GUILTY OH - Barb Williams for child abuse, Hancock County, 2014

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by noZme, May 14, 2014.

1. screecher

screecher "Dina is going to kill me!"

2. DeeMarie

DeeMarie Active Member

FINDLAY, OH (Toledo News Now) -A Riverdale teacher accused of being too physical with a kindergarten student has been charged with child endangering.
    "A court document said Williams recklessly and unlawfully created a substantial risk to the health and or safety of the child by violating a duty of care and protection.”

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/25670654/riverdale-teacher-charged-with-child-endangering?autostart=true

..not sure if this has been posted to this thread or not..

I have a boy the same age. She victimized this kindergartner and I am sure that this is not the first time she has done this.
    She is being protected by the union.
    I hope she is found guilty and loses her job.

3. DeeMarie

DeeMarie Active Member

[h=3]School documents shed light on Riverdale teacher incident[/h]"Three cooks taking a break nearby heard the confrontation in the hallway. They say they heard the teacher, Barb Williams, yell at 6-year-old Ian Nelson. According to the cooks, Williams was questioning Ian about using the bathroom, and then things escalated. The cooks said Williams called Ian a liar and said she was sick of him and his parents, then "growled" at him and told him, "I am going to rip you apart."

http://www.toledonewsnow.com/story/...ents-shed-light-on-riverdale-teacher-incident

4. DeeMarie

DeeMarie Active Member

5. MissJ

MissJ New Member

Every time I reread this I get angry again.

6. human

human Well-Known Member

Maybe in the olden days, but there are children who come to school in diapers. They have accidents.i had a student once that had diarrhea that caused him to need a shower.

No parent answered the phone, so he was given a shower at school.

Teachers have to do everything. Who else will?

7. human

human Well-Known Member

It would be nice if personnel got enough wages to get the best.

Here an assistant starts at around $8.00 hour. They keep them under 20 hours a week so no benefits need to be paid.

The public wants top performance, but they do not want to pay for it.

BTW, I do not think that is the correct Barb W. How can a music teacher be teaching special needs children?

Or was he in music class when it happened?

8. DeeMarie

DeeMarie Active Member

9. DeeMarie

DeeMarie Active Member

10. DeeMarie

DeeMarie Active Member

11. MissJ

MissJ New Member

She should have gotten serious jail time.

12. BrownRice

BrownRice Well-Known Member

I'm in the education field, and I think it's customary across the nation to pay the support staff (aides, food service, office) bare minimum wages. Typically we do it "for the kids" - not to make money. And now with the Affordable Care Act, hours have been cut for all support staff to stay under 30 hrs. Unfortunately, it's the kids that suffer because they obviously receive less services.

Did this teacher lose her license? I just saw that she resigned. She probably still gets her pension and other related benefits. I know in my district, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE for a teacher to be fired or forced to resign. Literally impossible unless sex or drugs are involved and unrefutable evidence found.