniyya which the rapper shared on his Stories. "Time to protect our queens," one person wrote while reposting 40 Call's Instagram post.
Rapper 40 Cal Offers $10K Reward to Help Find Missing Daughter

Rapper 40 Cal Asks For Help In Finding His Missing 19-Year-Old Daughter

Last edited:
I am rooting for you, Saniyya!

It's okay to take a break from college- these are not easy times.
I remember how very difficult college was, especially when also working.
Please know you can take a break.
You can take a semester off, rest, and go back when you're ready. No pressure, no rush.

Your family just needs to know you're safe. Please go home to them and let them help you out with what you're feeling. I promise you they will welcome you back and they will help you rest and things will feel better soon.

Last pinged location was Goat Island, Niagara Falls. Search parties to start in Buffalo and Niagara Falls at 10am today at 1300 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, N.Y. And Goat Island area, Niagara Falls, N.Y.

That is not a good sign. I would bet someone tossed her phone in hopes the falls would destroy it. The water there is pretty much not searchable due to rapids. I dont think they would put a body in there as it would likely be seen going over the water or get caught up in rocks.

That is not a good sign. I would bet someone tossed her phone in hopes the falls would destroy it. The water there is pretty much not searchable due to rapids. I dont think they would put a body in there as it would likely be seen going over the water or get caught up in rocks.
Unfortunately the unrecovered remains in Niagara Falls are plenteous. I wonder how many unrecovered it will take to drain/divert an area and hopefully recover some of those.
Big big prayers for today’s search parties, their safety, Saniyya’s, and of course for her family throughout throughout the searches.

There are likely quite a few cameras in the Niagara Falls area so maybe that can help. I wonder what time the last ping was.

There are likely quite a few cameras in the Niagara Falls area so maybe that can help. I wonder what time the last ping was.
1:15am on 04/25/2021 was the last time her phone pinged near Goat Island. She had called her Mother the day prior but nothing seemed out of her norm.
I just read today though that she was actively participating/activist regarding racial injustice on Campus.
Student protesters demand that racially-charged incidents are addressed at Buffalo State College | wgrz.com

If she took the bus to Niagara Falls, it looks like she took the last bus of the night and would not have been able to take a bus home that night.

It is an hour long bus ride. The state park is open 24 hours.

This seems just terrible. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back