Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

NY NY - Steven Reynoso, 30, Manhattan, 25 November 2014

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by OkieGranny, Dec 6, 2014.

1. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

[​IMG]

http://nypost.com/2014/12/06/nyc-tourist-goes-missing-after-leaving-renaissance-hotel/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-leaving-midtown-hotel-cops-article-1.2035961

2. OkieGranny

3. weeksauce007

weeksauce007 New Member

I'm surprised there isn't more media attention on this case yet. I can't imagine traveling across the country with my significant other, & have them go missing.

From the NY Post article "Family and friends have been monitoring his Instagram page for clues hoping to hear from him, but his account as been inactive since the night he disappeared.
    Calls to his cell phone went straight to voicemail. Soon after, the number was disconnected, his family said."

I'm wondering, does one have to contact cellphone provider to have the cell # disconnected? How is ones phone disconnected? I'm confused by this.

Praying this man is just taking a time out with his buddies, & sees how incredibly concerned his loved ones are & contacts them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. weeksauce007

weeksauce007 New Member

5. weeksauce007

weeksauce007 New Member

This is my first attempt at linking SM - so please delete if I did not do this correctly or follow rules correctly.
    Many Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. OkieGranny

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/no-word-calif-man-disappeared-midtown-article-1.2036748

7. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

I believe the phone would be disconnected if the bill wasn't paid (the number would be deactivated, and then after a certain amount of time the number would be disconnected and "recycled"). Also, if he (or someone on the account) removed the phone line from the account that would cause it to be deactivated as well.

Whoever Steven's cell phone provider is would probably be able to provide LE with helpful information, such as how the number became disconnected, when it was last used, cell pings, etc.

ETA: The above applies if he has a contract phone (i.e.- Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc.). If he had a disposable/pre-paid phone it could be disconnected by simply not "refilling" his phone with calling/texting minutes over a certain period of time, I believe.

8. meetingsaramarshall

meetingsaramarshall Member

Nothing more on this man?? This breaks my heart, no news anywhere, even locally in CA...