Off Topic But Just Gotta Ask River Or Maketoast

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Barbara, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Barbara

Barbara New Member

My intention is not to be petty but I find myself getting more and more annoyed.

My recollection is that River had asked all of us posting to please put a disclaimer on all our posts that our statements were personal opinions only. Maxi also had reminded everyone on a few occasions.

This was done to avoid legal problems for the website and for River.

It has been asked numerous and countless times.

Now I have to wonder why there are some posters (3 that I noticed), one of whom has been here quite some time and knows better and has been reminded many times, who refuse to comply with the RULES OF THE FORUM

Even when asked directly, the question and request goes ignored. So I have to ask:

Is this really a forum rule? If so, I have to ask why these same posters who I believe are forum members of *******'s forum, why they are so comfortable breaking the rules here and ignoring the administration and moderator requests when they wouldn't dare do that at their own forum.

If it is not really a rule, then I stand corrected.

Petty? Maybe

But it bothers me enough to ask. It's healthier than seething over it.

2. Loading...

3. Jayelles

Jayelles New Member

They may be following the instruction of their guru. She has made several derogatory comments about the posting of disclaimers.

4. Toltec

Toltec New Member

I thought the SKANK retired???!!!

5. River

River Former Member

Good Questions, Barbara. I don't know who you are referring to, but everyone is supposed to state in their posts that they are expressing their opinion.

That's rather crazy, I know. We are an opinion forum~ so you'd think that this would just be a 'given.' Not so, according to our attorney.

6. maketoast

maketoast Former Member

Barbara-
    I have asked every member who post's on this board who doesn't have an IMO, to please add one. I have sent several messages asking posters to do so. Most agree. As River said, this is an OPINION board..so why not show it? For those of you who do not have one, add one! Thanks-

7. Barbara

Barbara New Member

Bumping this up.

I would like to know why Toth and one or two others seem to feel they are exempt from following the rules set by the administration.

8. gsquared

gsquared New Member

This is a test of the emergency singature system

9. BlueCrab

BlueCrab New Member

And if there is an emergency, hide under the mens' urinal. No one's hit it yet.

JMO

10. River

River Former Member

I'll be inboxing those to REMIND Them to do this. :banghead: