GUILTY NY - Several people hit by box truck in NYC; at least 8 killed, several injured, Oct 2017 *arrest*

New York Terrorist Attack: Driver Hit With Federal Charges
by Pete Williams, Tracy Connor, Stephanie Gosk and Corky Siemaszko

The Uzbek immigrant who turned a rented pickup truck into a killing machine was hit with federal charges Wednesday in connection with the deadliest terror attack in New York City since 9/11.

Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov, who police say was inspired by the Islamic State, was charged by the U.S. Attorney's office with one count of material support to a terrorist organization and violence with a motor vehicle, according to court documents provided to NBC News...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/n...river-had-been-planning-carnage-weeks-n816421

Who Were the Victims of the New York Terrorist Attack?
by Elizabeth Chuck and Carmen Sesin

Five longtime friends visiting from Argentina, a Belgian woman, and two New York-area men were killed Tuesday when a driver in a rental truck plowed through a scenic bike path along Manhattan's West Side.
The New York Police Department released the identities of all eight victims Wednesday afternoon. Their ages ranged from 23 to 48 years old.

The five Argentines were celebrating the 30th anniversary of their high school graduation, Argentina's minister of foreign affairs said in a statement on Twitter...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/n...ere-victims-new-york-terrorist-attack-n816341

Person of Interest in NYC Terror Attack Has Been Found: Feds

[....]

Earlier Wednesday FBI released a wanted poster for Mukhammadzoir Kadirov, but authorities said at a news conference about an hour later the man had been located by federal authorities. The man, an Uzbek national, had not been named a suspect in the attack/

[....]

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...ribeca-Truck-Terror-Attack-NYC-454528503.html

1)This program needs to end; visa lottery program, 2) everyone who came over on this program needs to be investigated, call this investigation “racial profiling”, “protecting innocent victims”, “taking back our country.” I do not believe anyone who came over on this program from those countries came over here because they love our country. They should be investigated to find out if they have any ties to home grown terrorists. Protection given to these cowards needs to end.

They should be investigated to find out if they have links to American domestic terrorists? I'm confused. A "home grown terrorist" is like Timothy McVeigh, born and raised in America, American citizen.

This attacker deserves to be some large, bullying prisoner's "girlfriend" in prison.
But with his face -- doubt that's going to happen.

ISIS is not going to 'live forever'.
And neither is he.

^^ RBBM

One cannot be against or outraged about rape in our society while condoning that some prisoners deserve to be raped.

Rape is wrong --- across the board, and that includes the rape of our prisoners and murderers

MOO!

They should be investigated to find out if they have links to American domestic terrorists? I'm confused. A "home grown terrorist" is like Timothy McVeigh, born and raised in America, American citizen.

The coward Timothy McVeigh did his damage in 1995; this program was not around then. Maybe if it were easier for authorities to racial profile and have access to terrorist phone and electronic equipment these attacks would not have happened; 2015 San Bernardino terrorist attack, “homegrown violent extremists”, July 2015 Chattanooga, Tenn. Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez, born in Kuwait, June, 2016 Orlando Ormar Mateen born in New Hyde Park, NY. There are many many more born in the US and in other countries. I believe “homegrown” does not only apply to US citizens only.

The coward Timothy McVeigh did his damage in 1995; this program was not around then. Maybe if it were easier for authorities to racial profile and have access to terrorist phone and electronic equipment these attacks would not have happened; 2015 San Bernardino terrorist attack, “homegrown violent extremists”, July 2015 Chattanooga, Tenn. Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez, born in Kuwait, June, 2016 Orlando Ormar Mateen born in New Hyde Park, NY. There are many many more born in the US and in other countries. I believe “homegrown” does not only apply to US citizens only.

It does. It pertains to a terrorist targeting citizens of his/her own country.

ETA: Source: I am a former DHS TSA employee.

:waitasec: Shouldn't this discussion be on Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks forum?

That is exactly what homegrown terrorism means - targeting victims within a country by a perpetrator with the same citizenship as the victims.

McVeigh, Kaczynski, Clayton Waagner, Eric Rudolph, and Scott Roeder are examples of homegrown terrorists.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...-doesn-t-represent-Muslims-or-Tampa_162212688
Muslim leader: We condemn NYC terror attack, and suspect doesn’t represent Muslims — or Tampa

Updated: November 1, 2017 at 08:36 PM

TAMPA — One neighbor remembered Sayfullo Saipov because he shared dishes from his native Uzbekistan. Another, only that he had a habit of speeding through their apartment complex.

One day after the New York terror attack, residents of the Heritage at Tampa apartments were still trying to reconcile how the neighbor and father who lived in their midst could be the same man who police say mowed down and killed eight people in a rented truck before he was shot by police.

Saipov, 29, was last seen at the northeast Tampa apartment complex off 56th Street north of Sligh Avenue between three and seven months ago after living there for about two years, neighbors said.
[...]

Death truck? Neighbor may have snapped pic of terrorist's deadly weapon

The truck was a mainstay along the street for weeks, Batista said. Saipov was often hanging out with two other guys and they would hop into the truck and go for rides, said Batista.

“They didn’t look like construction workers. They weren’t dressed like they were going to work,” said Batista, who shared the photo exclusively with Fox News.

He added that Saipov was always with these two men, who had the same long beards.

“I would see him with them more than his own kids,” he said.
SABBM

Sorry if accusing anyone unjustly ... but I'm fearing another possible attack !!
Who were the other two -- did they think like HIM ????
:moo:

2015 San Bernardino terrorist attack; Malik was born in Pakistan , Farook was born in Chicago, Illinois The FBI's investigation deemed them “homegrown violent extremists”, July 2015 Chattanooga, Tenn. Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez, born in Kuwait……………. I still believe (or should I say in my opinion) homegrown terrorism does not only apply to US citizens. Canada has them, as does the UK. Australia, they are every where

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-terror-suspect-charged-supporting-isis/story?id=50855307
Investigators have talked to Saipov, who is expected to survive. It’s unclear what, if anything, investigators learned from him, though one official told ABC News the suspect seemed “proud” of the attack. -- According to the criminal complaint, Saipov allegedly began planning an attack against the U.S. a year ago. He was allegedly inspired by ISIS videos he'd watched on his cellphone.

-- Investigators spent the overnight hours collecting video and still images from traffic and surveillance cameras along the route of the attack, sources said. Those images show that Saipov drove carefully and at moderate speed until he entered the jogging path and accelerated; investigators believe that suggests the suspect knew where he wanted to begin the attack. Authorities are pouring through toll records and other digital records to see if Saipov had scoped out the location beforehand, sources said.

[h=3]THE VICTIMS[/h] Two Americans were among the deceased; they were identified by police as Darren Drake, 32, of New Milford, New Jersey, and Nicholas Cleves, 23, of New York City.

Drake's family told ABC station WABC-TV in New York that he had weight loss surgery three years ago and rode Citi Bikes to stay in shape.

Darren Drake would have turned 33 on Nov. 18, according to his father. Darren was his only child.
According to WABC-TV, Cleves, from Boston, was an only child living with his mother in New York. He rode his bike all the time, WABC-TV said.

Five of the people killed have been identified as natives of Argentina. According to the country's consulate, they were visiting New York City to celebrate the 30th anniversary of their high school graduation. The five Argentines killed were identified as Hernan Diego Mendoza, Diego Enrique Angelini, Alejandro Damian Pagnucco, Ariel Erlij and Hernan Ferruchi, the consulate said.

Argentina’s president, Mauricio Macri, said the victims were from the city of Rosario.

"They were five young entrepreneurs, model citizens in Rosario society and I can only imagine with beautiful families,” Macri said in Spanish.

Ann-Laure Decadt, 31, of Belgium, was also killed, leaving behind a 3-year-old son and a 3-month-old son, the mayor of the Belgian town of Staden told ABC News.

Decadt’s husband, Alexander Naessens, called her death unbearable in a statement

Prosecutors say NYC terror attack suspect 'consumed by hate,' asked for ISIS flag

Questioned in his hospital bed, Saipov said he had been inspired by ISIS videos that he watched on his cellphone and began plotting an attack about a year ago, deciding to use a truck about two months ago, Tyree said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/0...ect-consumed-by-hate-asked-for-isis-flag.html

I would think Lanza was consumed by hate

I would think Rogers was consumed by hate,

I would think Omar was consumed by hate,

I would think Holmes was consumed by hate,

It is not a Muslim thing

I would think Lanza was consumed by hate

I would think Rogers was consumed by hate,

I would think Omar was consumed by hate,

I would think Holmes was consumed by hate,

It is not a Muslim thing

If it wasn't a Muslim thing, he wouldn't have asked for an Isis flag to be put in his hospital room. And he wouldn't have screamed Allah Akbar while running through the streets. There is a difference between an extremist and a moderate Muslim, but even an extremist is still Muslim and it does have an effect upon the motive.

The FBI guy in the presser today said there were many many Isis videos downloaded on his cell phone. So I don't understand why everyone wants to deny that there is an extremist religious component to this crime.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/n...river-had-been-planning-carnage-weeks-n816421
The court records said, among other things, that Saipov's cellphone was crammed with 90 gruesome ISIS videos and thousands of images containing ISIS-related propaganda, that he had been planning the mayhem for about a year and that he rented the truck from a Home Depot in Passaic, New Jersey, on Oct. 22.

If it wasn't a Muslim thing, he wouldn't have asked for an Isis flag to be put in his hospital room. And he wouldn't have screamed Allah Akbar while running through the streets. There is a difference between an extremist and a moderate Muslim, but even an extremist is still Muslim and it does have an effect upon the motive.

The FBI guy in the presser today said there were many many Isis videos downloaded on his cell phone. So I don't understand why everyone wants to deny that there is an extremist religious component to this crime.

The court records said, among other things, that Saipov's cellphone was crammed with 90 gruesome ISIS videos and thousands of images containing ISIS-related propaganda, that he had been planning the mayhem for about a year and that he rented the truck from a Home Depot in Passaic, New Jersey, on Oct. 22.

ISIS is not the same as Muslim. This was about hate and violence. Just like Eric Rudolph, who was never about Christianity.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back