OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

Discussion in 'Trials' started by AnotherNancyDrew, Apr 3, 2019.

1. sjah

sjah Member

Sorry, posted this while I was reading a few pages back and before the presser (and thanks inmyhumbleopinion for all the great posts about that, I missed it). This case and posts were going so fast it is hard to keep up! Glad to hear he is in jail where he belongs!

2. Saribella

Saribella Well-Known Member

Ugh, he needs a butt kicking

MsArk and dotr like this.
  3. sjah

sjah Member

I agree with you that many of the offenders need psychiatric help and supervision, but I don't know of any long term programs (unless you have big $$) that don't have a revolving door policy where they are treated for a very short time (not long enough to do anything but get them stable for the moment, then release them back into society) where there is a good chance they do just what you said and quit taking their meds. I know long term "mental hospitals" fell out of favor (and there were good arguments about the quality of care the patients were given then) but I think there is a real need to bring them back (surely we can find a way to make sure they are humane now). In the meantime, I would rather have them in jail than out reoffending more innocent people.

Owutatangledweb, MsArk, osu and 4 others like this.
  4. Kadoober

Kadoober I am not grilling you a cheese.

Welp, looks like Brian will be getting away from his own family, just not in the way he wanted.

5. MsGazette

MsGazette Just call me Ms G

I feel horrible for this family and for Timmothy. One more reason why I wish there would be sanctions on the media with sensitive info like this. Much like no “sleuthing” or posting about someone on here until they are confirmed as a POI, nothing should be released by the media on something as sensitive as this until they know for sure. Why on earth would any of us want to put a family through that? I’m sickened by it. IMO.

6. tlcya

tlcya Old and Tired Websleuth

Federal agents said Rini has presented himself as a juvenile victim of sex trafficking twice before this, according to the complaint

Timmothy Pitzen impostor Brian Michael Rini charged, says he learned of case by watching '20/20'

"I haven't talked to him in four years," Jonathon Rini said, adding that neither he nor his mother has had contact with Brian Rini. "I'm not surprised. I mean, he's nuts," he said.

Jonathon Rini said his brother has been in and out of jail from an early age, adding that Brian Rini has several mental health problems.

"He has Asperger's, bipolar disorder, ADHD, the list goes on. He was receiving treatment but then he stopped and started getting in more trouble," he said. "He's been doing stupid stuff, not this serious, but he's been doing stupid stuff for as long as I can remember,"

Police: Man who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen is a 'known schemer’

This man needs help and to get back on his meds pronto

7. CarmelEyesD

CarmelEyesD Well-Known Member

I dont even know what to say...

MT_Catt, MsArk and dotr like this.
  8. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

What is amazing to me is that this man recounted information, including Timothy's middle name and birthdate, to police. Unless he purposefully set out to commit this hoax, he pulled this info from his memory under the duress of questioning. None of us could have done that if we tried. I think it speaks to what it means to be on the spectrum. I hope Rini gets the help that he needs. My heart goes out to the family for what this must have done to them.

9. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I just heard this on the radio,said something about charges interfering with investigation of “sex trafficking of children” . Did anyone else hear this?

10. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Ok, that’s what I thought I heard. Thanks for the verification.

11. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

Smollett perpetrates a huge hoax - no charges.

This guy perpetrates a hoax - jail.

There is no equal justice.

12. Elley Mae

Elley Mae The enemy is here. beware

Ohio man who said he was Timmothy Pitzen charged with federal crime; learned about missing Aurora boy from TV show, authorities say

Ohio man who said he was Timmothy Pitzen charged with federal crime; learned about missing Aurora boy from TV show, authorities say

If convicted on charges of lying to a federal officer, Rini could face up to eight years in prison because the charges involve lying about a material matter related to an investigation that involves sex trafficking of children, Glassman said.

13. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

There is PLENTY of cases that can be listed where Hoaxer gets minimal punishment if any at all. This is an incorrect insinuation that you are trying to make.
    Facts matter.

14. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

I wonder if this guy enjoys attention from LE?
    Perhaps his mental illness drives him to commit non violent crimes. Idk. Just a guess

15. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

$$$$ and who you know. This guy, Reni, clearly needs comprehensive mental health treatment.

girlhasnoname, neesaki, abr and 3 others like this.
  16. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Or maybe he needs the structure of a prison-like environment? Just another guess.

neesaki, TatianaBarbie, mrz and 3 others like this.
  17. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

He very well might like prison life.
    He did ask for LE to be called, lied to them, he knew he would end up going to jail.

18. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I thought the exact same thing. It makes no sense to me at all.

neesaki, abr, nannymo and 3 others like this.
  19. PinkPrincessPoop

PinkPrincessPoop Well-Known Member

I know there are some people who purposely want to go to jail to have a place to sleep and some food.

20. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, they also enjoy the structured environment, camaraderie, always people to hang out with, no isolation. A community of peers.