Found Deceased OH- Alaina Camacho, 18, & Nathan Orona, 20, Cleveland, 1 Feb 2021

MAR 5, 2021
Family pleads for info, plans search for man and woman last seen Feb. 1 (fox8.com)
Family members held a news conference on Friday ...

[...]

The family was joined with Lorain Councilman Rey Carrion at the Sacred Heart Chapel. Carrion said reports of sightings and requests for ransom are being investigated.

A search is planned for Sunday at 1 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club on Pearl Avenue. The city-wide search will focus on alleys, abandoned properties, and the shorelines of the Black River.

[...]

“We’re asking we get some leads. And those leads bring us to bringing them back home,” said AC, Alaina’s uncle. “I believe they are still out there alive.”

“She’s a good girl, tough girl… No reason for her or Nathan, no reason for them to be going through this. They weren’t in trouble with anybody that I know of.” Camacho said Alaina and Nathan are good friends.

[...]

MAR 5, 2021
Lorain families continue search for missing young adults, call on community for information (cleveland19.com)
[...]

“Just have faith. We’re going to get you. Alaina and Nathan,” AC, Alaina’s uncle, said during the event.

Rey Carrion, the councilman for the 6th Ward, also announced up to a $3,000 reward for any information that will help locate the missing individuals.

“We know that there’s someone out there that knows what’s going on, and we’re asking you to do the right thing,” he said.

[...]

Orona’s Aunt, WS, added her nephew would never take off without a warning. “Nathan always talks to us,” she said. “Something’s wrong; something’s not right here. We knew immediately something’s wrong.”

[...]

“Missing People are found in abandoned buildings,” AC said. “Vehicles are hidden in buildings, in garages; that’s a good start, you know?”

[...]

Ohmygeez! :confused: Lake Erie? I hope they can find Alaina soon. Hot Waters boat ramp is only 4 miles or so from Sheffield Estates Apartments where Alaina picked up Nathan. Did they usually go there to hang out and chill? Meet others? Did they have an accident? Were they lured there or attacked by someone after they arrived? No answer will be comforting knowing that at least one of the pair, Nathan, lost his life. I was hoping they'd run off together only to come back and surprise everyone with an exciting story to tell. What a terrible tragedy. :(

Rest peacefully, Nathan. My condolences to his loved ones.

Google map from apts to boat ramp. - If you click on "Hot Waters Boat ramp" then the photo of the lighthouse, you'll see pics of the area.

Nathan Orona has been found deceased.

A body found on March 28 in Lake Erie has been identified as a Lorain man missing since Feb. 4, according to the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office.

Missing Lorain man found dead in Lake Erie, authorities confirm
Snipped
...a fisherman, who was fishing off a pier, east of the Hot Waters boat launch. ...he observed what appeared to be a body floating in the Lake. [snip] Camacho’s whereabouts are still unknown, along with the vehicle ... A search of the area waters was suspended due to weather and is expected to resume once the conditions are more favorable for search and rescue personnel.

I wonder if they drove into the lake? Or into the Black River, which feeds into Lake Erie? At the beginning of February it was surely slick and icy. I hate to think he was found because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, and wherever Alaina and her car are, she's still with it.

Such a sad outcome so far, and still horribly far from a resolution.

Last edited:
MAR 29, 2021
Alaina Camacho's body, gold car pulled from Lake Erie (news5cleveland.com)

poster_9df6d150906a4dc28a4e4a35d94d9d42.jpg

Lorain County divers pulled the body of missing 18-year-old Alaina Camacho and a gold car from Lake Erie.

[...]

A dive team and heavy duty wreckers were called to the scene of the search Monday afternoon.

"They were both together," said Albert Camacho, Alaina's uncle. ...

[...]

Rest in peace, Alaina.

:(:(:(

Thank God they've recovered her remains. I'm so sorry for their loved ones who undoubtedly are dealing with some very tough emotions right now. My prayers go out to them and to the investigators. May answers come easily and quickly.

Rest in peace, Alaina and Nathan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back