NY NY - Vincent Durso, 75, Bronx, 20 April 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://wcbstv.com/local/missing.man.vincent.2.1696179.html

May 15, 2010 2:13 pm US/Eastern
Family, Friends Search For Missing NYC Grandfather

BRONX (CBS) ― Vincent Durso, 75, went missing on April 20, 2010, in his Morrisania neighborhood and has not been heard from since.

Desperation is growing by the day for the family of a Bronx man who has been missing for nearly a month. On Saturday his family organized a huge search party and flooded the area looking for him.

durso.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...d-death-grandson-bronx-cops-article-1.2062807

An 87-year-old woman was found bludgeoned to death after her emotionally disturbed grandson barricaded himself in her home New Year’s morning, police said. The bipolar 48-year-old grandson went berserk in his grandmother’s house on Hollywood Ave. near Randall Ave. in Throggs Neck about 7:20 a.m., throwing a chair, two pillows, a small table and other objects out of the home...

His 67-year-old mother had a left arm injury, possibly a fracture, officials said. His 55-year-old stepfather suffered head trauma, and the 56-year-old home health aide had a cut to the right side of her face...

Durso’s husband made headlines when he went missing four years ago — and was never found.

You'll never guess who just moved to the top of my list of suspects in Mr. Durso's disappearance (which is a very short list, actually, as I haven't followed the case).

Bumping case up for Vincent and his family, as I just came upon it.

The post above this one, oh my...

Vincent Durso – The Charley Project

vincent_durso_2.jpg vincent_durso_1.jpg
Vincent Durso, circa 2010

Distinguishing Characteristics
Caucasian male. White hair, blue eyes. Durso may wear a toupee. He has a scar in the center of his chest.

Details of Disappearance
Durso was last seen in the vicinity of Crotona Park in the New York City borough of the Bronx at 8:30 p.m. on April 20, 2010. He had played tennis in the park that day. Later, he dropped off his wife's home health aide at east 166th Street and Boston Road. He has never been heard from again.

On April 24, his black 1997 Honda Accord was found legally parked at Crotona Park East and Suburban Place. There were no suspicious fingerprints in the interior, and no sign of Durso at the scene.

Durso and his wife had lived on Hollywood Avenue since 1968. He belonged to two tennis clubs and was an elder at Fort Schuyler Presbyterian Church. He owned several properties he rented out, and he collected rents in the evening.
He may have planned to go to one of his buildings on Third Avenue or White Plains Road after he dropped off the home health aide, but in that case it would be uncharacteristic of him to leave his car where it was found.

The circumstances of Durso's case are unclear. His disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
New York Police Department
718-822-5414
212-694-7781

Where could he possibly be?

Bumping up case.
I couldn't find any MSM articles from the last year except for a tabloid-style that I was locked out of and a blog that gave a little more information.
He's still listed in NamUs.

NamUs says he was last seen at the park, although it sounds like he was last seen dropping off the health aide, IMO.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mr Durso was last seen inside Crotona Park on April 20, 2010. He frequented the park, played tennis there, and knows the area well

Says he had a VP shunt, which is interesting but probably not relevant.

I can't help but wonder if there was an unhappy tenant at one of his properties.

Any theories on why his vehicle was illegally parked?
My theory is that someone wanted to distance the vehicle from where he parked it. Maybe someone who lived at/near where he parked it.

NamUs says he was last seen at the park, although it sounds like he was last seen dropping off the health aide, IMO.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mr Durso was last seen inside Crotona Park on April 20, 2010. He frequented the park, played tennis there, and knows the area well

Says he had a VP shunt, which is interesting but probably not relevant.

I can't help but wonder if there was an unhappy tenant at one of his properties.

Any theories on why his vehicle was illegally parked?
My theory is that someone wanted to distance the vehicle from where he parked it. Maybe someone who lived at/near where he parked it.
For what it's worth, the Details of Disappearance say his car was legally parked.

Not sure what difference that makes since anyone, including Vincent himself, could've legally parked it there. But I guess an illegal parking would indicate the person was in a rush?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back