OH OH - Aria Spradling, 20, Harrison Township, 29 Sept 2013

Circumstances surrounding Aria's disappearance:

Melissa Spradling told News Center 7's Yuna Lee that she took her daughter to work at Harem Gentlemen's Club, in Harrison Twp., on Sept. 28.
"I dropped her off and she hugged me and I hugged her and she kissed me and said 'I'll see you in a couple of days,' " the mother said.
She said her daughter called that night, upset that someone had stolen the cash she had made dancing at the Harem that night. Melissa Spradling said her daughter told her she would have to work an extra day to make more money.
Aria never showed for work, her mother said. A check of phone records indicates that the young woman's cell has since been turned off.
<snipped>
http://www.whio.com/news/news/local/police-seek-help-locating-missing-woman/nbjmj/

Who murdered this young woman, and why? :confused:

Vandalia police believe Aria Marie Spradling's body had been in Art Van Atta Park for "quite some time," Lt. Dan Swafford said Wednesday. The 20-year-old was reported missing to Eaton police by her mother, Melissa Spradling, on Oct. 16.

"She was laying next to a tree that was already knocked down...There was some foliage over the top of her, but it wasn't like she was buried," Swafford said. The remains, which were in a state of decomposition, were discovered Monday.

The cause and manner of death has not been determined, but Ken Betz, director of the Montgomery County Coroner's Office, said right now the death is being labeled as suspicious.
<snipped>

See more at: http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime...death-eaton-woman/nby7B/#sthash.cPHW89Kt.dpuf

Eaton police also are looking into whether Spradling was the same woman mentioned in a Dayton police report about an incident Sept. 30 on Germantown Pike. That incident involved what witnesses told police was a possible rape situation involving a naked female and several males.

"What I have been told was that there was a female running naked in the road and three (males) in a minivan pulled her into the van and took off with her and her clothing was apparently left on the street," DePew said.

Dayton police were able to retrieve some clothing left behind from that incident, and that clothing was handed over to the Miami Valley Regional Crime Laboratory, according to DePew. "They are still working on trying to match that up to see if there is a connection there," he said.
<snipped>

See more at: http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime...death-eaton-woman/nby7B/#sthash.cPHW89Kt.dpuf

^^ what the ???! Was the naked woman grabbed by men in a van ever in the media? If I lived anywhere near there that is something I would want to know!!

Wow, this is about 20 minutes from where I live and I haven't heard anything about the abduction or the missing woman until now!

This is not far from where I live and I have never heard anything about Aria Spradling or a naked woman being pulled into a van!

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/body-found-in-ohio-park-identified-as-missing-exotic-dancer-1.446224?comments=n
<snipped>
Authorities have said they found hair and clothing believed to be from Spradling at the scene of an apparent attack in Eaton, west of Dayton.
I guess investigators still aren't sure whether the clothing found at the scene of the incident on Germantown Pike belong to Spradling, but they seem to believe it's hers. Apparently, there was also hair found at that scene believed to be Spradling's.

If there were witnesses to that incident, didn't they get the license plate number of that van???

http://www.abc22now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wkef_vid_22507.shtml

The Spradling family and friends gathered in Art Van Atta Park off North Dixie Rd Saturday afternoon. They were there to remember Aria. It's the same park where the 21-year-old was found dead nearly two months after being reported missing in September of 2013.

"She (Aria) was very outspoken, very full of life. So we're going to do this, like I said, every year just to keep it alive," said Brittany Brown, Aria&#8217;s sister... Brittany says the family just wants to find out what happened to Aria. They think someone killed her...

The case is still open, but it&#8217;s been a while since they have heard any news. The Montgomery Co. coroner was unable to determine how she died. "They haven't really given us any details on anything. They haven't made any arrests or anything," said Brown.

Hey all,

Just to clarify a few things (I'm a local)... the young woman who disappeared apparently lived in a small town about 35 minutes' drive west of Dayton called Eaton. This is where I live also. It is a rural, classic "small town" community, with two other small towns and lots of country road/undeveloped area in between there and the city.

She worked at the Harem, which is north of Dayton and at least 25-30 minutes northeast of Eaton. Germantown Pike -- where the naked woman was seen running before being pulled into a minivan -- on the other hand, is just barely southwest of downtown Dayton, not in Eaton, as ambiguous wording in some of the articles seems to indicate.

I don't know if that clothing was ever conclusively tied to Aria or not, but it seems odd to me that she would have been running around that area, as it's not especially close to either Eaton or the Harem, and it's not really on the way between the two either. I'm inclined to think that was an unrelated incident, absent more compelling evidence.

I didn't know Aria, but I feel a connection to the case, being as how she's from my hometown and all. I wish it had gotten more play in the media, but I never even heard that she was missing until her body was found in Vandalia. (Which is actually quite close to the Harem, another thing that makes me think the Germantown Pike incident is unrelated).

Anyone have any more information about this? I can't find anything substantive about it online.

Hi TB Rhine! This seems to be the most recent report. Police are still requesting public assistance...

The Suspicious Death of Aria Spradling

October 8, 2014

20 year old Aria Spradling’s body was found in Art Van Atta Park by Montgomery County sewer workers on November, 18th 2013 after she was reported missing by family members in late September, 2013. Aria was a dancer at The Harem Nightclub in Harrison Twp the night she disappeared.

Vandalia detectives are are asking for the public’s assistance in solving the suspicious death of Aria Spradling.

If you have any information about this case please call Miami Valley Crime Stoppers at 222-STOP, or toll-free 1-800-637-5735. You may phone in tips to Crime Stoppers 24 hours a day, and callers can remain anonymous

Aria-Spradling.jpg

http://miamivalleycrimestoppers.com/2014/10/08/the-suspicious-death-of-aria-spradling/

They could at least use a more flattering pic... I mean, damn.

We're about 2 weeks out from the 1-year anniversary of the discovery of Aria's remains.

Spradling left her daughter with her mother on Sept. 29. [...] The 20-year-old was reported missing to Eaton police by her mother, Melissa Spradling, on Oct. 16.

Never noticed this little detail before. Wonder why her mom waited more than two weeks to report her missing.

TB I'm local too, also have mutual friends of the family.

It wasn't terribly unusual for Aria to disappear for short periods of time. If I recall correctly she even told her mom she would be back in a few days, leaving her young daughter in her care. Aria had an addiction at some point, and RUMOR may have been doing some things to support it that could have put her in danger. Again, IIRC M did approach police early on but they were hesitant to take her seriously as there was no evidence that she didn't leave of her own volition. I believe M had to push the fact that Aria had warrants to get the police to activley involved.

Autopsy report was inconclusive although morphine and cocaine were found in her body. Family firmly believes she was targeted.

Maggie,

Just now seeing this after many months away.

Why does the family believe so strongly that Aria was murdered? Could she have simply overdosed, then been left in the park by friends (acquaintances, a customer or coworker, etc.) in order to avoid being implicated? Was the hair and clothing allegedly found after the incident on Germantown Pk ever connected to Aria? That never made sense to me -- why abduct someone up near Vandalia, bring her all the way down to the boonies south of downtown, then take her back up north again in order to hide the body?

Anyway, any info you have would be much appreciated, as of course info about Aria is practically nonexistent online. Thanks again for the reply!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back