NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
EXCLUSIVE: 'She would have been killed within a week.' Clinton County Sheriff says the 'Shawshank' escapees planned on MURDERING their 'lover' Joyce Mitchell, who is now on suicide watch in prison

By Shekhar Bhatia In Plattsburgh, New York For Dailymail.com

It has also been revealed that the convicts may have worked out in the prison gym to reduce their body size

<snip>

On-the-run killers David Sweat and Richard Matt would have murdered prison employee Joyce Mitchell within a week of their escape, a top law enforcement official believes.

Clinton County Sheriff David Favro, speaking exclusively to DailyMail.com, said: 'Her life was in danger absolutely.

'These two inmates would have asked, "Would she phone her husband, would she phone her son?" They would probably have killed her within a week.

'They abused her both physically and emotionally and used her. They had got what they had set out for from her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...chell-SUICIDE-watch-prison.html#ixzz3dGJWBOzt

No apples, just the messenger :)

I wondered about that, I have been watched for an update on a person that I know, the last time their photo was update was like 11 months ago, I am thinking that it's updated once a year or if there if a change in their appearance. With the one having his photo taken the day before maybe it has been a year or he had lost some weight. jmo idk

The questions, of course, are many. Based on charges, it appears that prison tailor shop supervisor Joyce Mitchell played a role in the escape. She is charged with supplying small tool parts that could have helped inmates Richard Matt and David Sweat break free.

But her contributions alone, if proven, could not have put two very dangerous men outside prison walls.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/opin...cle_e4d6446e-7cf5-5a5c-94a7-50948df842fa.html

Funny how her husband finally visits her and now she is on suicide watch.

I was just thinking the same thing. I heard on the radio last night that it wasn't necessary for her to be on suicide watch because they had someone with her, 24/7
Now, this? heh

:seeya: Hi friend! Miss you!

Yeah, to like the planet Earth!:yeahthat:

I agree. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it takes LE years to find them. I saw one former US Marshall on CNN today saying to the effect, "Oh, we WILL find them!" I'm sure LE will keep plugging away but the when is something else. If Matt & Sweat can refrain from killing someone else, I think it could be a while before they're found.

okay here's the info about the grate - on the graphic partway down this page, you have to read the small text at the bottom that describes the breakout -
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/felons-escaped-n-y-prison-cuomo-article-1.2250257

article-prison-0609.jpg

Thank you for the great graphics! What was this 24 inch pipe used for? Was it a steam pipe?

Can you imagine being inside a 24 inch pipe and having to cut a hole to get out of it? How'd they know where to cut the exit hole? By tapping on inside of pipe to see when it exited the wall?

Well, the longer this goes on, the better my chances to look out my upstairs window and see the gamboling duo leisurely passing by this bucolic setting, a full three+ hours southeast of where they've started.

So....let's re-cap!
The inmates were in the honor block. They wore civilian clothes. They painted their own cells. They had art supplies. They had internet access. They were not regualrly supervised. They were doing the nasty (and I mean NASTY) with Tillie....and they escaped? Risking their lives? Fools! IMO

Thank you for the great graphics! What was this 24 inch pipe used for? Was it a steam pipe?

Can you imagine being inside a 24 inch pipe and having to cut a hole to get out of it? How'd they know where to cut the exit hole? By tapping on inside of pipe to see when it exited the wall?

Perhaps their "Plan A" cohort(s) (I believe an outsider, not Joyce, met and helped them) went into the manhole and cut the pipe opening for them. Then they all drove away into the night... JMO

Crawling through a 24" pipe with a guitar case though? Anyone have a guitar case? It seems it would be too wide. (Remember in Shawshank Andy dragged something tied to his foot?). I can't even stand to think about crawling in a pipe, never mind carrying stuff with me. I would die of a panic attack from being in a small space. :panic:

I was just thinking the same thing. I heard on the radio last night that it wasn't necessary for her to be on suicide watch because they had someone with her, 24/7
Now, this? heh

:seeya: Hi friend! Miss you!

Welcome back!

I don't think all the "work" in the tunnel was done in the last 5 weeks.

It was already completed 5 weeks prior to the escape night, and they "practiced" moving through the tunnel, the pipe, etc during the last 5 weeks.

Earlier I thought perhaps they left the manhole cover until that very evening, but beginning to think, even that too may have been saved until close to the very end:

<snip>

How did they know exactly where to go? Wylie [DA] tells us it was because they may have practiced the route for up to five weeks.

That means they were crawling in and out of their cells and wandering around in areas that should have had at least occasional patrols and that didn't have any surveillance cameras.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/opin...cle_e4d6446e-7cf5-5a5c-94a7-50948df842fa.html

I think that lyle was asked to go in and meet with tellie. I think they are lost in where these two could be. Remember she was involved with at least one of them a year ago and they have been working together since, I am sure their relationship that they had was just kept more low key. I think that what she has said is a lie and LE is looking for more info and they have asked lyle to step forward and see what he can get from her, maybe.

RBBM

Just jumping off your post Elley:

Why didn't Lyle go directly to the Sheriff, LE or the DA or even his attorney after his visit with Tillie this morning: No, he went directly to his wife's attorney.

Why was that?

He MAY have had some knowledge before from Tillie (towards the very end), hence his own attorney.

Perhaps their "Plan A" cohort(s) (I believe an outsider, not Joyce, met and helped them) went into the manhole and cut the pipe opening for them. Then they all drove away into the night... JMO

Crawling through a 24" pipe with a guitar case though? Anyone have a guitar case? It seems it would be too wide. (Remember in Shawshank Andy dragged something tied to his foot?). I can't even stand to think about crawling in a pipe, never mind carrying stuff with me. I would die of a panic attack from being in a small space. :panic:

Could've been one like this. Flexible with all those handy dandy pockets. http://www.amazon.com/ChromaCast-Ac...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1434498585&sr=1-1

Shoulder straps too :(

That color is what is referred to as Institution Green

This photo illustrates the lighter wall that I had recalled. In the other photo floating around, believe it's the other cell, both walls are institution green.

I can't exactly grasp the grates, the grey/silver cardboard without a visual which doesn't exist, but is the gist of it according to the NY Daily News post cited that the grate would have been placed back over the grey cardboard???

Is that it?

Does anyone think these 2 are still together...because I find that very unlikely!

:eek: His kitchen cabinets are the same color as his old prison cell? You'd think making your home look absolutely nothing like the 8x10 tank you were locked up in for however long would be job one.

ss-150610-dannemora-03_7d25aa39d57c8a3dd3228a36a5eac796.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dannemora-prison-escape-n373021

Ha! I thought, O, are the cabinets painted country green? LOL

The other thing I noticed is that his place is meticulous, the way the wall hangings are hung, the kitchenware objects are displayed on shelves, the organization. I'm sure he had little control in CC Facility other than the few objects & possessions in his cell--order.

In any event, he served his time & I wish him well

Jeremy Mathsen retweeted
NBC News &#8207;@NBCNews 15m15 minutes ago

Missed Opportunity? N.Y. prison lock down request denied week before killers' escape http://nbcnews.to/1GcRFdX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77