OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by dotr, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I listened to the podcast long ago and don't recall that detail. If you can provide an approximate time for that quote, feel free to share the information.

GoBuckeyes and dotr like this.

2. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I have listened to it, and I don't find Kelly to be an unbiased source.

Looking4Brian likes this.
  3. MysteryMaven

MysteryMaven Well-Known Member

Ok I am re-listening to Kelly’s interview with Ret. Sgt. Hurst.
    Hurst in his own words says that LE “put a ping” on Brian’s phone the Monday after his disappearance. It did ping twice. It could be 3 times though because he mentions a “west side ping” a “Kenny Ln ping” and Kelly brings up the search at Scioto-Darby Creek and he is a bit vague if that was due to a ping. So that is a question mark on that one.
    Hurst himself and another LEO “Edwards” checked Kenny Ln according to Hurst due to the ping there.
    Kelly asked if any of the pings were Sat. Or Sunday but he doesn’t say yes or no.
    He does say the phone did not communicate with any towers in the morning of the disappearance. He doesn’t give an exact answer.
    He says they can only speculate as to why the phone was not in communication, powered down, dead battery, etc.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  4. MysteryMaven

I am not sure one can deduce that the phone was “moving”when listening to Hurst’s exact words. He says the technology was not as good then as it is now.

5. MysteryMaven

Hurst said at that time a phone could ping off a tower 20 miles away too. I don’t really know what to make of all of this other than the phone appeared to be in the Columbus, Ohio area for a time after Brian’s disappearance. I also got the impression Hurst was holding information back.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  6. tyrnill

tyrnill New Member

This guy did it: Drunk man survives being compacted in dumpster TWICE after falling asleep inside recycling box | Daily Mail Online

And it appears that this guy did as well: Disappearance of Corrie McKeague - Wikipedia

But I agree with you that it's not at all common, and I tend to think it's not the explanation here.

7. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

It seems odd to me that we have never heard from any of the people working the construction site. They'd be the best witnesses to what the site was like at the time Brian disappeared. Hurst didn't see it until a couple of days later, and it could have been transformed quite a bit by then.

8. StillDiggin

StillDiggin Well-Known Member

Eds covering this case on Friday from unfound. i think there is exclusives in the interview. Interview is not with family members but a guest blogger. I cant wait for it.

9. Looking4Brian

Looking4Brian Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I have posted here. I love how many conversations have happened since I’ve been gone. I see there are still a lot of questions about the phone pinging. I am working on answers for everyone and will have an episode of the podcast coming out within the next month explaining this from someone more qualified than myself. Friday there will be an episode about Brian on Unfound Podcast. It’s an interview I did with my friend Ed, who is the host. Lol. It’s a very long interview. In September the CNN show, Real Life Nightmares will feature an hour long segment on Brian’s disappearance as well. I’m still working behind the scenes with a great team that I have put together. The pings are our primary focus with some new small details that have come to light. I’m crossing my fingers that this will lead to something!!

10. Looking4Brian

We know the cell phone charger was at Brian’s apartment plugged into the wall when he went missing. However, no one can/will tell me if the charger was there after the apartment break in.

11. Looking4Brian

I’m sure there will be a lot of rehashing with a couple new to the public details. I’m grateful for any attention Brian’s case gets and hope my work helps bring answers one day!

12. Looking4Brian

Thank you! Yes John Hurst can be heard explaining the phone pings in small details on the podcast. We have had several phone and text conversations when we weren’t recording that have a few more details on the pings and locations of the towers. These pings are what my team are currently working on.

13. Looking4Brian

I’m sorry you feel this way. I try to be as unbiased as possible when investigating all the theories. The facts I have learned along with conversations I have had often lead me to lean one way more than another.

14. Looking4Brian

You are right. There was a directional flow that was reported as part of the data packet that was sent to Brian’s phone from Cingular wireless. CPD was then given a report that detailed everything including the signal strength or distance to each tower pinged and the directional flow or movement to the towers.

15. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

With all due respect, you seem to want badly to believe that Brian is still alive. There have been times when you've drawn conclusions that point in that direction a little too quickly, with scant evidence or with evidence that could just as easily be interpreted differently. You seem to be guilty of confirmation bias at times.
    I don't want Brian to be dead, but I don't want him to be alive either—I don't wish for any particular outcome; I just want to go where the evidence takes me.

16. Looking4Brian

Lol. I actually agree with you about something! Sometimes I do let the circumstantial evidence pointing to Brian being alive excite me a little too much, but all theories are always present in my investigation. If you remember I have always said I either believe Brian walked away from his life or he was killed by someone he knew. I don’t touch base on the latter due to the can of worms it would open with the person I suspect. Without proof, it’s just another theory with circumstantial evidence that makes it plausible.

17. Falkner77

Falkner77 Active Member

Yikes. Probably should have stopped there.

Whatever the truth may be.. for Derek, Brian’s nephews and Brian’s remaining family/friends’ sakes if anyone doesn’t want him to be alive on a human level what are we doing here?

Thanks for the updates Kelly @Looking4Brian . Your hard work will pay off!

18. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

:eek::confused:o_O;)

Falkner77, dotr and StillDiggin like this.
  19. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

I'm here to solve the case. I don't even think in terms of wishing for a particular outcome. I only care about analyzing the evidence.

bluenoser, dotr and Old Mozez like this.
  20. Old Mozez

Old Mozez Well-Known Member

Have you found anything so far suggesting he even got out of the Gateway building that night? Donno what to make of Hurst’s comment that he probably got exited out. What does it even mean .

MysteryMaven and dotr like this.