NY NY - Tina Foglia, 19, West Islip, 1 Feb 1982

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by dotr, Jun 21, 2017.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...old-case-murder-of-brentwood-woman-1.13750287

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://pix11.com/2017/01/28/teens-1...has-eerie-parallels-to-li-serial-killer-case/

4. leep

leep Member

It seems like a lot of trouble to go to dismember a girl you have no link to and he just meet her at the night club night, so I wonder because of that was he known to her and was scared he would be linked to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. scriptgirl

scriptgirl Active Member

that part about her friend not wanting to open old wounds-I bet my ass she knows something.

6. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

7. TMAN2014

TMAN2014 Active Member

I might be wrong, but I would think the average person would not go through the trouble of dismembering someone. You must be talking about a real psychopath, or someone intelligent (a doctor, butcher?), who has experience in the human body.

I would think an older male, but not too old, if you are going to a Twisted Sister concert, so possibly 30-35. How did she get to the concert? Did she go alone and needed a ride?

8. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

The band that played the night Tina went to the club, was " Equinox" from Queens.

One thing that occurred to me was that Tina was 5'2', and weighed 185 pounds, which makes me wonder if the person who murdered her dismembered and put her in several bags because it was easier to carry and dispose of her body. Perhaps the killer was not a strong person?
    Tina was known to hitchhike and go to a number of different clubs, especially in the towns of Islip and Babylon.

The cuts made with surgical precision are concerning..
    Wondering if there could be any connections with a nanny from Sweden who sawed off upper body was found in a dumpster, also after leaving a popular nightclub in 1996.
    speculation, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?18885-MA-Karina-Holmer-20-Boston-21-June-1996&highlight=Karina+Holmer
    MA - Karina Holmer, 20, Boston, 21 June 1996

9. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

The part of the news story about her meeting a doctor is unsettling. A doctor who used to hang out at Hammerheads. She said he had taken her out a couple of times and she really liked him.

Hopefully people who used to hang out at Hammerheads will remember something about this doctor or anything at all about Tina.

Her body wasn't found too far from Hammerheads and her own home town. Maybe the killer lived in the area, too.

10. Friday13

Friday13 New Member

If this "doctor" took her out a few times and she was meeting up with him, she had to have confided to someone about this person - his name, his age, where he's from, what he looked like. When my girlfriends and I were that age, we told each other everything!! And, at 19, I think you're still young enough to be a bit naive, and that makes me wonder if this guy really was, in fact, a doctor or if he just had her believing that.

11. Super Sleuth

Super Sleuth Armchair Detective

Doctor Peter Hackett?

12. sleuther347

sleuther347 Former Member

There was a POI we found in Suffolk not far from Bissett that was posting some pretty enticing ads soliciting women online. We already crossed checked his craigslist ads with his Backpage ads and found the email to be linked directly to the POI. Anyway, there are a ton of these ads, all being renewed daily. These are just from craigslist where the poi says he's a "people person" with his "Doctorate" (A lie) likely to win trust with the females. He's also had a pretty violent history with kidnapping, breaking and entering, assault, extortion, pimping women, and Long Island (he's a native). Oh, and he currently he teaches kids karate. Again all speculative for now, but this rabbit hole goes deep!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/search/lgi/m4w?query=fwb+slim+doctorate

13. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

July 14 2017
    Lengthy article with video.
    http://pix11.com/2017/07/14/male-dn...d-teen-left-in-3-bags-on-long-island-parkway/