NZ - Two Children's Remains Found in Suitcases Bought at Auction - Auckland *Mother Arrested*

Also I think the neighbours said that 3 coffins were removed?
there would be the other stuff in the suitcases which may have to be assessed at morque, before being assigned to their skeleton , or to an evidence bag . So a third coffin to carry material to the morque, for later decision making , or preservation.

A forensic scientist says examining the bones of two children found hidden in suitcases could reveal details of how they were treated during their young lives and what happened to them.

What an horrendous find. I feel very sorry for this sweet little ones. Sure LE knows a lot more. There are a lot of missing (related) children taken abroad by a father or mother against custody orders. Don't ask me how exactly they pull this off, but they do obviously. I hope LE will find the person or persons who did this.

Seems like even substandard bookkeeping by the storage facility should be able to easily solve this. Surely there aren't storage facilities in New Zealand still taking cash.
It made me wonder which employees/owners are in charge of that, and if it possibly was let slide or was merely undetected? Jmo did the people who rented it pay in advance to cover several years and then book it out of the country asap? Just questions bouncing around. Jmo

"Bodies of two young children found in a suitcase in New Zealand were likely there for YEARS before horrified family unwittingly bought the luggage at an abandoned storage unit sale."

I can't imagine the horror even must for the folks who purchased the unit. We have watched Storage Wars. Imagine fingers crossed hoping treasures or just stuff that could also be sold will be inside , and unzipping the suitcases.. omg

I can't imagine the horror even must for the folks who purchased the unit. We have watched Storage Wars. Imagine fingers crossed hoping treasures or just stuff that could also be sold will be inside , and unzipping the suitcases.. omg
But the children will be buried at last.
Justice will be coming on their behalf.

Finally.

RIP little ones :(

Last edited:
there would be the other stuff in the suitcases which may have to be assessed at morque, before being assigned to their skeleton , or to an evidence bag . So a third coffin to carry material to the morque, for later decision making , or preservation.
Thanks, I never thought of that. Awful thought I had was it was the children's mother. I hope not. Jmo

"Inside the baffling mystery of two little kids found dead in suitcases by a family who bought an abandoned storage unit:​

Who were they, how long were they there - and where are mum and dad?"​

Last edited:
Human remains were in storage unit sold at auction. How could it happen?

“It sounds like, in this instance, the original storer either abandoned [the unit] or had fallen into arrears and it meant the facility took steps to clear the unit.”
Putting a storage unit’s contents up for auction is a lengthy process, according to Grant – it often involves lawyers and making a reasonable effort to resolve the issue with the former owner.
If there are problems contacting the unit’s owner, the process could take up to six months.
Once it’s decided a unit’s contents will be disposed of, the storage unit company would usually determine their value, Grant said.
“Most of the time it’s junk and we pay for someone to take it away.”
If a unit is thought to contain items of significant value, a storage company might hire an independent assessor to determine the worth.

When a unit’s contents are auctioned, buyers aren’t given much to go on. Grant said her company will only take photos of the unit and put them onto online sites like Trade Me.
Some auctions are held in person, but prospective buyers are only allowed to peer into the space, not rummage through the items.
“We’re not looking to make a profit off people’s stuff. We want the items gone, so we have more space to rent out,” she said.
Grant pointed out when a unit is sold for auction, the first portion of money allocated will be used to pay off any outstanding debt on the unit.
Any profit from the auction has to be returned to the initial client.

When asked if the person renting the unit where human remains were stored could have made money from the auction, Grant said: “It’s an unusual circumstance and any police investigation would halt that process.”

I don't think any person who would keep bodies in a storage unit, would willingly lose possession of them, unless something had happened to them.
Maybe they thought there was nothing connecting them to the bodies. In that case I could see someone just leaving their "stuff" there.

Maybe they got a years long headstart by leaving the country.
Maybe they've died.

Maybe they couldn't afford the storage fees, but you'd think they'd do something to retrieve their "goods" if they thought there was a chance it could lead back to them.

I have a feeling that LE know who the children are.

Sometimes when we hear about found bodies, and then learn who they are/were, we can console ourselves a bit if they were evil, nasty, criminal or whatever. But 2 children - there can be no possible reason or excuse to kill them. It is heartbreaking.

A disturbing case in New Zealand. Two deceased children found in suitcases that were purchased in an auction of abandoned goods. Children revealed to be of primary school age.

Presser in above article. The children have not yet been identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back