OH - Addalynn George, 1 month, found buried, Riverside, 11 Feb 2018

It’s not sitting right with me. I know everyone reacts differently to things. It must have been very scary to go into labor when you didn’t even know you were pregnant. I am surprised they didn’t call 911, or rush the mom to the hospital. Or seek medical care afterwards.
Yes indeed. I have a friend who went to the Dr thinking she had appendicitis and left with a very unexpected baby girl. But yeah she went to the Dr! I can't imagine feeling the pain of childbirth and not knowing that's what it was and NOT seeking help? I mean, supposedly the one time I've given birth, I had an "easy labor and delivery" because it was so quick I didn't get an epidural but holy biscuits Batman that hurt!

Unfortunately I had to bury my sweet baby much too soon, and I can't imagine not wanting to properly bury the baby... The way my mind goes, if there's enough to want to bury, then give a proper funeral and internment.

Not to get too graphic, but I've had a miscarriage, too, and it was early in the pregnancy, and I certainly don't want to give the idea I consider this the right way or anything like that but I personally didn't see or feel anything I would consider an actual fetus, so burial wasn't a concern, but if I'd felt differently, I still wouldn't be able to just do it in my backyard.

I used to teach preschool, so I've literally officiated funerals for a bee, a vandalized garden, at least 2 birds, etc.

So I'm gonna have to agree there is more to it than what we know so far. Something wasn't surely being hidden here... Good thoughts on drugs in mom's system perhaps... That seems rather possible.

Whew that was rather verbose!

Could be they were concerned about drawing attention to themselves. Just as an example - did mom have drugs in her system? Were they undocumented citizens? IMO there had to be a reason they didn't call 911 or seek medical attention. Maybe they are underage runaways? IDK but it's not sitting well with me either.

The reason may be that their story isn’t true. JMO. Not trying to be judgmental or accusatory. Just tossing around possibilities. If their narrative is factual, I think drugs could be a likely explanation.

This is sad! How traumatic for the parents to have lost a child, but now especially since they are having to go through this all publicly.

I hope there is a thorough autopsy. With that, the ME should be able to give some answers. By the moms own (FB) admission, though, this was not a stillborn but a live birth that was not able to survive. Perhaps the little one came too early and was very premature? That would tie in with LE saying they were surprised by the birth.

The reason may be that their story isn’t true. JMO. Not trying to be judgmental or accusatory. Just tossing around possibilities. If their narrative is factual, I think drugs could be a likely explanation.

RSBM

The thread title says she was a month old; so, not a still born or a baby who died right after birth.
Wth. ?

Yes indeed. I have a friend who went to the Dr thinking she had appendicitis and left with a very unexpected baby girl. But yeah she went to the Dr! I can't imagine feeling the pain of childbirth and not knowing that's what it was and NOT seeking help? I mean, supposedly the one time I've given birth, I had an "easy labor and delivery" because it was so quick I didn't get an epidural but holy biscuits Batman that hurt!

Unfortunately I had to bury my sweet baby much too soon, and I can't imagine not wanting to properly bury the baby... The way my mind goes, if there's enough to want to bury, then give a proper funeral and internment.

Not to get too graphic, but I've had a miscarriage, too, and it was early in the pregnancy, and I certainly don't want to give the idea I consider this the right way or anything like that but I personally didn't see or feel anything I would consider an actual fetus, so burial wasn't a concern, but if I'd felt differently, I still wouldn't be able to just do it in my backyard.

I used to teach preschool, so I've literally officiated funerals for a bee, a vandalized garden, at least 2 birds, etc.

So I'm gonna have to agree there is more to it than what we know so far. Something wasn't surely being hidden here... Good thoughts on drugs in mom's system perhaps... That seems rather possible.

Whew that was rather verbose!

I’m so sorry for your loss. Thank you for your insight and sharing your experience. I don’t know much about child birth because although I long for a child of my own, it isn’t in the cards for me. Which is probably why something like this makes me think with my heart and not my head.

I feel like if the mom miscarried, the grave would have reflected as much, and no autopsy would have been conducted. Initially, LE was saying infant, and the coroner used the term newborn.

Idk. I can’t even imagine burying my cats in my backyard. I’d take them to the vet to have them cremated. But that’s just me and I know everyone’s different.

I just hope LE is continuing to investigate and not taking the parents word at face value.

Very sad if all of this was just a newborn who passed unexpectedly, and they panicked and buried her.

But what a risky thing to do in this day and age--- of course the authorities are going to have some questions.
If they couldn't afford a casket-- they could've asked for help. Or a pauper's burial and request the public for a small stone marker with a name ?
Idk what the protocols are for each city.
Is it possible some states allow burial on private land ?
Thinking out loud.

This is sad! How traumatic for the parents to have lost a child, but now especially since they are having to go through this all publicly.

I hope there is a thorough autopsy. With that, the ME should be able to give some answers. By the moms own (FB) admission, though, this was not a stillborn but a live birth that was not able to survive. Perhaps the little one came too early and was very premature? That would tie in with LE saying they were surprised by the birth.

Do you have a link for the moms statement or msm with her name? I haven’t seen anything with the parents name which struck me as odd since they publicized the baby’s full name. I also think it’s odd that it was reported earlier today that LE are talking to a couple they “believe” are the baby’s parents. Maybe it was just bad reporting. Maybe there’s more to the story. Idk.

Wait. What? :thinking:

If you have a live birth where the baby becomes ill , or even if the baby is early... you're obligated to call 911 or the hospital .
Hope that made sense.

If the infant passes away before you could make the call -- you don't just go bury your baby.
An autopsy will probably be scheduled by a doctor to determine cause of death.
A good midwife will have you and the baby taken to the hospital if there are complications.
I'm assuming this was a home birth.

And who doesn't have a phone ?

Negligent ? Concealing something ?
:moo:

Very sad if all of this was just a newborn who passed unexpectedly, and they panicked and buried her.

But what a risky thing to do in this day and age--- of course the authorities are going to have some questions.
If they couldn't afford a casket-- they could've asked for help. Or a pauper's burial and request the public for a small stone marker with a name ?
Idk what the protocols are for each city.
Is it possible some states allow burial on private land ?
Thinking out loud.

A two second google search comes up with a ton of resources to either help pay for proper infant/stillborn burial or cremation costs, or refer you to funeral homes who will help for no cost. If they brought the baby to the hospital, I am sure the hospital would help the parents figure out a better solution than treating their baby like the family pet hamster.

I apologize if anything I say comes across as crass or if I offend anyone. I’ve been typing and deleting things because it’s hard to put my thoughts on paper without sounding crass.

If they just wanted a quiet private home burial, I think it will be telling if they owned the property or not.

Does this make sense?

Do you have a link for the moms statement or msm with her name? I haven’t seen anything with the parents name which struck me as odd since they publicized the baby’s full name. I also think it’s odd that it was reported earlier today that LE are talking to a couple they “believe” are the baby’s parents. Maybe it was just bad reporting. Maybe there’s more to the story. Idk.

I just saw this.

Colon said the investigation is continuing, including an examination of social media and text messages. He said the parents “haven’t indicated anything to say” the child’s death was foul play.

What is known about the parents?

The parents, Colon said, have been cooperative. Riverside police are looking at reports of a Facebook post attributed to the child’s mother on Dec. 21. The post reads, “I gave birth last night to a beautiful little girl and we lost her an hour later. It hurts especially with Christmas being so close.”

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/ne...verside-what-know-now/S1atr1oD3WTUoa6sdhF1CM/

If they just wanted a quiet private home burial, I think it will be telling if they owned the property or not.

Does this make sense?
Absolutely. I'm a forever renter, so one of my cats is buried in my friend's backyard and the other I had creamated.

I'm also forever grateful for my father, who is known for his, uh, frugality. He paid for my child's funeral... I was only barely in my early 20s, I had no resources... I need to thank my daddy again. I was also fortunate enough to have access to family cemetery and extended family members who worked for a masonry place or whatever exactly it's called when one makes gravestones.

Ugh. I need a nap.

I just saw this.

Colon said the investigation is continuing, including an examination of social media and text messages. He said the parents “haven’t indicated anything to say” the child’s death was foul play.

What is known about the parents?

The parents, Colon said, have been cooperative. Riverside police are looking at reports of a Facebook post attributed to the child’s mother on Dec. 21. The post reads, “I gave birth last night to a beautiful little girl and we lost her an hour later. It hurts especially with Christmas being so close.”

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/ne...verside-what-know-now/S1atr1oD3WTUoa6sdhF1CM/

Wow. Thanks for posting.

So they didn’t even call 911 to try to revive their baby??

If the parents narrative is true, that she didn’t even know she was pregnant and then gave birth to a stillborn, why would she post that on Facebook? Instead of posting on Facebook for sympathy, maybe she could have quickly googled resources for a proper burial. Smdh.

Absolutely. I'm a forever renter, so one of my cats is buried in my friend's backyard and the other I had creamated.

I'm also forever grateful for my father, who is known for his, uh, frugality. He paid for my child's funeral... I was only barely in my early 20s, I had no resources... I need to thank my daddy again. I was also fortunate enough to have access to family cemetery and extended family members who worked for a masonry place or whatever exactly it's called when one makes gravestones.

Ugh. I need a nap.

Sounds like you had a loving father. I'm glad you had support during the loss of your kidlet.

If you have a live birth where the baby becomes ill , or even if the baby is early... you're obligated to call 911 or the hospital .
Hope that made sense.

If the infant passes away before you could make the call -- you don't just go bury your baby.
An autopsy will probably be scheduled by a doctor to determine cause of death.
A good midwife will have you and the baby taken to the hospital if there are complications.
I'm assuming this was a home birth.

And who doesn't have a phone ?

Negligent ? Concealing something ?
:moo:

All of this. Thank you for coherently saying what I’ve been struggling to put on paper.

Ugh. I need a nap.

Flourish...
May I offer my belated sympathy, on the loss of your child?

We never really know, what pain our fellow human beings may have suffered when we meet them, which is why we might all consider honoring each person we interact with, with the same reverence, respect and love that we show all the victims here at Webslueths.

I am truly sorry for your loss Flourish. You have a wonderful Daddy!

Thank you for being here.

Thanks for the link, tillicum. That's where I got my info. Didn't mean to post and run!

Another thought - maybe someone, either family or friends of mom who might not be in facebook, was following up as to the pregnancy and asked since she should be nearer to due date. You know, if my early premie theory is correct...When they heard of the situation, they felt the info should be mentioned to the authorities.

PS - I know it's legal to bury a body on your property in NC, as long as you follow some guidelines (not too close to a well or source of fresh water, for instance) and REGISTER said burial with the county. The person making the report could have been trying to close that loophole, nothing more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back