GUILTY NZ - Nia Glassie, 3, tortured & beaten to death, Rotorua, 3 Aug 2007

I shouldn't have looked at her picture - what a beautiful little girl. Just think of a child this age, they are so adorable! Smiles and giggles usually the norm from the child and from anyone seeing them. Torture of any kind is so foreign to me, I even have trouble placing poison out for rodents. But on any human being - let alone a child calls for drastic punishment. I can't even wish torture back to these sickos but certainly confinement for life. Anyone who could do this, will not be rehabilitated. Letting this woman care for or even visit her child is wrong. Lock the whole bunch up!:mad:

I shouldn't have looked at her picture - what a beautiful little girl. Just think of a child this age, they are so adorable! Smiles and giggles usually the norm from the child and from anyone seeing them. Torture of any kind is so foreign to me, I even have trouble placing poison out for rodents. But on any human being - let alone a child calls for drastic punishment. I can't even wish torture back to these sickos but certainly confinement for life. Anyone who could do this, will not be rehabilitated. Letting this woman care for or even visit her child is wrong. Lock the whole bunch up!:mad:

100% agree :clap: :clap: :clap: with the whole lot. shes an absolute sweetheart!

p.s. noticed the mother and boyf started dating when he was 15...thats a little :sick:

I noticed that too and was a little alarmed.

At least mum could take her mind off it by a night out clubbing!!!!!!!!

Defendants face angry Rotorua protesters

More than 60 people packed the public gallery of the court's largest courtroom to see the four accused - Nia's cousin Michael Paul Pearson, 19; her stepfather's father, William Curtis, 48; William's son Michael William Curtis, 21; and Michael Curtis' partner, Oriwa Terrina Kemp, 17.

The four entered no plea and were remanded in custody until August 8 for a bail hearing.

The fifth accused, Nia's stepfather, Wiremu Curtis, 17, is due in the district court on Monday.

Kemp cried throughout the proceedings, while William Curtis, who faces the most serious charge of abusing Nia between March and July, attempted to placate her. Michael Curtis had a black eye.

All women to be questioned about abuse when go to hospital

It comes after a day of mounting anger over the latest two youngsters to be put in hospital by their families, and frustration over the lack of solutions.

Rotorua 3-year-old Nia Glassie remained in Starship hospital's high dependence unit last night. It is understood she has been taken off a ventilator and is in a serious but stable condition.

Whilst in hospital women will be asked these three questions to see if she may have been abused:
* Has anybody hurt or threatened you?
* Have you ever felt controlled or always criticised?
* Have you been asked to do anything sexual that you didn't wat to do?

A woman who answers "yes" to any of the first three questions is then asked a series of further questions including whether she has children at home and whether she is pregnant.

This little girl needs your thoughts, she's not doing well.

Fears for life as 3-year-old Nia put back on ventilator

Nia Glassie has been put back on a ventilator and remains in a coma.

"She's not in a good way," Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Loper said last night. "She's not getting any better."

"She remains profoundly comatose and dependent on a ventilator."

Five people have been arrested and charged with assault. One is also facing a more serious charge of injuring with intent to cause grievous bodily harm over the four months to July 1.

WTH! That poor baby! This makes me want to throw up. Has child torture become some kind of spectator sport in America?

if the neighbors knew what was goin gon...why didnt they report it? geesh it takes the baby girl being put in hospital before they come forward.

WTH! That poor baby! This makes me want to throw up. Has child torture become some kind of spectator sport in America?

Probably in some circles but this little girl is in New Zealand.

This case makes me sick. I am so angry that adults can even think of treating a 3 year old this way!!

This little girl needs your thoughts, she's not doing well.

Fears for life as 3-year-old Nia put back on ventilator

Nia Glassie has been put back on a ventilator and remains in a coma.

"She's not in a good way," Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Loper said last night. "She's not getting any better."

"She remains profoundly comatose and dependent on a ventilator."

Five people have been arrested and charged with assault. One is also facing a more serious charge of injuring with intent to cause grievous bodily harm over the four months to July 1.

Lighting and candle and praying for her now.

Rest in peace little angel Nia.

WHY, WHY, WHY is the mother not charged with anything? This part upsets me. She had to have known. There were reports that she had burns on her head and feet from being put in the fireplace? :mad: She HAS to have some charges brought against her!!!!!!!!!!

I hope she will have charges before it's over. This is so wrong!

Rest in our Lord's arms baby girl Nia. :angel: No one will ever hurt you again.

I'm just so damn mad that cases of adults hurting and killing children are happening almost daily. :furious:

Something has got to be done.

Do people not value the life of a child?

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I hope the mother is charged and rest of them rot in jail, then hell. :furious:

I have put off looking at this thread and almost wish I never had.

I am horrified!!

Thank God this child is no longer suffering and I hope the New Zealand justice system is smart enough to get these vile creatures off the streets. Give em all a shortcut to Hell as far as I'm concerned ("MOM" included)!!

This poor beautiful little girl, at least she is not suffering now and is so happy to be in heaven right now. No pain, no suffering, no living the rest of her life paralyzed and brain damaged. I hope these people get just what they deserve. Oh their afraid to show their faces because someone might hurt them, I feel so sorry for them, not:furious: I hope her little face haunts them everytime they close their eyes. They don't deserve to breath air, hope they get the death penalty!

Does anyone know if they have DP in New Zealand?

Does anyone know if they have DP in New Zealand?

I don't know, but they should specifically for the people!!!! And for the life of me, I still don't get why this mom is still roaming free. AND she was caring for Nia while she was in the hospital. :behindbar

I know. It makes me sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back