Found Deceased OH - Braylen Noble, 3, non-verbal, Toledo, 4 Sept 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cigarette butt is obvious to me. No smoking in the apartment slowed. Mom was on the balcony when he was reported to disappear. That's her smoking area.
What do you mean by "no smoking in the apartment slowed"?

I think it is odd to keep an old phone in a bathroom cabinet or on top of a microwave. We certainly have old phones, but they are in a drawer in a bedroom or a box in a closet.
Because you're organized. Disorganized people just take their old phone off the charger, stick it somewhere nearby, plug in their new phone and there it stays.

Because you're organized. Disorganized people just take their old phone off the charger, stick it somewhere nearby, plug in their new phone and there it stays.

I would disagree that means the person is simply disorganized. Having that many old phones in random places makes me believe they keep a very messy home.

I would disagree that means the person is simply disorganized. Having that many old phones in random places makes me believe they keep a very messy home.
That is your impression, but without photos of the inside of their home we cannot make that conclusion. Having personal items you don’t have a specific spot for doesn’t mean that your home will be filthy by default. Most low budget apartments have very few, very small closets. Most have zero outdoor storage space, attics, garages, or other places meant to put things. Living in a small space often coincides with less organization because you have fewer places to put things. There are lots of random things in our bathroom cabinets because we don’t have places to store a lot of things. I have bins on both my fridge and my microwave that store random items we have no places for. I am sincerely surprised by how many people seem to think this is a sign of something bad going on in the home.

Last edited:
Pretty sure "messy" and "disorganized" are synonymous but my thesaurus tells me that the top synonym for both is "chaotic" so let's agree that's probably what the apartment is, chaotic.

There are probably no fewer than 15 old, dead battery cell phones that laying around without service in my house... some in toy boxes, some in dressers, at least one in a bathroom cabinet and probably more than one up on top of the fridge... and I can tell you without even looking that there are more than two tablets per person in my house - we've done several upgrades in the last ten years and I don't think we've thrown out a single one of the old ones. Some people just keep old tech when they upgrade. Six phones doesn't seem unusual to me, especially since most of the ones listed (LG, ZTE, HTE) are the brands that produce many of the budget prepaid / no contract phones sold in stores (which means there would be no resale value in them, no reason to sell them or trade them in, and more likely someone would just replace one if it stopped functioning well or got misplaced).
6 phones is not unusual to me either.

I don't see the relevance if someone's house has a little clutter or a ton or where they keep their old phones.

Why was Braylen found in the pool? Waiting to find out...
Fifteen years ago popular opinion was that if you had two phones you were a drug dealer. In 2020 the manufacturers, especially Apple have turned it around that people think they need a new phone every two years (or preferably every year). I didn't even expect people to be surprised that someone wouldn't trade in their old phone when they got a new one. It seems that the automobile mentality has been completely applied to phones now.

I think it is odd to keep an old phone in a bathroom cabinet or on top of a microwave. We certainly have old phones, but they are in a drawer in a bedroom or a box in a closet.
Uh oh. I probably have 8 old phones, all in my bathroom drawer hahaha. They have pics, phone numbers, messages, I use them when my phone gets lost or broken, my son uses them without service to play games..... I dont think its because I'm a disgusting mess, though. I think its because the drawer in my bathroom (which is really the vanity area, not the toilet room) was empty. It always amazes me the things that people can make judgements about. I hope I never go missing because the assumptions will be crazy!! And I'm really just the most regular girl around. With phones in the bathroom drawer. Spoiler alert, there's another drawer in there with sunglasses!

This discussion has me all worried about the ridiculous number of gadgets I have lying around my house. Personal mobiles, work mobiles, old mobiles, the faulty one my child plays with, the small pile of god knows how many old ones in a box we packed when we moved and never really unpacked. I’m not even sure I’d be able to make an accurate guess at what’s in here if police ever asked. Plus tablets and laptops.

Today’s catch up has been really informative. I learned occupational therapy for children with autism and the stages of decomposition of the human body. This site never fails to fascinate and inform. Thank you.

And fwiw, I don’t believe he was in the pool that whole time and I’m sceptical about the window thing but not ready to completely dismiss it. Would any kind contributor care to remind me what the mother and Grandma said they were doing around the time he’s supposed to have disappeared, and where exactly they were?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam