OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
About one of the victims:

//“Nicholas Cumer was a graduate student in the Master of Cancer Care program and had completed his undergraduate work with us as an Exercise Physiology major. He had been in Dayton as part of his internship program with the Maple Tree Cancer Alliance...Nicholas was dedicated to caring for others. He was recognized at the 2019 Community Engagement Awards among students who had completed 100+ hours of service.”//

Another victim was a nursing student.

Every victim is a tragedy, but it really hurts my heart to lose the carers.

:( :(

No words.

In high school, Betts may have been suspended for drawing up a hit list on the bathroom wall, according to WCPO-TV. Chris Baker, the former principal, told the Journal-News, “I would not dispute that information, but I don’t want to get involved any more than just making that comment.”

Basically this principal confirmed it was true this dude had a hit list for his high school.

I believe the principal’s statement, which I have bolded above give us a good indication that something was seriously wrong with CB. What high school kid would not know that being in possession of a “hit list” could be a serious offense. However, putting it on the bathroom wall in his school, a public building, would definitely cause him lots of trouble. Why was he suspended from school, and then let back in? Did his parents seek any medical help for him?

I just sit and shake my head as to how parents don’t take such matters serious.

Re: where he kept his gun if he rode with his sister

I don't know if it's been reported yet what time CB arrived in Dayton with his sister and companion but other reports say they separated. I used to live in Beavercreek and Bellbrook is only about 20 minutes from Dayton - maybe less depending on how fast you drive down the interstate - so it is possible that he was the driver that night. Hopefully the companion can shed some light on what transpired earlier that evening - an argument perhaps? - and after they separated, CB got back in the car, drove home, grabbed his gear, and headed back. His sister wasn't at Ned Peppers but another establishment. I wonder if he called his sister or her companion to find out her exact whereabouts because what are the odds out of all the establishments, he happened to wander into the exact one where she was at?

This is a screen shot of the scene that was shown at the presser. Note the box to the left is where it was said the first victim was shot. The chief said the first victim was the sister and then the companion. So the sister was not at Ned Peppers. If you look up this area on google maps the 1st square if outside of a tatto club and Blind Bobs which is also a bar. So sister was likely at one of those two establishments or at least outside of it.

The rest of the victims are shot outside of the bar area surrounding the Ned Peppers bar on 5th St.

I believe the principal’s statement, which I have bolded above give us a good indication that something was seriously wrong with CB. What high school kid would not know that being in possession of a “hit list” could be a serious offense. However, putting it on the bathroom wall in his school, a public building, would definitely cause him lots of trouble. Why was he suspended from school, and then let back in? Did his parents seek any medical help for him?

I just sit and shake my head as to how parents don’t take such matters serious.

How do you know they didn't take the matters seriously?
What's to say that they weren't 'fooled' by his improvements after therapy?

Would it be that easy to shut (a site) down, being he owned it?
That's a start!
Wishful thinking.
Moo
*Not even typing the name.

newer articles are saying the male friend was the
shooter's companion.
All 3 arrived together in same car, registered to shooter's father.
The male companion was also known to CB. I hope he recovers and helps LE to understand what finally triggered this killer.

Several classmates said that CB had previously made a hit list in school, and LE was probably called.

The Latest: Shooter known at bar as friendly trivia player

The man who gunned down nine people in Dayton, Ohio, was known at a local bar as an ever-friendly, happy guy who sometimes came in for a beer or two and was never a troublemaker.

Fellow customer Mike Kern says he sometimes played trivia with the slain shooter, 24-year-old Connor Betts, at Romer's Bar & Grill in Bellbrook, Betts' hometown southeast of Dayton. Kern says Betts often knew answers about current events and pop culture and never discussed violence.

Kern describes Betts as "the nicest kid you could imagine."

The male companion was also known to CB. I hope he recovers and helps LE to understand what finally triggered this killer.

Several classmates said that CB had previously made a hit list in school, and LE was probably called.
I thought the companion (sister’s boyfriend) was dead?

The Latest: Shooter known at bar as friendly trivia player

The man who gunned down nine people in Dayton, Ohio, was known at a local bar as an ever-friendly, happy guy who sometimes came in for a beer or two and was never a troublemaker.

Fellow customer Mike Kern says he sometimes played trivia with the slain shooter, 24-year-old Connor Betts, at Romer's Bar & Grill in Bellbrook, Betts' hometown southeast of Dayton. Kern says Betts often knew answers about current events and pop culture and never discussed violence.

Kern describes Betts as "the nicest kid you could imagine."
So, he killed his sister, someone he knew (the companion), and then shot up a bar where people like him.

Why!?!

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads