NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keshia Clukey retweeted
Warren Serink
51m51 minutes ago
Warren Serink ‏@mooseNYC
@KClukey_TU heard a 'have a nice day' etching was found in mountain view and police swabbed it. Maybe a prank? #PrisonBreakNY
"Etching"?? What exactly does that mean... Like carved in a tree??

What's next in this case? Things are popping up that none of us would ever have dreamed about! Married but lives with girlfriend, burlesque dancer son . . .

Any ideas what causes Gene's face to be so red? Is it alcohol or high blood pressure not being controlled?

I'm at the point I don't think anything about this case would surprise me. From start to finish, this is the biggest kerfuffle ever in the history of the USA.

Well we sifted through a lot of very informative and funny (IMO) info. today. I do believe the interesting story will be put into the works someday . WS retreat for opening night viewing! That said, going to bed early tonight. This group is a great one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to see a picture of this new 'note' before making any judgements on that. BUT I sure do hope it was them and not some punk playing a joke for this reason: IF someone with out half as much motivation to not get caught can sneak into and out of a LE search area and leave graffitti behind then I don't think we have a snowballs chance in a furnace of catching these guys in the current location. AND if it was them, I think this note means they have vacated the area honestly. Why wouldn't they leave it for the same reason they did before? BTW if it was them, I would also assume they have some way of monitoring the news or scanners because why leave this in the middle of NOWHERE if you didn't have some idea it would be found and soon?

it's in the link posted in this thread by GGE

"Posting Bail

When you "post bail," you are paying the amount that your bail was set at. This can generally be done in a few ways, including:

Paying by cash or check in the amount of your bail [or in some states/jurisdictions, a credit card];
Signing over ownership rights to property that has a cash value that is equal to or exceeds the amount of your bail;
Giving a bond (a promise to pay if you do not appear) in the full amount of your bail; or
Signing a statement that says you will appear in court at the required time, generally called "being released on your own recognizance."

Generally, if you can be released on your own recognizance, you should try to take that option. However, many people are forced to purchase a bail bond in order to get released from jail. A bond is much like a check that you give to a friend, asking him or her not to cash it until you say it's okay to do so. Generally, the purchase price of the bond is about 10% of the value. Therefore, if your bail is set at $5000, you can expect to pay about $500 in order to purchase a bail bond.

If you have the chance to avoid getting a bail bond in order to get out of jail, it is often good advice to take that second option. If you appear at court and proceed with all requirements thereof, you will generally get the full amount of your bail returned back to you (minus some small, administrative fees from the court). However, if you buy a bail bond, you are already out 10% of your bail amount (this is generally not refundable), and you will also probably have to give the bail bondsman some collateral in order to get the bond (such as an interest in your car or home). If you fail to appear in court at a required time, the bondsman can cash in on the collateral you gave, meaning that he or she could sell your property and take the money from the sale. "

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/getting-out-of-jail-after-you-have-been-arrested.html

Cash OR Bond. He chose Cash.

Sorry. :deadhorse:

I know that in Texas, if you can bond out you can pay for your attorney. Not sure about other states.

But, really, the only guy to plant it would be the cabin owner guy, right?

Nah, it's a whole group of COs who rent it. Lots of people have access. In fact, there's so many of them, LE can't even get a definitive answer if any weapons were left in it. Are Matt and Sweat running around with an arsenal? Or do they have no guns at all... No one knows!

“[Richard] Matt provided me with elaborate paintings and information on the illegal acts that inmates were committing within the facility,” Gene Palmer, 57, told cops in a statement dated June 20.
http://nypost.com/2015/06/25/prison-guard-traded-favors-for-escaped-killers-art/

BBM - same date as the cabin "sighting" which led to the positive DNA match. Coincidence? Maybe. But so far this has unfolded like a work of fiction, so I can't bring myself to rule out any possibility at this point, regardless of how far-fetched it seems.

New "note" -
CIYcZyrUcAAnmms.jpg

They know if there were guns in the cabin. Guess said an inordinate amount of guns and ammo were in there, so it was impossible to know what if anything was missing because there was no inventory. He also said they're cunning, they know we're out here and are coming for them, in two weeks why wouldn't they have armed themselves? We've always assumed they are armed. (paraphrasing)

One similarity in the graffiti note and Sweat's handwriting is that in both writings all the cursive letters in a word are joined.

Edited...the cursive is not joined correctly in the graffiti.

Two savage killers (one a cop killer) do not become inmate leaders and extensions of the prison administration just by attending prison bible study.

Conversely, two moderately well paid officers do not flip into the world of criminality merely through sympathy and social interaction.

Something very seductive has to allure both groups to take the hard road that comes with flipping (or being flipped) inside of a prison. The number one suspect is money. If some key prisoners trusted Sweat and Matt, and down the line the CO's also trusted Sweat and Matt, then what we have is a conduit for illegal activity to take place inside the prison for $$$$. That is what is being covered up, imo.

New "note" -
CIYcZyrUcAAnmms.jpg

That isn't Sweat's work. Do we have a sample of Matt's handwriting?

I do think the spray paint is Sweat...based on that letter comparison.

Whoever it is, it's creepy!!!!!!

BBM

A court appearance scheduled for Thursday was adjourned after Mr. Palmer decided to retain a new lawyer, William J. Dreyer, who did not respond to a request for comment. His previous lawyer, Andrew Brockway, told reporters there was more to the escape plot than met the eye. “The true story isn’t Joyce Mitchell and Gene Palmer; it is bigger than that and we are hoping that the truth comes out,” he said, without elaborating.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/2...er-new-york-prison-escape.html?referrer=&_r=0

BBM

A court appearance scheduled for Thursday was adjourned after Mr. Palmer decided to retain a new lawyer, William J. Dreyer, who did not respond to a request for comment. His previous lawyer, Andrew Brockway, told reporters there was more to the escape plot than met the eye. “The true story isn’t Joyce Mitchell and Gene Palmer; it is bigger than that and we are hoping that the truth comes out,” he said, without elaborating.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/2...er-new-york-prison-escape.html?referrer=&_r=0

WOW, just like we thought!

One similarity in the graffiti note and Sweat's handwriting is that in both writings all the cursive letters in a word are joined. And joined correctly.

and the v's are identical

I think I read one of these guys has a guitar....I may be way off base here but I would think even guitar strings could wrap around a neck and strangle someone....and they let them keep guitars in their cells???? Good Lord.

<snip>

A longtime corrections officer has admitted to investigators that he smuggled a screwdriver and pliers into the prison and did other favors for Richard W. Matt, one of the escaped killers, in exchange for a dozen elaborate paintings and other drawings by him, according to court documents and a person with knowledge of the guard&#8217;s statements.

The officer, Gene Palmer, who has worked at the prison since 1987, told investigators that he even helped Mr. Matt mail one of the paintings, of the television character Tony Soprano, to a woman in Florida, who sold it on eBay for $2,000, according to the person with knowledge of Mr. Palmer&#8217;s statements.

<snip>

But Mr. Palmer&#8217;s entanglement in Mr. Matt&#8217;s painting career appeared even deeper. He helped mail the painting of Tony Soprano to a daughter, he told investigators, though it was unclear whether he was referring to Mr. Matt&#8217;s daughter or his own, the person with knowledge of his statements said. The person did not want to be identified while discussing the details of a continuing investigation.

It sounds like Palmer and Matt were sending these paintings off to family members to sell on eBay.

Take a look at Sweat's cursive, though. He wrote the D in "Dear Julia" differently than the way he writes a D when he signs his name. It has the same stoke as his capital B, and closer to the D in the graffiti. Also look at the H in Hunter on the envelope. Very similar to the H in the graffiti in that it begins with a wide hook. The N in NY on the envelope - same as the N in Nice.

Handwriting or penmanship when you're extending your arm in the air as you spray an aerosol can will be sloppier than when you're resting your palm on a flat surface as you write with an actual pen or pencil.

Just throwing that out there. Location aside, it looks like a possibility to me that Sweat drew it.

Capture(18).PNG

635695464131610655-Envelope-.jpg

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...r-from-escaped-prisoner-david-sweat/71020352/

635697168386708533-20150612-Graffiti-0606.jpg

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/news/2015/06/12/park-graffiti-smiley/71131924/

omg - GREAT POST! I am scared now. Maybe they have split up or maybe they were at the cabin and moved on a long time ago. That is the same writing. If this was a joke the person had access to his handwriting - who would go that far with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288