GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

The sister of a woman who was found slain along with her two young children and her lesbian lover in an upstate New York basement apartment says she’s now raising the woman’s only remaining son.

Shakera Symes tells Spectrum News in Albany the entire family is devastated over the killings of Shanta Myers, her 5-year-old daughter, her 11-year-old son and Brandi Mells. The four were found dead Tuesday in an apartment they shared in Troy, just north of Albany.

Police are looking for the killer. Details about when and how the four were killed have not been released.

Symes says Myers’ older son has been living with her for about two months. She says she last spoke with her sister last week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...aea358f9725_story.html?utm_term=.987d4be2a91a

Hey OBE....I totally agree with everything you said.....your insight is always appreciated and invaluable.

I think the case u are referring to above is the Harvey family murders in Virginia, another horrific case that chilled me to the bone. I remember how unusual home invasions/family murders were at the time. Now, sadly, they have become a common occurrence.

Here is the thread on the Harvey family if anyone would like to read up on it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-Richmond-1-Jan-2006&highlight=Bryan+Harvey

Thank you so much. I appreciate the link because I wasn't aware this monster had already been put to death.

A 15-year-old boy who lost his family in this week's quadruple homicide in upstate New York fears for his safety, saying he is "scared to go to the corner store."

"I'm scared to go to the corner store," Isaiah said, according to the Times Union. "I'm not sure if they're coming for me next."
Teen who lost family in upstate New York quadruple homicide fears 'they're coming for me next'

DeWolf acknowledged that Isaiah’s safety is “a concern” but declined to offer further details.

Police said that they have gotten several leads and are also going through heaps of video footage collected from cameras on houses and businesses near the crime scene.

New York State Couple, Kids, Brutally Murdered; Police Vow to Solve Crime

I wouldn't read too much into that. I read that more as a statement of PTSD then that the boy knows who killed his family. I think it's pretty common for young people to think whoever killed a loved one is going to come after them too, especially in this case, his entire family was murdered, I would probably also be afraid that whoever killed my family was going to come for me to finish the job. JMO

I wouldn't read too much into that. I read that more as a statement of PTSD then that the boy knows who killed his family. I think it's pretty common for young people to think whoever killed a loved one is going to come after them too, especially in this case, his entire family was murdered, I would probably also be afraid that whoever killed my family was going to come for me to finish the job. JMO

I agree with you! I’m an adult and when my brother was murdered I was terrified and even had LE walk my lot at night a few days afterwards. A very normal reaction in such a tragic situation .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For now, I am going with drug-related murders.

Subject to change as more evidence comes forth.

MOO

I do not think this was a burglary. The use of a knife makes me think it is a female. A rage killing. Jealousy. And I think it will be an ex or scorned lover of the younger woman.

JMHO

They will catch her.

I'd be shocked if this was done by a woman.
What a terrible crime, that poor family

MOO

My first hunch was spurred ex....but now I am wavering. Not sure if it's drug related - as I can't see the children being targeted because of that, but I'm not as convinced as I was at first about an ex. Though I still lean toward an ex.

Awaiting more info.

jmo

Mom and her 3 kids were evicted and moved in with Brandi right? Perhaps this somehow relates to where they came from? Could it be there was a problem there and that's why they really moved? I don't mean with the landlord. I mean something from that area.

Mom and her 3 kids were evicted and moved in with Brandi right? Perhaps this somehow relates to where they came from? Could it be there was a problem there and that's why they really moved? I don't mean with the landlord. I mean something from that area.

I’m guessing it was more financial reasoning and nothing nefarious.

Troy Police Capt. Daniel DeWolf acknowledged that Isaiah’s safety is “a concern” but declined to offer further details.

Troy Police Capt. Daniel DeWolf acknowledged that Isaiah’s safety is “a concern” but declined to offer further details.

I remember him saying that as well but I took that to mean his emotional and psychological safety. I dunno, this just doesn't smell like the kind of crime where the boy's physical safety is in question. No doubt if he were present in that house we'd have 5 dead people but I can't see whoever annihilated this family going after Isaiah to finish it, unless the killer is a true psychopath, which I don't believe.

Are we sure those aren't photos of Brandi herself on the FB page? She has a boyish look.

There is a photo of her here to compare: http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...omicide_attended_west_genesee_high_schoo.html

Oh that makes sense!! Thank you.

Quadruple Homicide in Upstate New York Unfolded Just Miles from Cold Case Killing of Another Family of 4

Details of the Chen Family murder are contained in the article. Referring to the Troy case...

"Only a person of savagery would do something like this," he said. “Nobody that’s been involved in this case is going to forget this.”

It was a similar sentiment expressed by officers who worked to solve the murders of a family brutally killed in their Guilderland home three years ago. While authorities have not said the killings are in any way linked to the murders of the Myers family, some reports have noted similarities between the two crimes.

I believe the 2 cases are coincidentally similar but different enough that a separate and distinct perp (or perps) is involved in each.

~jmo~

Maybe someone recalled those murders and copied them here.

Just from looking through Brandi’s Facebook I would have to say I’m leaning towards a drug robbery.
That looks like a very large bag of marijuana in a recent post .. correct me if I’m not seeing right though. Plus the fact that they were all tied up.. happens a lot in robbery cases. I think the kids were killed because they would be able to identify the persons responsible. If that is marijuana in that bag.. that’s more than someone would have for personal use in my opinion. So maybe they were being robbed for their drugs??? Just my thoughts. I’m not trying to be negative about the victims. I just watch a lot of “The First 48” and have seen people killed for less.

The execution of the kids just throws me. It doesn't fit typical drug-related stuff.

I remember him saying that as well but I took that to mean his emotional and psychological safety. I dunno, this just doesn't smell like the kind of crime where the boy's physical safety is in question. No doubt if he were present in that house we'd have 5 dead people but I can't see whoever annihilated this family going after Isaiah to finish it, unless the killer is a true psychopath, which I don't believe.

Anyone who coldly executes little children like that, tying them up before slitting their throats, is a psychopath. No way a person with any ounce of feeling for another human being could do something like that to children.

This was no crime of passion. It took deliberation and time. Disgusting.

Anyone who coldly executes little children like that, tying them up before slitting their throats, is a psychopath. No way a person with any ounce of feeling for another human being could do something like that to children.

This was no crime of passion. It took deliberation and time. Disgusting.

Psychopathy is a diagnosis of mental illness, in particular, a psychopath is an individual with a severe mental illness that is marked by violent tendencies who commits violent crimes due to some mental process. Lets not demean those who suffer with psychopathy by putting them into the same category as someone who murders 4 people. These are the actions of a criminal, not a psychopath.

I have little doubt that the individual responsible for these four murders would certainly register very high up on the Depravity Scale.

This just doesn't seem like it's about drugs to me.Seems like they would have just shot them quickly if it was about drugs.These poor people were tied up and basically tortured.It feels like it's more personal and someone really hated one or both women and really wanted them to suffer

MOO

I'm torn between gang/drug-related murders and ex-husband/boyfriend/partner. There are not many clues as yet, but I don't think that a recently evicted woman living in a basement apartment would be brutally murdered for a robbery - unless there were drugs/drug money involved. Then you have to ask, when would a busy, working mom find the time to sell drugs?

Psychopathy is a diagnosis of mental illness, in particular, a psychopath is an individual with a severe mental illness that is marked by violent tendencies who commits violent crimes due to some mental process. Lets not demean those who suffer with psychopathy by putting them into the same category as someone who murders 4 people. These are the actions of a criminal, not a psychopath.

There have been countless murderers who were/are psychopaths.

This absolutely can be the actions of a stone cold psychopath.

I believe the one or ones who did these horrendous depraved acts is the work of a psychopath/s. Prisons all over the nation house many inmate psychopaths who have murdered so I don't understand why you are implying criminals like this cant be psychopaths? They can be both and are.

Being a psychopath does not mean they aren't capable of knowing right from wrong. They do, but when they resort to murder they just don't care about the life of other human beings.

By criminal judicial standards psychopaths are not considered mentally ill. They may be considered mentally ill in the medical sense, but rarely have I seen a psychopath (turned murderer) who didn't know right from wrong, and almost all I have kept up with were deemed competent to stand trial.

IMO

These actually are the acts of a psychopath who resorts to murder.

I'm torn between gang/drug-related murders and ex-husband/boyfriend/partner. There are not many clues as yet, but I don't think that a recently evicted woman living in a basement apartment would be brutally murdered for a robbery - unless there were drugs/drug money involved. Then you have to ask, when would a busy, working mom find the time to sell drugs?
Maybe it wasn't the mom that was selling. Wasn't the partner already living there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back