NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for repeating myself, but I stand by what I posted earlier today. Gene Palmer's attorney, Andrew Brockway, is in way over his head. He's been a licensed attorney since 2013 with practice areas limited to Family, Real Estate, Wills & Living Wills, Speeding & Traffic Ticket. I don't see Brockway having the expertise or experience to handle such a high-profile case. He definitely has no media savvy. :moo:

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/12901-ny-andrew-brockway-4420725.html

Oh my goodness. Yikes. Doesn't sound qualified in any way for this ordeal. I think this whole thing will just get more convoluted as it goes and someone who is a lawyer for real estate???! Might not have the expertise needed...

Palmer's attorney on AC just now: "Mr. Palmer doesn't like this attention."

I'll bet!

Well, isn't that a damn shame!
Neither does all of upstate NY, Vermont, PA and Canada! Not to mention the thousands of people putting their lives on the line searching! Cry me a river...wahhhh

24 June 2015
State Police announce the arrest of Corrections Officer Gene Palmer

NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Charles E. Guess
Troop B Commander

PRESS RELEASE

The New York State Police have arrested 57-year old Clinton Correctional Facility Correction Officer Gene Palmer of Dannemora, NY.

Palmer is charged with Promoting Prison Contraband 1st Degree, a Class D Felony, two counts of tampering with Physical Evidence, Class E Felonies, and one count of Official Misconduct, a Class A Misdemeanor.

The arrest is the result of the ongoing investigation into the escape of inmates David Sweat and Richard Matt.

Palmer will be arraigned tonight in Plattsburgh Town Court.

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=46327&

Ok well we know Tillie helped her Boo and Bae because she thought it was true love, now what on earth were Palmer's reasons for helping Sweat and Matt?!? :thinking:

Ok well we know Tillie helped her Boo and Bae because she thought it was true love, now what on earth were Palmer's reasons for helping Sweat and Matt?!? :thinking:

Got Tillie to stop hitting on him if he kept S&M hooked up? (kidding!)

Palmer's attorney on AC just now: "Mr. Palmer doesn't like this attention."

I'll bet!

Brockway has no media savvy - not to mention a lack of experience and/or expertise is criminal law. Palmer needs a new attorney - NOW!

I agree Bette, he'll probably have a criminal defense attorney by tomorrow, hopefully it won't be court appointed if he makes as much or more then Mitchell.

Thought I heard that Palmer has worked at the prison for 20 years. Not sure about Joyce, but Lyle's been there for 10 years. I'm guessing that GP earns more $$$.

Flood Warning for... southwestern Clinton County in northern New York... southeastern Franklin County in northern New York... northwestern Essex County in northern New York...

until 1100 am EDT Thursday

Really? Is this really necessary?? Mother Nature just doesn't know when to quit!!

Was it known publicly that Palmer had paintings? It seems like there was a list in the beginning of whom was thought to have been given paintings - was Palmer on this list?

How or why is he being charged with destruction of evidence, assuming they were the paintings. The paintings may have been given to him years ago and had no relation to this escape.

I doubt he would've beaten a polygraph (though it's possible he passed it by dumb luck or maybe I'm just underestimating him), so probably he did just get fooled into helping them and didn't realize what he was doing. JMO

He could tell the truth on the hamburger and lied on other questions, right? I think he had to take it or he would look guilty and he just hoped they wouldn't ask the right questions or he gets less charges than if he aided with a prison escape. I don't know. Every "out there" scenario we have come up with and laughed about is coming true it seems. This would make more than a movie - a whole series for years.

Whew -- over 3 straight hours, and finally got caught up! Now...off to bed....expect you guys to have everything wrapped up by morning!

I'm sorry but this is just funny.
They couldn't have had sex because there was always a guard there!
Uh huh... right. They also couldn't have tools, weapons and contraband.
Yes, they investigated the situation and also missed the planned escape!
Clearly the investigation wasn't very thorough and procedures were not followed.

These attorneys really need to think about what they are saying given the situation. :facepalm:

www.cnn.com/2015/06/24/us/new-york-prison-break/index.html

Mitchell's attorney, Steve Johnston, said that while he hadn't spoken with his client about this allegation, she has told investigators and him that she did not have sex with Sweat.

"Furthermore, it would seem that such an allegation defies credibility since it is my understanding that there is always at least one corrections officer within the tailor/sewing shop at all times when any inmate is in the shop,"
Johnson told CNN's Brian Todd.

Johnston added that he thinks the department of corrections investigated the relationship between Sweat and Mitchell, and "found no evidence of any such conduct."

Yeah, sure, except when the inmate and the Tailor are in the storage room. I believe Tillie - I am positive she is truthful!!LOL

Was it known publicly that Palmer had paintings? It seems like there was a list in the beginning of whom was thought to have been given paintings - was Palmer on this list?

How or why is he being charged with destruction of evidence, assuming they were the paintings. The paintings may have been given to him years ago and had no relation to this escape.

A picture of the hideout cabin?

Are they keeping the perimeter set up around the clock and are there night searches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam