OH - Amanda Mangas, 23, murdered, Delta, 14 March 2017 *Arrest*

So the monster waited for her dad to leave :stormingmad: Dad breaks down during interview.

Mike Mangas said he left his home at roughly 5 a.m. Afterward, he said Ramey kicked in the door of his home and shot his daughter, Amanda Mangas — the 10-month-old’s mother— in the chest. She died at University of Toledo Medical Center, the former Medical College of Ohio.

https://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2017/03/14/Amber-Alert-issued.html

What the hell are these guys thinking?? Do they really think they can kill someone, take their child and... what? Live happily ever after? Hide out forever? I just don't get it. WHY.

RIP Mandi. :rose:

so I am pondering...what about the step grandmother that went with the father??
the child's step-grandmother, Deborah Mangas, was found in Rochester IN too.....

IMO the location in Indiana where they were located is an older relative of James Ramey. The story states that he was located there by cell phone tracking, which IMO means he's not the sharpest bulb in the pack.
IMO he was known to stagger around town with his friend who passed away on 12/24/16. They were best friends and co-workers, and I wonder if losing his best buddy affected his mental health somehow.
IMO he previously lived in Delta, but maybe was a roommate, and not officially a resident.

so I am pondering...what about the step grandmother that went with the father??
the child's step-grandmother, Deborah Mangas, was found in Rochester IN too.....

Nothing official has been stated yet. I'm wondering what occurred myself. I'm sure more details will come out, in time.

Now that little Winston has been located safe I have moved this discussion to Crimes in the News so that those interested can track the case to trial for the murder of Amanda.

Possibly the step grandmother went with the killer/abductor because she thought she could maybe plead for him to let the baby go or at least see to his safety. Or the baby was upset and crying and he forced her to go with to help care for the baby. If so, she is lucky to be alive, he may have decided to dispose of her when she was no longer needed in that respect. I am sure we will know more later.

This just hurts my heart to the core. That poor baby has now lost his mother and will grow up never knowing her deepes love for him. Because of an idiot that thought he could get away with shooting his ex wife and living happily ever after?

Do protective orders really help these defenseless mothers?

Do protective orders really help these defenseless mothers?

Not completely. IMO, all protections are inadequate, if a violent really wants to cause harm. However, that being said, I believe they can help in some ways.

For example, if that had taken a less forceful route and first knocked on the door while the woman's father was home or while the woman was awake, the police could have been called, informed that an active PFA was in place, and immediately responded to apprehend the . I'm unfamiliar with OH law, but in PA, he could then receive up to 6 months incarceration for violating the PFA order. The same can be done for each and every violation, no matter how minor (i.e., a FB post discussing the person protected by the PFA, asking a friend to text or FB message the person protected by the PFA, etc.)

Additionally, IMO, having an active protection order can help initiate a more rapid response from law enforcement, as it differentiates the situation from the common harassment call, in which law enforcement's first course of action is often to make contact with the bothersome person and simply direct that they cease communication.

Again, all JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member