GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Trials' started by AnotherNancyDrew, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

Maybe he can look younger without a beard. they do shave off pretty easy

Sjm_qc, gitana1, ReadySet and 2 others like this.

2. DakotaJax

DakotaJax New Member

A lot of people here blaming LE for various things (not taking fingerprints - the guy refused to give them, not shutting down media rumours - not their job, they stated from the beginning they would have no further comment until DNA was back, not realizing he wasn’t 14 - maybe they did, but that’s part of an investigation and why they did DNA, or maybe they didn’t, I would expect a 14 year old who has pontentially lived in horrific abusive situations to possibly look older and more ragged).

Regardless, the only person who can be blamed right now is the loser con artist.

3. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

You're seemingly still assuming they didn't see he wasn't a 14 year old boy. Among other things we think about this differently. I think we do agree that we're angry about this imposter, so let's focus on that. And on keeping Timmothy's name out there, and seeing if there's anything that can be done to finally find him for real. He and his family deserve that.

JMO/MOO

TatianaBarbie, TRB, Stunned and 3 others like this.
  4. Kadoober

Kadoober Get Me A Vodka Rocks… And A Piece Of Toast.

I'm home now, and I've cracked a lovely Amarone, and... I'm just wicked pissed. I was hoping I'd pop in and see he'd been arrested. The nerve of this guy is incredible.

I'm a bit cheesed at myself, too. Things in his story obviously stunk from jump, but I get soooo hopeful, man!

*pulls self together*

What do we know about Amy, other than she had been married multiple times and struggled with mental illness? What was her personality like, what kind of mom was she prior to her death? Was she a prideful woman?

5. ReadySet

ReadySet Well-Known Member

You want the media to make demands on LE while they're at the familie's home?

6. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

There’s no reason for anyone to feel embarrassed. Most of us were not right there where we could see this guy close up. LE was and after he took the hoodie off his approximate age should have been fairly apparent. It probably was, but they had to check it out to see who this guy is.

The one thing that kept nagging me was his statement about his birthdate. I could buy someone who went missing at almost 7 to remember their birthday but not so much the year of birth. All of that info might be lost after spending years in an abusive situation where birthdays were probably not celebrated.

If a family is trying to hide him they would likely have changed the day and year to make identification less likely.

JMO

7. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

I took my dog for a walk and this thread is moving fast but I started reading where I left off so did not get to his age for a bit.

I feel terrible for the family. I am just hoping they were not as optimistic as us. Hoping LE gave them more information than we were hearing on MSM and they were aware much sooner than we were.

8. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

My question was not about a blurry photo from afar and reading about it. It was about the people down there standing in front of him and looking right at this guy. No sane person would mistake him for a 14 year old. That was my only point as people feel badly about being duped and nobody is here looking at him, in person.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    Suglo and ChiCubs2016 like this.
  9. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I agree now that I've seen a photo of the man. No way was he 14! I'm baffled why LE announced it to the national news media and summoned the officers from Aurora P.D. two states away. How incredibly cruel for Tim's family.

JMO

ChiCubs2016 likes this.
  10. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

Can I see the most recent photo of him you've seen? or are you basing it on a completely different photo from a very different date/time?

Honestly asking

11. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I don't know that it was irresponsible reporting. Several witnesses spoke to the media. None said he looked like a man.

12. tiredblondy

tiredblondy Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

13. ReadySet

IMO, if they had tried to "shut it down" before they had the DNA results, some would be saying they were re-traumatizing the victim by not believing him.

14. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I'm thinking he's a convincing con.

Sjm_qc, TRB, 5CentsWorth and 2 others like this.
  15. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I’m sure his pediatrician noticed immediately.

TRB, k8ling0087, LaborDayRN and 8 others like this.
  16. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

It's also not the first time this has ever happened.

17. tiredblondy

tiredblondy Well-Known Member

In case this pic was missed.

timmothy pitzer hoaxer.jpg

18. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

without the beard growing in. A dirty face, small size... I can see why there was a bit of hope there

CarmelEyesD, Suglo, gitana1 and 2 others like this.
  19. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

This is the first time I saw an unblurred photo. This is not a 14 year old.

TRB, LadyL, gitana1 and 1 other person like this.
  20. ReadySet

Exactly. I could blame media and LE for me going against my better judgement and jumping on the bandwagon (did the same thing in the Delphi murders case when DN was widely believed to be the perp), or, I could take this as a lesson for myself and think, ok, what did I miss? Lay out the facts and reasoning and logic here and learn from it. That's what I choose to do for myself.

Nellie Nelson and gitana1 like this.