GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

"Rini is from Medina, Ohio, which is about 200 miles from Newport. Medina's police chief, Ed Kinney, said Rini 'has an extensive criminal history with Medina police and documented mental issues.' Medina police have interacted with Rini up to 60 times, Kinney said."

(bolded by me)

Yeah, but who is Rini since we've mugshots of two different people - one dark haired with brown eyes and the other fair with blue eyes?

IL - IL - Timmothy Fry-Pitzen, 6, Aurora, 13 May 2011 - mom found dead - #3

OH PLEASE, I have all three and I don't pretend to be missing children. That is a bad excuse.

Jonathan wasn’t making excuses for his brother, he was asked by the reporters if his brother had previous issues and he was just explaining that he had and what they were.

He’s actually very upset with his brother Brian, who also assumed Jonathans identity in the past during a traffic stop. Brian then skipped out on court and his brother Jonathan ended up with an arrest warrant because LE had his information.

What I've been saying all along is, the police need to disclose the mileage that was gathered on the Odometer when Amy brought the car to the mechanic and check it against what was on the Odometer when she was discovered. Now clock the route she took and determine if/what was the excess mileage between the resort and her place of death. That's the window of where Timmothy will be.

I agree. One of our members did this for the search I was on and she was spot on. @GigTu is the best!!!

It’s been a disappointing day.
We may as well not even think there is a chance this (20 to 24 year old) lying felon will tell a version of the truth as to why he did this.
I am glad everyone talked about Timmothy Pitzen’s case. If Tim is out there and some one knows something, We can hope they take this opportunity to come forward.

My first thought when I heard this was not Timmothy was "what a flaming ahole". But 10 years ago this person was 14. What horrible things have happened in his life to lead him to this point. This is so sad all around.

My first thought when I heard this was not Timmothy was "what a flaming ahole". But 10 years ago this person was 14. What horrible things have happened in his life to lead him to this point. This is so sad all around.
I think from arrest records, he brought most of what happen to him on his self.
And he has a major problem telling the truth.

I wonder how anyone can claim to be someone they are not. From a psychological perspective, it is somewhat fascinating. From a realistic view, this is devastating to Timmothy's family, especially his father. Thinking he may have his son back. The petson claiming to be Timmothy is not even 14, but 23. He must have known DNA would identify him as not being the missing boy. I was so hoping Timmothy had been located.

"Rini is from Medina, Ohio, which is about 200 miles from Newport. Medina's police chief, Ed Kinney, said Rini 'has an extensive criminal history with Medina police and documented mental issues.' Medina police have interacted with Rini up to 60 times, Kinney said."

(bolded by me)
Also from the article:

“‘It's been awful,’ said Alana Anderson, Pitzen's grandmother. ‘We've been hopeful, alternately hopeful and frightened, and it's just been exhausting.’

‘It's devastating. It's like reliving that day all over again,’ said Kara Jacobs, Pitzen's aunt.

Jacobs said Timmothy's father, who now lives in Iowa, ‘is devastated once again.’

Jacobs and Anderson both also expressed sympathy for Rini.

‘I feel so sorry for the young man who's obviously had a horrible time and felt the need to say he was someone else,’ Anderson said.”
(BBM)

Now I am crying all over again. What an amazing family.

I lost track of who posted this article but this part:

Timmothy Pitzen case: Person found in Kentucky ID'd as Brian Rini, 23, not missing Aurora boy

"It's been awful," said Alana Anderson, Pitzen's grandmother. "We've been hopeful, alternately hopeful and frightened, and it's just been exhausting."

"It's devastating. It's like reliving that day all over again," said Kara Jacobs, Pitzen's aunt.

Jacobs said Timmothy's father, who now lives in Iowa, "is devastated once again."

Jacobs and Anderson both also expressed sympathy for Rini.

Very gracious considering the nature of what's been done.

That article has the brown eyed dark haired "Rini", so who is the fair haired blue eyed "Rini"? Why musgshots of two different men?

I know some of you are very angry. I was stunned at first but now I’m thinking, did I really waste a day obsessing over this? I’m thinking it was not a waste because it was a day spent in hope, and a day spent getting Timmothy’s case information out there to more people.

I still believe Timmothy could be alive somewhere. I’m going to continue with the hope.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back