OH - 10 killed including Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019 #2

Actually the post didn't say that, and what I meant was when was the last time they committed a terrorist act, unlike Antifa who commits terrorism often. It's time to take all terrorism seriously and we need consider actions to be more important than words. This isn't the 1960s, we have new monsters, and they need to be taken seriously.

Would you please provide an MSM source regarding a terrorist attack confirmed to be carried out by Antifa? I'm not familiar with these attacks.

Charles Beard, namesake of the Dayton killer's friend survivor Charles Beard, was a famous US historian.

Mary Beard was his wife, but also a historian and feminism and suffragette pioneer.

She knew "Anarcho-Communist" Peter Kropotkin from her education in London. Antifa roots go way back, and you could say some iterations resorted to anarchy.

Charles Beard, namesake of the Dayton killer's friend survivor Charles Beard, was a famous US historian.

Mary Beard was his wife, but also a historian and feminism and suffragette pioneer.

She knew "Anarcho-Communist" Peter Kropotkin from her education in London. Antifa roots go way back, and you could say some iterations resorted to anarchy.

Do you have a link for that? TIA

If you search hard enough you will find studies that pertain to both sexes.
I have my undergraduate degree in Child Psychology as well, and there are plenty of studies.
Are you sure you are looking at Psychological Journals? Maybe you just aren't looking in the right place.
Most notably Freud had an awful lot to say about father-daughter relationships, but theorists have had many opinions and have come a long way since then.

Well, this was the 90s and I couldn't afford Internet, so it's possible I missed a lot of research. Do you remember some of what the studies concluded as a whole?

I also found this link, which looked germane:

http://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=167327

The Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency reports that the most reliable indicator of violent crime in a community is the proportion of fatherless families. Fathers typically offer economic stability, a role model for boys, greater household security, and reduced stress for mothers. This is especially true for families with adolescent boys, the most crime-prone cohort. Children from single-parent families are more prone than children from two-parent families to use drugs, be gang members, be expelled from school, be committed to reform institutions, and become juvenile murderers. Single parenthood inevitably reduces the amount of time a child has in interaction with someone who is attentive to the child's needs, including the provision of moral guidance and discipline. According to a 1993 Metropolitan Life Survey, "Violence in America's Public Schools," 71 percent of teachers and 90 percent of law enforcement officials state that the lack of parental supervision at home is a major factor that contributes to the violence in schools. Sixty-one percent of elementary students and 76 percent of secondary children agree with this assessment.

Talking about this (men raised by single mothers vs. men raised by nuclear families) is tricky, I know, because it tends to make a lot of assumptions that people hotly contest, such as "women are more emotional and reactive and, even if inadvertently, teach their sons to be thus; as opposed to men who are taught to be all stiff-upper-lip and internalize their feelings"; but I'm risking saying it in this situation because the one thing CB was not doing, was bearing up silently under his issues. He was throwing up reactionary flags all the time, and spent plenty of time "communicating his feelings". He may not have communicated them well; and young men's communicating such antisocial feelings in society may be things that we can work on doing better in future; but he wasn't bearing up silently like a stoic.

Strange you mentioned meth. I was watching a new series today on either ID or OWN, and the first two shows were about meth heads, and how violent they can be, and do the most violent murders imaginable.

In this case though it seems like he wanted to murder people for a very long time.

I still think he took this particular time to carry it out due to following the EP case, and saw how much attention was being given to it.

Jmho
It was stated by a friend that when he knew him in high school and the years after that CB was a daily user of meth and occasionally cocaine. We do not know if he was using in the last year as that friend was not around him then. Hence why i mentioned meth.

It was stated by a friend that when he knew him in high school and the years after that CB was a daily user of meth and occasionally cocaine. We do not know if he was using in the last year as that friend was not around him then. Hence why i mentioned meth.

Well, if he tests positive for meth, that could explain a LOT about his behavior. It will be interesting to find out what he was doing and saying in the weeks and days before the shooting spree. While it's helpful to learn about these killers' behaviors, JMO, there's limited benefit in being able to prevent future mass killings. Our country and contemporary culture is no longer geared towards intelligent, nuanced or comprehensive prevention, but flawed profiling and blunt, broad punishment. One can only assume there isn't sufficient private profit involved, as that seems to be the major driver for anything we do these days.

Last edited:
How could this possibly get worse? Appears CB tried to get more friends to go to their death at his hand. :eek:

Pal reveals how Ohio shooter Connor Betts invited friends to come out to bar where he opened fire | Daily Mail Online

• Connor Betts, 24, gunned down nine people, including his sister, and injured 27, including his best friend, at a bar in Dayton, Ohio, Sunday morning
  • A close friend of Betts - who does not wish to be named - told DailyMail.com that Betts invited 'a lot' of friends to come out with him to the bar that night
  • The friend speculates that Betts may have wanted to kill more of his friends
  • He and Betts hung out every day and were close in high school and said he was not a troubled loner, but 'charming, intelligent and fun'
  • Betts described himself on his Twitter profile as a 'leftist', while his friend said he was politically engaged but not obsessive
  • The shooting occurred Sunday morning just 14 hours after a gunman opened fire on an El Paso, Texas, Walmart, killing 20 and injuring 26 others
Dayton shooter Connor Betts tried to get more friends to join him in town on the night he opened fire in a massacre that left nine dead and 27 injured, DailyMail.com can reveal.

Betts drove to Dayton's Oregon District with one of his best friends and his sister, then shot them both, killing Megan Betts and leaving Charles 'Chace' Beard critically injured. Eight others died in the hail of bullets.

Now DailyMail.com has learned that he also asked 'a lot' of friends to be with him that night.

The disclosure raises the possibility that the mass murderer intended to target many more of his friends that night.

But the friend who spoke to DailyMail.com could offer no reason for why Betts would kill his family and friends, or even strangers.
So, if he invited friends to the bar that night, I think it's a rather safe assumption that he intended to shoot his own sister and companion.

Not sure how that all fits with politics, etc. Seems like this was anger against people in his own life, just like the list he made in high school was about people he actually knew.

jmo

So, if he invited friends to the bar that night, I think it's a rather safe assumption that he intended to shoot his own sister and companion.

Not sure how that all fits with politics, etc. Seems like this was anger against people in his own life, just like the list he made in high school was about people he actually knew.

jmo

IMO the twitter account just fueled his hatred in general. Twitter is toxic

IMO the twitter account just fueled his hatred in general. Twitter is toxic
But he killed people he knew personally, invited people he knew personally (assuming with the intention of shooting them), and made a hit list of people he knew personally.

I think this particular shooting was personal for him.

jmopinion

Well, this was the 90s and I couldn't afford Internet, so it's possible I missed a lot of research. Do you remember some of what the studies concluded as a whole?

I also found this link, which looked germane:

http://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=167327

Talking about this (men raised by single mothers vs. men raised by nuclear families) is tricky, I know, because it tends to make a lot of assumptions that people hotly contest, such as "women are more emotional and reactive and, even if inadvertently, teach their sons to be thus; as opposed to men who are taught to be all stiff-upper-lip and internalize their feelings"; but I'm risking saying it in this situation because the one thing CB was not doing, was bearing up silently under his issues. He was throwing up reactionary flags all the time, and spent plenty of time "communicating his feelings". He may not have communicated them well; and young men's communicating such antisocial feelings in society may be things that we can work on doing better in future; but he wasn't bearing up silently like a stoic.
Yeah, most of the research we did at school was done in the library, since we were not allowed to take out any medical journals.
I will look around and see if I can find research that is specific to girls.

I would love for police to release more information about what the friend said CB was like that night, why he left him and the sister, and what the text messages said during the time they were apart.

An armed man with body armor was detained at a Missouri Walmart
Another gunman at a Walmart, he had an assault rifle, 100 rounds of ammo, body armor, and latex gloves on. He was held off by an off duty police officer until LE arrived.
I'm genuinely reconsidering going to Walmart today.

Very scary! He was stopped by an off-duty fireman. That man is a hero. He likely prevented what could have been another nightmare scenario.

Police officially release identity of heavily armed man arrested for "chaotic" scene at Springfield Walmart Neighborhood Market

Dmitriy N. Andreychenko, age 20

Police say the man walked into the store with tactical weapons, wearing body armor. Witnesses say he grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone.

The store manager pulled a fire alarm, urging people to escape the store.

Yeah, most of the research we did at school was done in the library, since we were not allowed to take out any medical journals.
I will look around and see if I can find research that is specific to girls.
Just wanted to add that the "Journal of Adolescent Psychology" is a good place to start. Look for father absence, effects on girls, children, or males. Lots of research in that area.

Wasn't the father of this shooter involved, though?
I still haven't seen that he wasn't, but I know in many cases they weren't.

Unless you are referring to the studies that said that fatherless homes were the most common factor is among all the mass shooters. That was the one that was outdated and the statistics were wrong, where the author wrote an article of apology in Crisis Magazine.

I've posted a lot about studies so I'm not sure which one I'm even replying to.
I'm pretty sure you are talking about the studies of males verses females.
Also wanted to point out that some of the research is on children in general, but once you read the article you can find out if they differentiate. Usually they find differences between the two sexes.
One obvious difference is girls were more likely to get pregnant before the age of 16. (Yikes! Scary) Imo

I dont think it's normal to write the kinds of things he did but unless you read it closely you might not think twice about it.

Teenagers and young adults love to play the edgy rebel. From the leader jacket/blue jean clad motorcycle rider in the 50s, through the hippies in the 60, to the 90s grunge scene, exploring alternative lifestyles and values is part of developing an adult identity. So, yes, EB musings are little extreme but not much beyond some hard core punk/goth views.

But how in the world can you go from normal clothes in a bar with your friends acting calmly to shooting the bar up.

Because EB has been thinking about this for a long time. So, most likely thinking about El Paso, he decided to just do it that night. He ordered his AR-15 and modified it for reason

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back