NY NY - Stevie Bates, 19, Manhattan, 28 April 2012

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Dec 1, 2012.

1. deedee21

deedee21 Well-Known Member

Stevie lost her phone. She borrowed phones to make calls. Brandons phone records should have been subpened. He should have taken a polygrah. Where is Brandon now?

2. whisperxo

whisperxo New Member

dayton , ohio according to my research he had been arrested on an unrelated charge and i found his myspace page "blacklungz82"

Al Ka likes this.
  3. tasidasi

tasidasi New Member

One of my friends from college went to high school with Stevie..sad story. The boyfriend was a rough character I've heard according to someone on reddit.

Iona likes this.
  4. tasidasi

tasidasi New Member

I heard he was also a squatter...He definitely seems suspicious to me.

madamx likes this.
  5. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I came across this article and thought I should post
    February 25, 2018 0 Comments

On Saturday, April 28, 2012, a security camera in Manhattan’s Port Authority Bus Terminal captured Stevie Danielle Bates at around 9 AM. The 19-year-old with bleach-blonde dreadlocks looked somewhat confused after stepping off an escalator, seemingly unsure of in which direction to go next. At 1:10 into the clip released by the Yonkers Police Department, Bates is seen wandering a bit before walking towards the security camera and out of its view. This was the last confirmed sighting of Stevie Bates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Stevie Bates following the Occupy Wall Street encampment’s takedown on November 15, 2011 [Image via]

Jones described her last contact with her daughter on a website dedicated to the case:

“When I last spoke with Stevie on 4/27 she specifically told me that when she arrived in NYC she would stop in Brooklyn to meet up with her ex boyfriend, Brandon Klosterman, and come to the house the next day. I have not heard from or seen her since. None of her friends have seen her. She’s had no activity on Facebook since April 26, 2012 (when she had a Facebook conversation with her ex boyfriend Brandon Klosterman, who she would be meeting up with in Brooklyn as soon as she arrived in NYC ). Her other conversations on Facebook were with her best friend (whom she made plans to meet up with for spring break), and a few other high school friends. The friend she was to meet up with, Brandon Klosterman, claimed he hadn’t seen her since before she left NYC on April 19, 2012 to begin her travels. She has not had any activity on her card since April 26, 2012. Stevie NEVER goes without calling me.”

[​IMG]

there is much more info on the article..
    It's Been Nearly 6 Years Since Stevie Bates Disappeared from Manhattan: Why has Her Case Gone Cold? - Pretty Death Seller

Investigators would continue to frustrate Bates’s family. It wasn’t a secret that Bates had planned to see Klosterman following her arrival at Port Authority; however, investigators seemed uninterested in pursuing Klosterman. Per Hilsman’s reporting, he wasn’t questioned until late May, over a month since Bates was last seen.

makes me think her body is somewhere in nyc or ohio

[​IMG]

this image is one of the images from the article. it looks like she has a tattoo. but its not mentioned anywhere if she does or not?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Al Ka, turanna25 and dotr like this.
  6. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

this is such a weird video kind of creepy.. I do think she was with whoever was filming..hard to tell though but seems like they got off at the same stop.

turanna25 and dotr like this.
  7. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Stevie Danielle Bates – The Charley Project

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Missing Since 04/28/2012
    • Missing From Manhattan, New York
    • Classification Endangered Missing
    • Date of Birth 12/29/1992 (25)
    • Age 19 years old
    • Height and Weight 5'6, 115 pounds
    • Clothing/Jewelry Description
      • A three-quarter-length jacket (possibly a navy blue High Maintenance brand with the name "Mike" on it), dark-colored skinny pants, flat canvas sneakers (possibly black and white), a pearl necklace, a thin handmade bracelet, a nose stud with a tiny stone, a round gold tongue ring and a silver navel ring with a two-inch chain. Carrying a small pocketbook with a long shoulder strap.

• Medical Conditions Bates suffers from depression, anxiety and claustrophobia, as well as bad seasonal allergies.

• Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Bates's hair was dyed blonde and styled in shoulder-length dreadlocks at the time of her disappearance; the natural color is dark brown. Her tongue, navel and left nostril are pierced.

dotr and turanna25 like this.
  8. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    dotr likes this.
  9. tasidasi

tasidasi New Member

@madamx you should send these unidentified persons to her mother.

madamx and dotr like this.
  10. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I wonder if her mother knows or follows websleuths?

dotr likes this.
  11. deedee21

Wonder if LE collected DNA. Can't make a match without it.

dotr and madamx like this.
  12. Odyssey

Odyssey Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye

Al Ka and dotr like this.
  13. deedee21

Stevie was seen on camera in the PA.
    No one ever said she was seen walking South. Article is wrong.
    Sidenote. The subway is across the St from PA. The cameras outside the PA and in the subway should have been checked. Missed opportunity.
    Where in the Bx did she live before the family moved?
    Wonder if LE went back to the old neighborhood?
    Doubt LE did much of anything.
    I think her ex knows what happen to her

Al Ka and dotr like this.
  14. Odyssey

I tend to agree about the ex. The only thing I can't really piece together is how.

I know from articles that he was a squatter in a vacant house, and from comments Stevie herself made on Facebook, there were 20 broke people there. It's possible 20 was an exaggeration, but I'd say there were quite a few.

So if he did something to her, I doubt he did it there with so many people around.

He doesn't seem like he would have had a car, or any way to move her a very long distance after he'd harmed her. There aren't really places to bury a body or significant bodies of water near Flatbush in Brooklyn.

She also would have gotten to his place late that morning, and she was supposed to be going to Yonkers that same day. So I'd have to think whatever happened was during the day, which kind of makes anyplace outdoors unlikely. Again, too many people around.

Could he have taken her to another vacant house in the neighborhood? How would he have gotten her there? How would he have gotten her out of there without being seen, and where would he have taken her?

I really wish police had talked to the other people who were staying in that house. They would have seen her if she ever showed up there. They could have checked to see if the belongings Stevie was going to pick up were still there.

Just knowing if she made it to Brooklyn or not would have been really helpful.

Just thinking out loud.

15. deedee21

NYPD told Stevies mother to file a missing persons report in Yonkers.
    Thats a kick in the stomach.
    Thats where it all went downhill.
    Missed opportunities.
    The biggest one being able to view cameras in the subway station.
    My daughter went to a pct to file a report when her daughter did not come home.
    File was given to a Det.
    He made it clear that he will be doing absolutety nothing. He said he wont be making any calls or knocking on any doors.
    I told him he was nasty and lazy.
    We demanded that he give the file to another Det. He did.
    She was found in Connecticut.
    2 Dets drove out there and brought her back.
    I feel for Stevies family.
    They were failed.
    They should demand her file.
    FOIL request.
    This way they can see what was done.
    LE has to go back to the drawing Board.
    Any idea where in the Bronx she lived?
    And where is her ex these days?
    He must of said something to someone by now.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    dotr likes this.
  16. Odyssey

I don't know where in the Bronx she lived, just that she wasn't living there anymore when she disappeared.

I agree about the missed opportunities. I am glad your granddaughter was found safe.

dotr likes this.
  17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

May 13 2012 By Mitch Abramson
    Stevie Bates, daughter of Satellite Academy basketball coach Darryl Jones, goes missing - NY Daily News
    "Jones' daughter is missing, and hasn't been seen by her family or heard from since April 27. Stevie Bates, a 19-year-old former cheerleader at the Bronx High School of Science, with an infectious smile and shoulder-length blond dreadlocks, was traveling cross-country with a group of friends she met through the Occupy Wall Street movement when she disappeared. Bates was last observed boarding a bus in Pittsburgh destined for New York, where she was supposed to arrive on April 28.

Vivian Bates, who is married to Darryl, last spoke with her daughter on the phone on April 27. According to Vivian, Stevie was at a Greyhound bus station in Pittsburgh during a layover. The time was 7:52 p.m. Stevie hasn't been heard from since.

"That was her last layover," Vivian told the Daily News. "I asked her if she wanted me to pick her up at the bus station (back in Manhattan) and she said 'no.' She was going to Brooklyn to meet up with some friends. But she never got there. She was coming home later that day."

"That was the last time Vivian Bates and Jones heard from their daughter, who is a 5-6, African-American female, weighs 120 pounds and is distinguished by her dreadlocks and a nose and belly piercing."

The family purchased a new home in Yonkers on March 1 and was redoing the floors of the house in early April. Stevie was supposed to stay with friends in Brooklyn for a few days while the house was touched up. A week later, on April 19, Vivian said she got a call from Stevie from Virginia, saying she had gone on a road trip to Northern California with three friends she knew from Occupy Wall Street. Stevie lost her cell phone along the way so Vivian kept in contact through a friend's phone her daughter was traveling with.

Around April 23, Stevie told her mother their car broke down in North Carolina and they would be taking a bus to Arkansas. On April 26, Stevie had resolved to come home and boarded a Greyhound bus from Hot Springs, Ark. that was scheduled to arrive in New York City on April 28 at 5:40 a.m., Vivian said."

18. Odyssey

This is a video of an episode of a Disappeared type of show. The first half is about Stevie and her family and friends are in it.

Misahbecker5 and dotr like this.
  19. Bgp

Bgp New Member

Has anyone reached out on squattheplanet.com? I’ve seen websleuths on there before for similar missing persons.

dotr likes this.
  20. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Ws Bgp, thanks for the link!