OH - Addalynn George, 1 month, found buried, Riverside, 11 Feb 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by JerseyGirl, Feb 13, 2018.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

2. Loading...

3. 4SAM

4SAM Kentucky - Texas - Kansas - Missouri

:gaah:

4. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

5. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/ne...nd-riverside-backyard/noftgJznP49E4yYZ0FU1QN/

I'm confused. So they were able to identify the baby's name and DOB without a birth certificate, but they are talking to a couple who they "believe" are the baby's parents? Also, how are the parents not in custody? smh.

6. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

7. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

The reporters couldn't find a birth certificate in that county but LE may know of a birth certificate in another county. Neighbors say they moved in about 6 months ago but it's possible Annalynn was born in another county.

Kettering police received the call and Kettering is in both Montgomery and Green counties. Maybe her birth is recorded in Green County.

8. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

9. bears10

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if they know all of this info about the baby, they obviously know info about the parents. I am confused why they have not yet arrested the parents.

10. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

They're still interviewing witnesses. It takes time to get to the facts IMO. They could be getting conflicting accounts from the parents or other witnesses.

11. flourish

flourish Everything Now

Still gathering evidence? Perhaps they have to wait for tests to determine cause of death before knowing if a murder charge is appropriate or if it's more of a not reporting a death or illegal corpse burial or whatever? curious

12. bears10

Can LE charge them with abuse of a corpse for now and then add charges later if necessary?

13. flourish

flourish Everything Now

If they feel they have enough evidence I'm sure they could. We see addition charges added all the time. This one is very curious.

14. bears10

I mean, I get what everyone is saying. I guess I am thinking with my heart and not my head. I know LE needs to make sure they have enough to hold the parents. But unless the parents had reported the baby missing, I can't imagine what kind of excuse they could be giving LE. Unless they are giving some Zanny the Nanny type story.

SugarQueen likes this.
  15. flourish

flourish Everything Now

I used to live in an area that is like.... How to say... Hippies? And granola like.. . I could totally see someone who really values privacy and.... Like.. nature doing a private, off_grid burial. ...idk I knew a family who, when the family patriarch died, took him home in their station wagon and buried him on their property and that was only like 20 years ago.

I do suspect this is not any of the above but those were the scenarios I could come up with.... Such as they are lol.

16. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

17. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

Riverside police believe the parents of Addalynn Marie George buried the child in the backyard after it was stillborn, according to Maj. Adam Colon.

Colon said the baby’s arrival was a “surprise” to the mother and that both parents expressed “remorse and grief.”

Criminal charges, if any, are not decided at this time, Colon said.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...buried-stillborn-baby/ZhECLPjkMIKioilcEAox3I/

18. bears10

Sad that the parents initial reaction was to bury the baby/fetus (idk the proper term in this situation) in their backyard. I wonder if the parents made the anonymous call themselves.

19. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

IDK what to think. I can't imagine not wanting a proper burial for my baby, even if I was surprised by the birth. So they gave her a name, then buried her in the back yard. I wonder if mom shared what happened with a relative and the relative reported it to LE.

20. bears10

It’s not sitting right with me. I know everyone reacts differently to things. It must have been very scary to go into labor when you didn’t even know you were pregnant. I am surprised they didn’t call 911, or rush the mom to the hospital. Or seek medical care afterwards.

21. Tillicum

Tillicum Active Member

Could be they were concerned about drawing attention to themselves. Just as an example - did mom have drugs in her system? Were they undocumented citizens? IMO there had to be a reason they didn't call 911 or seek medical attention. Maybe they are underage runaways? IDK but it's not sitting well with me either.