OH OH - Beverly Potts, 10, Cleveland, 24 Aug 1951

Discussion in 'Pre-1960's Missing' started by joellegirl, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Lionesss

Lionesss New Member

Just reading about this case. Actually floored that the 22 year old sister living with the family wasn't looked into further. I feel she knew more. I think it was someone connected to her that took Beverly. A friend or an acquaintance who knew Beverly. The sister moved shortly after which I think is odd. Yes, early 20's is a selfish age and she was starting a life but the need to stay close to home in case little sister returned seems a given. I just think the sister knows way more than she revealed before her death.

dotr likes this.

2. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

I don't think we should be sleuthing either Anita or Patsy Swing with no evidence.

dotr, SAMS, Jim_M and 1 other person like this.
  3. Cincinnati Kid

Cincinnati Kid Active Member

I don't think Anita Potts had anything to do with her sister's disappearance. She was in the home the evening that Beverly disappeared and may have had some thoughts as to who might have been behind it (which I have never heard mentioned), but I have never felt she was involved in any way. The person(s) responsible may have come from close by, but not from inside the home.

dotr, SAMS, Ozoner and 3 others like this.
  4. Aquaman

Aquaman New Member

Have the letters that were sent to the Plain Dealer ever been revealed in their entirety?

SAMS likes this.
  5. Cincinnati Kid

Cincinnati Kid Active Member

I'm not sure if the letters are re-printed in their entirety, but in the book, Twilight of Innocence, a good part of their content is revealed.

Jim_M and SAMS like this.
  6. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Currently reading Twilight of Innocence and I’m even more convinced of an opportunistic abduction. IMO. Will add more once finished-also a bump for Beverly...MOO

nerosleuth and Jim_M like this.
  7. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

A break in Beverly Potts' disappearance, 64 years later

I’m sure this was already posted but I wonder what became of this...wow you don’t realize how many psychos want to insert themselves into an investigation until you read about this case. Unbelievable. After reading the book, so many thoughts and suspicions but no real leads that make me say hmmm. So sad for this family. IMO Anita Potts had absolutely nothing to do with her sisters disappearance. She took a job out of state under the suggestion of her mother, who knew she would have to live in that house with them if she didn’t go....Elizabeth died merely 5 years after Bev disappeared, literally from heartbreak IMO. This family suffered tremendously and to victimize them would be cruel and unjust. I can’t even imagine how you go on, but Anita saved herself, even through the pain and loss, good for her. I thought about Beverly as I fell asleep last night and to know that no one will ever be behind bars for what they did to her, hurt. (It’s been almost 70 years, possible that her perp is alive but not probable). It’s one of the cases that keep me up at night. IMO Beverly was taken by a perp lurking at the park or as the author of Twilight suggests, a neighbor, someone close, bc she was not heard, she was not far from home, and very shy, esp toward men. The chances of her accepting candy or a ride deemed ridiculous to those who knew her. I truly hope for the sake of her remaining family that she gets justice one day, even if it is too late for an arrest. Beverly deserves that. MOO

nerosleuth, Owutatangledweb and Jim_M like this.
  8. Richard

Richard Well-Known Member

Potts, Beverly Rose
    Ohio, USA

Beverly Rose Potts (April 15, 1941 - Aug 24, 1951) disappeared on Aug 24, 1951. Police assume that she was abducted and murdered. She was just 10 years old. Her remains were never found. Police is trying to get back in touch with an anonymous caller who left helpful information. If you have any information please call the Cleveland Crime Stoppers anonymous tip line at (216) 252-7463...

LINK:
    Cold Case Database

nerosleuth, NornIron, Betty P and 2 others like this.
  9. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

10. ekardh

ekardh Well-Known Member

Do people think she was taken by a local or a traveller? I guess there's no evidence either way, apart from Beverly's wariness of strangers.

Betty P and Jim_M like this.