NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those upscale seasonal homes are more down in the Catskills or the southern part of the Adirondecks -- folks from NYC, Albany, etc. go up there on weekends. The northern part of the Adiorondecks take a long time to get to...unless you live way up there by the Canadian border somewhere.

even down in Old Forge they're not fancy at all IMO. Rustic is part of the charm intentionally I think.. but it doesn't always come off that way. LOL.

Around 30 mi from the prison, Franklin County Mountain View NY JMO

Thats a long ways on foot. Pretty amazing if all on foot through the woods. No wonder he had bloody feet.

It does make sense they are not that far from the Prison since Tilley didn't show.

I've camped out in the woods quite a bit in years past and the thing that will give them the most trouble will be the black flies as those hurt like heck. Ticks are no big deal. You just pluck them off and they dont hurt. Mosquitos can get bad too if sweating a lot.

But I bet they found some mosquito repellent in the cabin. That is usually kept at most cabins as people always want to leave a supply at their cabins. So they may be not bothered by the bugs.

The deer ticks. You don't even see them because they are so tiny, You may not even know they have been on you until it is too late. You have Lyme disease!

The deer ticks. You don't even see them because they are so tiny, You may not even know they have been on you until it is too late. You have Lyme disease!
I was just thinking about how much it would suck for them to break out of jail only to return with a nice case of Lyme disease. I don't know if it's the same there, but on the other side of the lake in Vt, Lyme diseased ticks are a huge issue. We do full body checks on all of us when we come indoors and carry a tick remover with us at all times that removes them without breaking the stinger off inside. If you get them off quickly without breaking the stinger your risk of transmission is basically zilch.

Since they planned this press conference so far in advance last night...

Does anyone feel like we are going to hear that one of them is actually already in custody? Sweat, would be my guess.

May be wishful thinking...but I will just say, it wouldn't surprise me.

ETA - Just checking in on twitter, and it seems I am not the only one with this feeling!

CNN now talking about this, IMO in prep for presser. I'm still busy for 15 min til presser so can't transcribe guests just now.

from above link - "This, after searchers discovered a hunting camp, where they say the men may have been hiding out.

Local residents say police reported finding prison issued underwear inside and fingerprints matching at least one of the men."

I don't ever want to say that Lyme disease is nothing to worry about but in my experience I have been bitten by hundreds of ticks in my lifetime and I also know lots of other people who also have been bitten hundreds of times and have never came down with it.

If you ever get it it is a very serious disease but just pointing out that just because you have a tick doesnt mean you will get it.

Best advice I have for people going into the woods is to use Deep Woods Off (not regular OFF). The "Deep Woods Off" works great and keeps all pests and ticks off of you. They will get on you but then drop off. The regular "off" doesnt work hardly at all so dont buy it. Its useless. The deep woods version is amazing.

Deer flies luv to take a chunk of skin. We were up in cottage country in N. Ont. Took a chunk of my lip and it swelled 3 times the size. Hurt like hay too. Just sayin.....

Presser to start at any minute. Will be carried live on CNN.

Gee, if Tillie was the would-be driver and they are busted for soiled underwear, it would be more of a comedy than an intrigue film. Fools. JMO

I was just thinking about how much it would suck for them to break out of jail only to return with a nice case of Lyme disease. I don't know if it's the same there, but on the other side of the lake in Vt, Lyme diseased ticks are a huge issue. We do full body checks on all of us when we come indoors and carry a tick remover with us at all times that removes them without breaking the stinger off inside. If you get them off quickly without breaking the stinger your risk of transmission is basically zilch.

You bring up a good point that certain areas are more prone to Lyme than other areas. The Northeast is one of those areas you have to take more precaution.

Old Lyme Connecticut is where it got its name. So the cases of Lyme are much more common in certain areas of the Northeast.

Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 3m3 minutes ago New York, USA

Got kicked out of the police command center in Owls Head, told we weren't allowed to get shots of them from here

Mike Donoghue ‏@FreepsMikeD 48s49 seconds ago

NYPS more than 2000 leads checked #btv #vt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members