GUILTY NY - Sarah Goode, 21, Medford, 6 June 2014 #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by OkieGranny, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstroKitty

AstroKitty Former Member

Just saying...

2. Momoffourboys

Momoffourboys Well-Known Member

How do you the k9s didn't pick anything up? TIA

3. lucymoosey

lucymoosey Member

I guess what I meant was, that the search dogs didn't ultimately find her, the search party did, one of the volunteers. I thought for sure the dogs would be the ones to find her if she was in the area.

4. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Friends, family gather to mourn murdered mom from Medford

5. Momoffourboys

According to one of the news reports they did not search where she was found with the dogs. She was at the other end of the wooded area. IMO.

6. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Police identify body found in Medford as missing woman Sarah Goode
    Funeral plans set for murdered Medford mom, Sarah Goode
    Body of missing mom found in Long Island: cops

7. lucymoosey

lucymoosey Member

I just figured if she had walked from the car to those woods (for what reason I don't know) that the dogs would pick up her scent, follow it from the car to the woods and find her there. Maybe I'm overestimating the conditions for the dogs to be able to do that. I know a retired police officer who retired with her bloodhound, and that dog was amazing when it comes to tracking- they can even differentiate the scent difference between identical twin babies. I don't know if Suffolk County PD has tracking dogs at their disposal though.

8. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Has LE been asking the public for tip this week? If not, they may just be waiting on forensics.

9. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

Map at this link

Suffolk cops: Body found is missing Medford woman

10. watergirl78

watergirl78 New Member

RQBM

But...I would think that if the car was driven around the block or down the street from the point she/he/they entered the woods there would be no scent trail from the car. Thoughts? How much ground do you think they cover with the dogs? If they don't detect a scent trail, do they keep going or call it off in that area?

11. Momoffourboys

I didn't mean to sound argumentative. Sorry if it came off that way. :blushing:

I thought you had read/ heard that nothing was picked up by the dogs.
    IMO She was dumped and then the car was moved. Sounds awful. It is awful.
    Suffolk county has a reputable SAR team.

12. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I can't see why she would have walked into the woods...why would she do that? I think that she was carried or chased into woods. Probably carried, if no scent trail was found from the car, jmo

13. lucymoosey

lucymoosey Member

You weren't argumentative at all, no worries. I just wanted to make sure I didn't come across like I have inside information (I wish I did!) I think sometimes I sound that way because I have thought about this case so much I made myself an honorary member of the detective squad LOLOL

14. Momoffourboys

:websleuther:

15. Momoffourboys

Agreed. IMO she was murdered in/near the car, carried into woods and perp drove the car 1/2 mile to where it was left.

16. sherbetjello

sherbetjello Where is Kyron?

Frustrating that there is no arrest yet.

17. beachbaby

beachbaby New Member

Can anyone help us with his Twitter map. Droopy & I can't figure out what's wrong. When I click on his map google asks me to click to get approval from him. He has been bombarded with emails since he's posted it on websleuthes.

18. Droopy

Droopy New Member

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zumSLSYMqZmw.kyLAVKbRd3PA

I am re-posting the map. It has come to my attention that other's weren't able to view it. I hadn't realized that was the case because no one mentioned anything in the thread about not being able to. That would explain all the request messages I received. I changed the settings in google maps, anyone with the link should be able to view it. If you still can't see it let me know.

19. beachbaby

beachbaby New Member

Great map, thanks for putting it back up. It gives me a better perspective. From Twitter we know who she was with and where she was. I pray the Suffolk County PD make an aresst soon & give the family some peace. They are really struggling, it's so tragic.

20. momthebomb

momthebomb Member

Thanks so much Droopy for this map. It really helps put it all together for me. Good Lord, that first tweet where SG is wondering where this night is taking her is a heartbreaker. Remember being that age, working all week and living for Friday night with your friends? This poor kid. Just makes me sick. ITA with the idea that something happened in that car and then she was brought into the woods to be dumped. It must have been as horrifying as it sounds.
    R.I.P. Sarah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.