NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #5

I’ve just been reading a book about the murder of Gail Katz Bierenbaum, whose body has never been found. Actually, a torso was found, identified as hers, and then buried under her headstone. This was before definitive dna testing was routinely used. Years later, the body was exhumed and it was discovered that the body couldn’t possibly be hers, and subsequently buried at Hart Island. My point is, I think this happened more often than we can know, and reinforces my opinion that this could have happened to Sylvia. And, of course, renders it impossible to ever know what happened to her.

:seeya: Hi Jmoose,

It's so sad, but yes, they really didn't have the technology then, so I can see this scenario, too.

But the other thing is I was so hoping we would attract more memories of her from more peeps who knew her who still may be alive to convey them...

:seeya: Hi Jmoose,

It's so sad, but yes, they really didn't have the technology then, so I can see this scenario, too.

But the other thing is I was so hoping we would attract more memories of her from more peeps who knew her who still may be alive to convey them...

I know I’ve said it before, but I’m really bothered by the fact that, aside from MMQC, not a single friend seems even curious, never kind concerned about Sylvia. I guess it’s just been too long...except that there was a newspaper article or two in the last couple of years, and still nothing at all. What kind of people WERE her friends and extended family??

I know I’ve said it before, but I’m really bothered by the fact that, aside from MMQC, not a single friend seems even curious, never kind concerned about Sylvia. I guess it’s just been too long...except that there was a newspaper article or two in the last couple of years, and still nothing at all. What kind of people WERE her friends and extended family??

Bbm: been thinking about this... Maybe some of Sylvia's friends were very curious, but also what if there was a big rumor about what happened to Sylvia at the time she went missing? The kind that without a body found would always remain a rumor? Who is going to come forward and perpetuate a rumor without facts to back it up? Sylvia's brother got the CCS to review her case and he and her best girl friend came together here to go on record about that night, about their thoughts (and suspicions).

And maybe Sylvia's and her fiancé's circle of friends were not intermeshed, (he post school, she still in school) and their families did not know each other? In the big picture they really were not together for that long and no known wedding date set. Regardless of what really happened to Sylvia, an unproven but huge rumor will prevail. So, unless someone who knew her has some strong evidence, one way or another, circumstantial or otherwise, who would come here and talk about it?

Maybe my current general negative feelings are to blame, but I now feel that after 43 years, Sylvia will never be found. Regardless of how she disappeared, or who is responsible, a good job was done to hide her. Remarkable, if she committed suicide, and genius if somebody else did her in.

Hardly anyone else shows up here on her page anymore; even I no longer come here daily, like I used to. I’m sad for her-nobody thought enough of her to kick *advertiser censored* and take names at the time of her disappearance, and now it’s too late to find the clues, if there ever were any.

Maybe my current general negative feelings are to blame, but I now feel that after 43 years, Sylvia will never be found. Regardless of how she disappeared, or who is responsible, a good job was done to hide her. Remarkable, if she committed suicide, and genius if somebody else did her in.

Hardly anyone else shows up here on her page anymore; even I no longer come here daily, like I used to. I’m sad for her-nobody thought enough of her to kick *advertiser censored* and take names at the time of her disappearance, and now it’s too late to find the clues, if there ever were any.
I think that most people have concluded (whether correctly or incorrectly) that Sylvia's boyfriend murdered her. The lack of a mystery around who the perp is tends to make people lose interest. If the boyfriend did murder her, then the only questions is, "How did he dispose of her body?"

I would like to see more prosecutions for murder even when the body can't be located.

It’s been 5 years since Joe Lwowski first accessed Websleuths in his search to find out what happened to his sister Sylvia. He was working with NYPD’s cold case squad since at least 2010. Doesn’t it take 7 years of work to have someone declared officially dead? Especially since it had already been 35 years since Sylvia went missing. I wonder why she is still not considered “deceased”, in the legal sense yet, after all of the avenues that Joe has pursued in all of that time?

Tomorrow would be Sylvia’s 65th birthday...she would be old enough for Social Security payments, and other benefits of the age, if she was still alive. Where did you end up, Sylvia? Why can’t anybody find you?

Happy birthday, Sylvia-wherever you are...

Bumping...
Beautiful Sylvia
1975...Water, swamp, forest.. She is in the deep.
Someday we will find her. Xo

Namus has new software and apparently MP info is not available for public browsing. No circumstances, no list of clothing... No rule outs... huh? -- In fact, the site looks kind of wonky on the iPad. Will have to check out on computer view tomorrow.

There is a register button... Wondering is anyone can register?

Here is Sylvia's link.
Missing Person Case

There's also a WS thread addressing Namus...

NEW - New Namus public site no longer posts DNA or dental information?

---
Hi Jmoose, adorable avatar... New puppy?

Last edited:
Namus has new software and apparently MP info is not available for public browsing. No circumstances, no list of clothing... No rule outs... huh? -- In fact, the site looks kind of wonky on the iPad. Will have to check out on computer view tomorrow.

There is a register button... Wondering is anyone can register?

Here is Sylvia's link.
Missing Person Case

There's also a WS thread addressing Namus...

NEW - New Namus public site no longer posts DNA or dental information?

---
Hi Jmoose, adorable avatar... New puppy?

Not new-he is my 7 year old Frenchie, named “Kevin”. I decided that my last avatar was only suitable for the winter!

Strange that Namus no longer includes so much of the information that would bring a person to the site in the first place, right?

Rose-On Sylvia’sNamus page, there is a list of clothing and other items which Sylvia was thought to be wearing or carrying, as well as the circumstances of her disappearance. I am looking at it on my ipad. I didn’t look to see if there were rule outs, though. And no dna or dental info, as you said.

Ok-if you are registered, then you can see the comparisons, or “rule-outs”.

Last edited:
Jmoose, are you registered in Namus? I don't ever remember registering....
Will take another look at Namus today. Maybe my iPad (ancient) is too old...

Not new-he is my 7 year old Frenchie, named “Kevin”. I decided that my last avatar was only suitable for the winter!

Strange that Namus no longer includes so much of the information that would bring a person to the site in the first place, right?

...beautiful dog... Kevin looks just adorbs!

(Happy puppy emoji)

Thinking about our friend, Sylvia Lwowski this week.

Some very cold cases do get resolved and I am always amazed, by that. But many do not.

As to why her friends did not come forward, maybe someone knows what happened... Fiancé, someone at Wagner, pool party...

I wish we had a little more information about the cold case investigation... Like who was interviewed, in 2010?

We've mined just about every speculation in Sylvia's threads.

Coming up on 43 years missing. That is a long, long time, and my thoughts go out to her family and girlfriend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back