NY NY - Suzanne Lyall, 19, Collins Circle at SUNY, Albany, 2 March 1998

I'm sorry if someone has said this before, but it seems completely possible to me that a boyfriend who would use remote access to get into her computer would also use the same sort of intrusive tactics to discover her PIN number.

Maybe she used her PIN as a password to a website, or made a note of it somewhere. Many people do.

I'm not saying that this possibility can, or should, be taken as concrete evidence that the boyfriend killed her - but, there is no truly "innocent" stalker. People who passively intrude into others' private lives like this are often preparing to intrude actively.

Sadly, Suzanne Lyall's father passed away last week.

"Albany father dies before finding his missing daughter"

http://news10.com/2015/08/27/albany-father-dies-before-finding-his-missing-daughter/

The father of a missing teen and an advocate for positive change is now no longer with us.

Doug Lyall passed away on Wednesday at the age of 73. He is survived by his wife, Mary.

The Lyalls have helped people from around the world, but with her partner gone, Mary wonders how she will continue.

“I hope I can make it through,” she said. “I just hope. I know I’m going to try and continue this because this was Doug’s legacy.”

"Family, friends recall father of missing UAlbany student Suzanne Lyall"

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Douglas-Lyall-father-of-missing-UAlbany-student-6469179.php

Still numb from the loss of her husband, Mary Lyall hoped it could bring new information about Suzanne's case.

Doug and Mary Lyall kept their marriage intact despite the excruciating anguish of losing a child and not knowing what happened to her.

"It was hard. We both had separate ideas of what happened to Suzy," Mary Lyall said. "He was the (family) spokesperson and that's basically what we tell the families (of missing persons) that call us. You really have to appoint somebody to be a spokesperson. You can't try and do it (otherwise)."

I am so sad to know that Doug Lyall has died.

RIP Doug Lyall.. Doug and Mary Lyall are both warriors in the missing person community.. Prayers to Mary Lyall to stay strong..

Assemblyman Jim Tedisco presents Mary Lyall with an Assembly proclamation during the 15th annual Missing Persons Day Remembrance on Saturday, April 9, 2016, at the New York State Museum in Albany, N.Y.

920x920.jpg

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Missing-Persons-day-marked-in-Albany-7243677.php

Could she perhaps be Jane Doe No. 6 from Long Island, NY?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20161224_001642.jpg
    20161224_001642.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 117
Hi SS, according to NamUs, Jane Doe #6 has mtDNA and nucDNA available in CODIS. And for Suzanne Lyall, NamUs says Sample submitted - Tests complete. I would think they would have gotten a match for this.

http://www.troyrecord.com/general-n...-call-attention-to-missing-ballston-spa-woman
January 9 2018
Cold Case Tuesday: State police call attention to missing Ballston Spa woman
AR-180109826.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667
This composite of photos shows Suzanne G. Lyall, a Ballston Spa woman who went missing nearly 20 years ago when she was a student at the state University of New York at Albany. New York State Police
Witnesses observed Suzanne exit the bus at approximately 9:40 p.m. at Collins Circle on the SUNY campus. Suzanne never returned to her dormitory and has not been seen since.

On March 3, 1998 at 3:57 p.m., Suzanne’s ATM card was used at the Stewart’s Shop convenience store located on the corner of Central Avenue and Manning Boulevard in the city of Albany.

On May 6, 1998, two students walking through the visitors parking lot adjacent to Collins Circle on the SUNY campus found a Babbage Software ID card which belonged to Suzanne. The card was an outdated ID card and it is unknown if the card was lost the night Suzanne disappeared.

Suzanne is a white female, 5 feet 3 inches, weighing approximately 170 pounds with long reddish -brown hair and blue eyes. At the time Suzanne disappeared, she was wearing an ankle-length black trench coat, a black shirt and jeans. She was also carrying a black tote bag.

Members of the New York State Police Troop G Major Crimes Unit have made a concentrated effort to solve this missing person case and continue to ask for the public’s assistance. Anyone with information in this case is asked to call at (518) 783-3211.
rbbm.

Is anyone aware of any other missing women around this location and during this time frame? Also, I would guess there were no video cameras other than the one at the ATM? Lastly, is LE sure she got off the bus or even got on in the first place? The podcast “Unfound” has stirred my interest in this.

Medical examiner taps DNA science to find missing persons
February 18, 2018

Snipped...
Mary Lyall submitted her DNA to the New York City medical examiner, along with her husband’s, as part of her hunt for her missing daughter.

Suzy Lyall was 19 when she disappeared in 1998. She was last seen on the University at Albany campus getting off a bus.

After she vanished, her mother sifted through her room at home looking for clues. In a wastebasket, she found a sanitary napkin Suzy had wrapped and discarded amid crumpled paper.

Two decades later, no match has been made.

“I still look out the window and think, ‘Where is she?”‘ Lyall said.

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/medical-examiner-taps-dna-science-to-find-missing-persons

I’ve been home sick with a bad cold so I’ve been rewatching Disappeared. The Suzy Lyall case always broke my heart because of those parents. I recall hearing that her father died so I did a google search and somehow came across this thread where someone is claiming her ex did it?

https://www.datalounge.com/amp/thre...he-murders-of-sarah-strobel-and-suzanne-lyall

I don’t know what to make of this. It’s from 2016 and seems sketchy but I have to wonder if there’s anything to this.

Has anyone following the case seen this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m new to websleuths and this was the first case I jumped to. I moved to ghe Capital region in 2001, by then Suzanne had been missing for three years. God Bless her parents, they kept her name and pictures in the media all of these years. As I have heard other parents of missing children say, that is the hardest thing, making people remember that they are still missing.

I’m new to websleuths and this was the first case I jumped to. I moved to ghe Capital region in 2001, by then Suzanne had been missing for three years. God Bless her parents, they kept her name and pictures in the media all of these years. As I have heard other parents of missing children say, that is the hardest thing, making people remember that they are still missing.
Welcome to Ws Danio!
:welcome:

I'm new to this so I hope I don't do this wrong. I haven't been able to read all of the pages on this thread yet so I may be asking about something that has already been covered. Were the tunnels checked when she went missing? My son transferred to Albany last fall and he talks about the tunnels being used by the students every day. He said they used to connect the dorms to the rest of the campus but were bricked up a few years ago, now you can get around most of the campus in the tunnels but not to the dorms. The tunnels also used ot be open 24/7 but late last fall they started closing them around 9 at night. He took us through them last Sunday when we visited and they are creepy, we even hit a locked door because certain parts are closed on the weekends. I wondered if she was using the tunnels to go back to her dorm and that's why nobody saw her after she got off the bus. Being late at night and so far underground nobody would hear any screams and if she was running from an attacker she could have come upon a locked door. There are golf cart type vehicles and large garbage bins down there so it would be pretty easy to move a body. I assume the tunnels would have been checked at the time but I haven't seen it mentioned in any news stories I've read. As far as we could tell there are still no cameras watching the tunnels or the entrances so they wouldn't be able to see if she went into the tunnels that night or even who might have been down there.

I'm new to this so I hope I don't do this wrong. I haven't been able to read all of the pages on this thread yet so I may be asking about something that has already been covered. Were the tunnels checked when she went missing? My son transferred to Albany last fall and he talks about the tunnels being used by the students every day. He said they used to connect the dorms to the rest of the campus but were bricked up a few years ago, now you can get around most of the campus in the tunnels but not to the dorms. The tunnels also used ot be open 24/7 but late last fall they started closing them around 9 at night. He took us through them last Sunday when we visited and they are creepy, we even hit a locked door because certain parts are closed on the weekends. I wondered if she was using the tunnels to go back to her dorm and that's why nobody saw her after she got off the bus. Being late at night and so far underground nobody would hear any screams and if she was running from an attacker she could have come upon a locked door. There are golf cart type vehicles and large garbage bins down there so it would be pretty easy to move a body. I assume the tunnels would have been checked at the time but I haven't seen it mentioned in any news stories I've read. As far as we could tell there are still no cameras watching the tunnels or the entrances so they wouldn't be able to see if she went into the tunnels that night or even who might have been down there.

Welcome to Ws. MrSU49!
Excellent suggestion regarding searching the tunnels, although they sound like they would be very spooky!

I’ve been home sick with a bad cold so I’ve been rewatching Disappeared. The Suzy Lyall case always broke my heart because of those parents. I recall hearing that her father died so I did a google search and somehow came across this thread where someone is claiming her ex did it?

https://www.datalounge.com/amp/thre...he-murders-of-sarah-strobel-and-suzanne-lyall

I don’t know what to make of this. It’s from 2016 and seems sketchy but I have to wonder if there’s anything to this.

Has anyone following the case seen this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should get in touch with the investigators, get their email address and send them the link. Let them decide if there is anything to this.
[h=1]Investigating Agency[/h]
TitleInvestigator
First nameJohn
Last nameCamp
Phone(518) 783-3211
Website
Case number98-164
Date reported

JurisdictionLocal
AgencyNew York State Police
Address 1504 Loudon Road
Address 2
CityLoudonville
StateNew York
Zip code12211

Comments

TitleSenior Investigator
First nameKim
Last nameLaw
Phone
Website
Case number
Date reported

JurisdictionState
AgencyNYS VICAP
Address 11220 Washington Ave
Address 2
CityAlbany
StateNew York
Zip code12226

Presenting the Liberty Medal to Mary Lyall

https://blog.timesunion.com/tedisco/presenting-the-liberty-medal-to-mary-lyall/2598/

On Saturday, I was so happy to present the NYS Senate Liberty Medal — the Senate’s highest honor — to my dear friend and personal hero Mary Lyall, mother of Suzanne Lyall and co-founder of the Center for Hope in Ballston Spa

This week marks Suzanne Lyall’s 40th birthday and it’s been 20 years since her disappearance.

In 1999, Mary and Doug helped get “Suzanne’s Law Campus Safety Act” passed in New York to require all colleges in the state to have plans that provide for the investigation of missing students and violent felony offenses committed on campus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back