OH - Baby boy, 1 month, died in hot car, Muskingum County, 4 Sep 2018

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by cybervampira, Oct 21, 2018.

1. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Mother of baby left in hot car charged with murder

Samantha Donohoe, 27, was arrested Friday on four counts related to the death of her 1-month-old son - felonious assault, felony murder, endangering children and involuntary manslaughter.
    upload_2018-10-21_13-53-5.jpeg upload_2018-10-21_13-53-49.jpeg
    If convicted, she faces life in prison, according to Muskingum County Prosecutor Mike Haddox.

At 6:25 p.m., on Sept. 4, authorities responded to a 911 call at 80 Eagleview Drive Apt. F. Upon arrival, deputies found an unresponsive baby and CPR had been started. Deputies continued CPR until EMS arrived.

The baby could not be resuscitated and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The investigation revealed that the child had been left in the car but Haddox could not say for how long.

"It was 90 degrees that day," Haddox said.

In 2017, Donohoe lost a 1-month-old daughter to asphyxiation. Through the investigation, it was determined that Donohoe had fallen asleep on the couch with the infant. When she woke up, the infant was deceased.

"We looked at that case last year and it appeared to be an accident," Haddox said.

Mother indicted for infant’s hot car death

Donohoe pleads not guilty to murdering infant son

2. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

3. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

Two babies she’s lost? She didn’t lose them. It sounds like she threw the innocent babies away. Surely, her two other young children are being well taken care of. It’s a wonder they are okay. Lock her up for life! At least she has a life. I’m being mean but I hope she suffers miserably. Miserably. Throw away the key and never look back.

4. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...there must be some way to stop people like this from having these precious ones only to destroy them when they feel like it. Just heartbreaking. And, this makes TWO!

5. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

What the heck is wrong with this woman? She accidentally suffocates one newborn and now she accidentally forgets her newborn in a hot car? Who forgets about a one-month old baby?
    The autopsy cites hyperthermia as COD. The father was heard in the background during the 911 call and he gave the baby CPR. He has not been charged with any crime.

The paper has the 911 call but chose not to release it.

The baby that died last year apparently was suffocated when Samantha rolled over on her while asleep. She started a GFM to help her and her husband while they took time off from work. It was deemed an accident and no charges were laid.

Something's off. JMO.

6. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

I do wish there was some way of preventing this woman from EVER having another child. Seems like the little ones of this earth have no one to speak out and protect them. JMO, MOO

7. Julindy

Julindy Well-Known Member

Words fail me,I just can't understand this at all.