PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

NY - Twenty Fatality Traffic Crash - Schoharie County - 6 Oct 2018

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Richrd, Oct 7, 2018.

1. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

With each passing day, my heart hurts worse for the families who lost loved ones in this gross tragedy.

The more information that comes out regarding the owner, and the little we have heard on the sons, it is sickening to accept and realize that such evil people exist!

The frightening part is will anyone be held accountable?

teedie2, borndem, cass523 and 6 others like this.
  2. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Agree. That, and only one person who would probably need toxicology and other results before the autopsy is complete.

3. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

His initial charge is just one charge vs. 20.

And this lawyer is the son of the person that prosecuted the father.

So I think something smells in Denmark and no, I don't think Justice is going to be done in this. There are things I don't think will be coming out that should?

4. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

The defense attorney is the son of the father's defense attorney, if I recall correctly.

In a 2001 you would still have to "manually shift" the automatic into each gear. Just without pressing in the clutch. It would definitely be unpleasant and nerve wracking, but doable. Would certainly wreck the transmission.

In the newer automatic vehicles you just shift into drive and then there is a button to move through the gears. That would be far less nerve wracking to do, though also a bit less drastic and effective. It wouldn't damage the vehicle nearly as much, if at all.

LaborDayRN and dixiegirl1035 like this.
  5. alibrarian

alibrarian Active Member

The first responders received a standing ovation from members of the community.

Community gathers to thank first responders after limo crash

Recognition for the first responders, very nice to see this among the other horrible reports. It hasn't even been a week and there have been so many awful revelations related to the company, owners, and vehicle.

CocoChanel, Tripod, 8paws and 7 others like this.
  6. alibrarian

alibrarian Active Member

Story on Brian Hough and James Schnurr, the two men in the parking lot of the Apple Barrel.

Oswego prof, family enroute to wedding, stopped at store when limo crash killed 2 in family

After first reports this tragedy involved a wedding party in the limo, the bystanders, Mr. Hough and Mr, Schnurr, were on their way to a wedding with their family.

"The two men were standing near the vehicle with Brian's wife, Jackie Schnurr, when the limo hit, JT Hough said. The two men were hit. The other family members weren't near the vehicle."

Tripod, sorrell skye, 8paws and 9 others like this.
  7. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I can't believe that they gave this guy bail. When the police went to his home, he already had bags packed, in his car, ready to go.

borndem, cass523, windrower and 8 others like this.
  8. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

Released on bail????? what the --------???? he can just take a plane to Beirut and never come back--- that does not make sense to me.

9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Amy's age is listed as 29. The group was out celebrating her 30th birthday, but she never made it to that number.

Sometimes it takes awhile for the emotions of a case to hit me. This one hit when I saw the number 29.

Look how close in age all the sisters were - four of them within five years.

jmo

Tripod, 8paws, cass523 and 12 others like this.
  10. Cryptic

Cryptic Well-Known Member

He probably needed to surrender his passport.

This would make international travel difficult, but as you implied, by no means impossible. This is especially true as he might be a dual citizen and can obtain both US and Pakistani passports.

11. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Yes he had to surrender his US passport and Pakistani passport if he has one. But considering his dad is an old pro at fake IDs, I wouldn't be surprised if the son was able to flee the country in one way or another.

12. Inthedetails

Would the correct license have prevented the accident in an unsafe vehicle on an unsafe road?

jmo

enchilada, TRB, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  13. Cryptic

I agree completely.

The totality of the circumstances, including his father's uhmm..."expertise" as you pointed out and the fact that Pakistani consulate staff or government officials in Pakistan are probably willing "quickly facilitate" issuing a new passport (provided the "special fees" are paid in advance) make him a high flight risk.

Tripod, cass523, Mica and 4 others like this.
  14. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

Considering his dad’s history, I’m betting the son has multiple passports and will be out of the country before the end of the week, if not sooner. Justice is ridiculous!!! Bail for killing 20 people????

Wonder if LE are keeping an eye on him or does this only happen on television shows? He should be in jail with no bail!!!

cass523, Mica, SugarQueen and 3 others like this.
  15. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

No, it would not have prevented the accident. It does escalate the pain and agony for the survivors to know that there were so many violations and such wreckless actions that caused so many deaths, for no good reason.

mrsselig, 8paws, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  16. Cryptic

I agree with him getting bail as a concept as he did not murder the twenty people. Rather, they could well have been killed by the totality of the circumstances: driver error, unsafe vehicle and unsafe intersection. I just would have made the bail rather high.

It would not of. The driver, however, paying attention to legal traffic signs, even if they were not comprehensive could well of prevented the accident.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Kittybunny and Inthedetails like this.
  17. Safeguard

Safeguard Well-Known Member

Ever since learning that one person, and one person only, survived the impact and was Air Lifted, (but did not, ultimately survive, sadly), I couldn't help but wonder who that was, (among other questions that kept circling around in my mind like, where was this person sitting? Seatbelt? weight? last person thrown forward perhaps? Why this one, when most others had to be identified using dental records and such!). I was not really surprised to learn who it was though...Something about her pictures stood out to me, as one, who could have possibly been the one, ( another was one of the young men, 31 yr old Matt Coons. ). 26 year old Amanda Halse.

"Karina Halse said Amanda was airlifted to Albany Medical Center before she died."

"That her sister fought until the end was not a surprise to Karina Halse, who described Amanda as “strong-headed.”

“She was really stubborn,” Halse said. “Unfortunately, she didn’t make it, but as soon as I heard she was the one transported I was like, ‘That’s my sister."

Such a shame, so close to a miracle for that family, you could almost taste it, only to have it snatched away...

On the other hand, perhaps she would have had to live with horrible injuries, and the burden of being robbed of her world once full of friends and laughter, and having the burden of reliving that ride in her mind forever.
    Families of 20 people killed in limousine crash left reeling - WXXV 25

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  18. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Authorities charged a limousine company owner's son with criminally negligent homicide Wednesday in connection with the weekend crash in upstate New York that killed 20 people, according to a New York State Police statement.
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo flatly stated this week that the vehicle failed a state inspection, meaning it shouldn't have been in service, and that the driver did not have a proper license to operate the vehicle. Kindlon says neither claim is true.
    Lisinicchia, who worked for Prestige as needed, had been with the company for years, the attorney said, and was a "very reliable employee and a great driver."
    The driver's brother, Keith Lisinicchia, told CNN affiliate WRGB that Scott Lisinicchia also drove tractor trailers and dump trucks and took his job seriously. He can't see his brother driving without the proper license, he told the station.
    The driver's wife, too, says he was an excellent driver and told CBS that she doesn't understand why there is so much focus on the license "because even if he didn't have the proper license, this still would have happened, and I feel like he still would have got blamed."
    Local, state and federal investigators are still trying to figure out why Lisinicchia plowed the Excursion through a stop sign and into a parked SUV on Saturday.
    Limo company owner's son pleads not guilty to charge in connection with deadly New York crash - CNN

sorrell skye and 8paws like this.
  19. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

The operator of the company involved in the deadly limousine crash that killed 20 people in New York State is free on bail after pleading not guilty Wednesday to a single count of criminally negligent homicide. Twenty-eight-year-old Nauman Hussain could face more charges.
    Since Saturday's crash, questions have swirled around Prestige Limo and its record of safety and illegal licensing. Hussain's father, who owns the company, is out of the country and has not been charged with a crime.
    The limo driver in the crash, Scott Lisinicchia was reportedly stopped in August for not having a proper license to drive the limo. But Lisinicchia's widow told "CBS This Morning" her husband was a careful driver.
    Limo company operator arrested on homicide charges had past run-in with law

sorrell skye likes this.
  20. Inthedetails

I see no reason to disparage the widow. She is suffering too. She is not responsible for the tragedy and is a victim of all this as well.

jmo