Identified! NY - Titicus Reservoir, North Salem, White Male, Jun'93 - Andrew Bookless

I don't know if this guy would have had access to a computer. But what it looks like to me is two old photos scanned into a computer and then photoshopped together with the man/boy having been cut out and pasted on top of the background. If it is, then it is probably some kind of clue, but I don't know what. Fav person and fav place- what he wanted to remember. Or this person did something to me and here is where it happened... I don't know which.

Whoa, mysterie. Now that's a thought. It could be. There gotta be something to that photograph and I want to know what.

I couldnt stop thinking about this last night in bed, I had been following the unidentified thread about him, I kept thinking they must have cropped the pic on the Doe network, because and I am emabarresed to say I didnt notice the Missing LEGS LOL, but everything from the Doe network is now GONE, all pics and everything but on this link I found it and apparently it wasnt cropped when I saw it I guess I was too concered with looking in the background for clues.

But in this newspaper article its says "IT appears someone took a picture of these two standing in the backyard" I guess they didnt notice the man is just floating there with with no legs....or that he is buried up to his waist.....I dont think they had photoshop back in 1993 with the guy was found dead.

http://www.berkshireeagle.com/ci_8017674?source%253Dmost_viewed.20F88DA3D7D369F5BB70F372987EAE1F.html

This photograph is driving me batty. Granted I'm already out there, but this is haunting to me. Besides the fact somebody in Boston "collects utility poles". Anyway, the man's left hand is kind of creepy to me. He's like pointing. Then what is in his other hand besides the child? Is it a toy like a plush toy? I want to know why this man had this picture with him. I know. I know. What's the point, but considering the older man obviously is floating makes me wonder.

I think his hands look kind of crippled to me, maybe arthritis or something. Both of them look like that to me. I was looking a huge enlargement if you click on the photo in the link above that I provided it makes the picture very large.

In that it doesn't look like he is holding anything else to me IMO.

This picture would be easy to do in this day and age, but in 1993 or before I dont think it would have been so easy. Plus it was probably taken in the 50's it's a Black and white.
AND LOL WHO collects telephone poles I found that weird too.

I wonder if he's family could answer some questions about the picture.

Or maybe someone can email the reporter that did the story for the paper and ask about the "floating or sinking man"

Or maybe someone can email the reporter that did the story for the paper and ask about the "floating or sinking man"
This is what I see: The negative has been damaged along the bottom edge of the photo. The completely white areas look like snow, but if you compare them to the snow behind, you can see the difference. The white along the bottom edge is not the ground.

AND LOL WHO collects telephone poles I found that weird too_Or maybe someone can email the reporter that did the story for the paper and ask about the "floating or sinking man"
Now I am tempted to e-mail the reporter for two reasons. Please, tell me a little more about teley pole collecting and for my own sanity can ya find out why the man had this picture on his person?

I think this man may be holding a ring net crab (or fish or crayfish) trap that obscures the bottom part of his body. You can see the thin metal handle of it going across his left hand and again across the boy's pants leg where it disappears in the glare of the sun. He's also holding some kind of thick hook in his left hand that also seems to be grasping the netting and some kind of netting-like material in his right hand.

I hit me maybe he doesnt have legs or a lower body, I know of 2 people that I have seen with this, I have seen a lady named Rose Siggins on tv and they said the woman with half a body. She walks with her hands and uses a skateboard it get around.

I found this out about her she was born with a rare genetic disorder called Sacral Agenesis,

The other man he is on Jerry Springer sometimes he does not have a lower body. He walks on his hands.
here are a couple of links so you can see what it looks like

Rose
http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/misc/rosesiggins.html

Here is Kenny the Wonderboy from Jerry you can really see what it looks like on this one

http://www.jerryspringertv.com/posse/kenny.htm

This man does have legs, as someone said there is something in front of him. I've saved the photo and will go into photoshop now and try to show you what I'm seeing and see if anyone else sees it as well...oddly enough, I know who phenolred is speaking of from the jerry springer show, but if he has one arm around the child and the other in the air, how would he be holding himself up?

I'm a long time lurker so I may need help posting the photo when I'm finished...

Ok, when I saved the photo, the white part on the bottom did not save. I don't believe it to be snow or part of the ground, maybe water damage or a place for the AP to put their name...

Now I circled in red what appears to be a net or maybe a garbage can, follow my circle and you can see the circle in black (not directly in front of the man, it blends in with his clothes)... or as someone said, and I'm sorry, I'm not sure who, it could be some kind of net he is holding. I think it distorts his bottom half...I have severe arthritis, so that could explain his hand. Does anyone else see this, now without the distracting white area? I think the photo and their faces are perfectly normal.

Anyone have any opinions?

Attachments

• old photo.jpg
    old photo.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 147
O.K. Lavender I see what you mean. Because next to the little boys right foot something is glimmering. O.K. However whatever the man is holding in the right hand it's like interweaved through his fingers. Like looks weaved in and out. Thank you for doing all that, Lavender. Now, if we could only know why the man had this photograph with him.

O.K. Lavender I see what you mean. Because next to the little boys right foot something is glimmering. O.K. However whatever the man is holding in the right hand it's like interweaved through his fingers. Like looks weaved in and out. Thank you for doing all that, Lavender. Now, if we could only know why the man had this photograph with him.

you're right Filly, it does look woven through his fingers...i'm sorry the photo isn't bigger, but if you can change your browser size and go about 400% you can see that whatever is in front of him is also a woven type material, like a net or an old metal garbage can. and that's the interesting part, why did he have this photo and only this one if any?

you're right Filly, it does look woven through his fingers...i'm sorry the photo isn't bigger, but if you can change your browser size and go about 400% you can see that whatever is in front of him is also a woven type material, like a net or an old metal garbage can. and that's the interesting part, why did he have this photo and only this one if any?

This is so what I want to know. Oh hi Lavender. Pennsy here too. Philly. I'm not too good with all the browsers and all so I got my trusty magnifying glass. Yes, in front of him I see that gleaming thing. A reflective surface so a garbage can back then perhaps. Why that photograph? I can see having a picture, but usually that's sentimental or when you only have one and only one from childhood. It was important to him. I'm going to do some more searching on this. If all else fails that columnist is getting and e-mail from me. LOL Hope you're having a pain free day, Lavender.

Alright we know this is Andrew's grandfather. He had four siblings. Nobody declared him missing even after years because he did that alot. He'd just go missing. His siblings had him declared dead after his mother passed away. If you have four siblings depending on where he fell in line maybe he didn't have many photographs of himself as a child? Maybe none other with him alone with his beloved grandpop?

This is so what I want to know. Oh hi Lavender. Pennsy here too. Philly. I'm not too good with all the browsers and all so I got my trusty magnifying glass. Yes, in front of him I see that gleaming thing. A reflective surface so a garbage can back then perhaps. Why that photograph? I can see having a picture, but usually that's sentimental or when you only have one and only one from childhood. It was important to him. I'm going to do some more searching on this. If all else fails that columnist is getting and e-mail from me. LOL Hope you're having a pain free day, Lavender.

Hey Filly - I'm near Pottsville. Magnifying glasses work well too!! Here is another copy of the photo and I used my skills a little further to make it bigger and highlight the "object" as I see it. Let me know if you find out anything about the picture, most people would think that the person in the pic must have been special or important but i know someone who's parents both sexually abused them and he still has photos of his parents hanging in his home, why? cuz they're still his mom and dad, so you just never know what people are thinking, especially without knowing the story.

Attachments

• old photo.jpg
    old photo.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 127
Now that's a big picture. Thank you, L. O.K. I just found this. One of Andrew's sisters wants to bring his body home and bury it there. The article goes on to state that Andrew suffered from deep depression. She believes he commited suicide there because at one time the family had a lovely vacation home there. It was a very happy time for them. She still has the shoes her brother wore in that photograph, and she has pictures of herself from that day. His sister is a sail maker. Sounds like he kept the photograph of a good memory from this article. Still I'm wondering what is in his grandfather's hand. It also looks like a bit of motion blur above the hand on the boys coat. I'll keep searching though.http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-libody0201,0,7617298.story

Ok so now I'm thinking the bottom half of the picture is missing maybe ripped years earlier.

I also from this from an article

The snapshot was intact in a glass frame and close to his heart under layers of winter clothing.

The fact the photograph was behind glass and then in all that water is what gets me. When you have photographs behind glass and they get wet they are usually heavily damaged. Heck, just in water they get ruined.

Hey Filly - I'm near Pottsville. Magnifying glasses work well too!! Here is another copy of the photo and I used my skills a little further to make it bigger and highlight the "object" as I see it. Let me know if you find out anything about the picture, most people would think that the person in the pic must have been special or important but i know someone who's parents both sexually abused them and he still has photos of his parents hanging in his home, why? cuz they're still his mom and dad, so you just never know what people are thinking, especially without knowing the story.

Maybe he's holding an Easter basket! It kind of looks like a toy bunny in the same hand holding the child to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back