OH OH - Arthur (formerly Terra) Sprague, 17, transgender, Cincinnati, 18 Apr 2019 *bipolar, depressed*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Apr 24, 2019.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NORTHSIDE, Ohio (WKRC) - The sign behind the counter at Sidewinder Coffee in Northside is alerting workers about a frequent customer who's gone missing: Arthur Sprague.

Arthur, a 17-year-old senior at Walnut Hills High School, disappeared six days ago. He's considered critically missing because he takes medication for depression and bipolar disorder.

Police also put out a flier for Arthur. He's transgender and has a buzzcut. His mother Tessa Sprague is terrified, and she's asking the community for help. She thinks her son was lured away by someone he met online.

Tessa said Arthur was supposed to come to Sidewinder after school on Thursday but never showed up at either place.

"Each day, I keep thinking that this awful nightmare is going to be over. That Arthur is going to walk through the door any minute," Tessa said.

Detective Dave Weidle says Arthur doesn't have a driver's license and his picture is up at bus stations. By tracking his phone, they have evidence he could be in the New Orleans area.

"My fear is that Arthur has met someone online, perhaps through social media, and has given him the confidence to leave home and has perhaps lured Arthur away from us," Tessa said.

Tessa said she's had no phone calls or texts from her son since Thursday. Cincinnati Police say it's sometimes hard to find someone if they don't want to be found, but they're actively working this case every day.

Arthur does not have any history of running away. If you know anything about where he might be, call Crimestoppers at 513-352-3040.

Mother worries that missing Walnut Hills student was lured through internet

Missing - Cincinnati Police Department

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Children/Sprague

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

From @GuyfromCanada's informative Post #1, there is this statement:

"Tessa said Arthur was supposed to come to Sidewinder after school on Thursday but never showed up at either place."

So I would take this to mean he never showed up to school on Thursday. I wonder when he was last seen, and who was the person that last saw Arthur. I certainly hope LE is looking through his phone account & any computers at the house. Did Arthur take anything with him--his phone, laptop, money, clothes, etc.?

3. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

Oh! I hope he didn’t run into a hater!

4. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...Ohio-Missing-Persons/Missing-Children/Sprague
    [​IMG]
    Missing since: 4/18/2019
    • Missing age: 17
    • Current age: 17
    • Race/Ethnicity: White
    • Height: 5'7"
    • Weight: 200 lbs
    • Hair color: Brown
    • Eye color: Hazel
    Details
    Terra was last seen in Cincinnati, OH on April 18, 2019. She may be in need of medication.

Contact
    Anyone with additional information or questions regarding this case should contact Cincinnati Police Department Personal Crimes Unit at (513) 352-6474.

6. kaen

Mods, is it possible to change the title from Terra Rose Sprague AKA Arthur to Arthur/Terra Rose or Arthur Sprague AKA Terra Rose or something that honors Arthur's transgender status?

I am reporting myself to get a mod's help.

7. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

Yes I think "Arthur (formerly Terra) Sprague" or something similar would be better.

I hope Arthur is okay...

8. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Praying for Arthur tonight. I hope he is somewhere safe and warm and will contact his family to let them know he's okay. It's such a scary world out there....full of hate.

9. MsFacetious

Still worrying about Arthur so I decided to do some digging. What a delightful and talented young man!

First, it looks like Louisiana, Georgia and the south eastern U.S. is where the focus is right now.

Also the focus is STRONGLY on correcting the dead naming in the media articles and incorrect pronouns.

There is A LOT of concern that if Arthur sees the wrong name and pronoun being used it may make things WORSE.

Despite what the media and press releases have said Arthur absolutely is he/him and his family has always supported that. There is no gray area there and the family is quite upset at the portrayal.

It looks like Arthur-Rose is the name he uses for his art.

Publishing and Submissions

Blue Snake Zines

While he just uses Arthur everywhere else:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004628896521

10. MsFacetious

11. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

12. Shin Masamura

Shin Masamura Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun

Agreed except for the case of official postings from LE if we were to stumble on remains down the road and need to make a match. Other than that, reference should be respected outside of identification postings medically..

LaborDayRN, GarAndTeed, Vail and 6 others like this.
  13. MsFacetious

Yes. Obviously LE needs that on file for unidentified patients or bodies. However, I'm concerned that the next family may not disclose that because of Arthur's case. I'm glad his family is so on top of it.

14. kaen

Be safe this weekend, Arthur. Come home. You are missed and loved.

15. MsFacetious

Yes. Please let your family know you are okay Arthur. There is so much love waiting for you to return to.

16. MsFacetious

Arthur your little brother is heartbroken. Please go home. :(

17. scriabina

scriabina Well-Known Member

If he has a history of bipolar disorder and depression then Occam's razor would tragically point to suicide. I haven't heard or read of any strife between Arthur and his family that would warrant him missing voluntarily, but of course that doesn't mean there wasn't any...

18. doyoulovemepfg

doyoulovemepfg Well-Known Member

19. kaen

Wow. Two people missing. That is odd. I am still hoping that Arthur is safe. Now, I will keep my eye out for information about Jackson.

20. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member