OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gone back and had a look a the previous version of this footage that we'd all seen before. I can't imagine why it was cropped the way it was... I mean the point of interest is what Brian was doing when last seen, and which way he headed. Why crop it in a way that so much of that vision is obstructed? Is this interaction that we're picking up on now something that was known to LE (which it had to be), but withheld from the public?

Just another thing I want to mention, because I thought of it right after my last post... when you're grabbing something like a cell phone out of a deep pocket you have to reach right in to get it. But when you're putting it back in... depending on the type of pocket you only have to drop it in. It's not something you necessarily have to put your hand right back into your pocket to do. Does anyone see that as a possibility from what we can now see in the footage?

Sorry for my prolific posting today folks, but I have one more question... can we be absolutely sure from the footage that when Brian goes to put his hands on his hips, that hand really is empty? Or is the cell phone still in it?

Just another thing I want to mention, because I thought of it right after my last post... when you're grabbing something like a cell phone out of a deep pocket you have to reach right in to get it. But when you're putting it back in... depending on the type of pocket you only have to drop it in. It's not something you necessarily have to put your hand right back into your pocket to do. Does anyone see that as a possibility from what we can now see in the footage?

That was definitely my thought, regarding him essentially just 'dropping' it back into his pocket. I also am not sure where everyone is getting all this purse action from...his hand does seem to reach toward the girl but I don't even see the purse at that point, much less see him distinctly putting something into it.

P.S. The way he looks at the phone seems like he is checking the time. Something you might very quickly slip your phone out of your pocket to do only to drop it right back in after.

Sorry for my prolific posting today folks, but I have one more question... can we be absolutely sure from the footage that when Brian goes to put his hands on his hips, that hand really is empty? Or is the cell phone still in it?

To me it looks like the item is still in his hand it looks like he has a fist on his hip with the phone or whatever gripped in his palm. It's not cut and dry that it even is a phone to me, did Brian or the woman smoke? It could be a novelty type of cigarette lighter or some other item.

Also, people say he puts it inside her bag/purse but how do we know the purse is right there by his hand because the woman goes completely off camera, she could have turned around while off camera and the purse is facing the other way away from his hand and he is reaching in that direction for some other reason.

I’m not convinced.

But what I do find interesting from this clip, is the guy to the right of Brian who turns pretty much all the way around to look at him in almost disbelief. As if he had just said something crazy.

If he has dropped his phone in the bag it means the girls have kept this secret for all these years. If police had the phone they surely would of told Alexis, who was continuing to call it for months after his disappearance.
Dont think the video necessary shows this happen tho but if it does it opens up a new set of questions.

Brian 100% puts his phone in Brightan’s purse. I cannot believe this very obvious fact could’ve been discovered years ago had we seen the uncropped footage. Unbelievable.

Again, this does not “100%” show anything IMO, based on the graininess of the video. I think we shouldn’t make such claims of certainty when it’s far from certain.

If he has dropped his phone in the bag it means the girls have kept this secret for all these years. If police had the phone they surely would of told Alexis, who was continuing to call it for months after his disappearance.
Dont think the video necessary shows this happen tho but if it does it opens up a new set of questions.

Right, that’s what I mean.

So not only is Clint, in many peoples minds, withholding information on Brian’s whereabouts after all these years but now a complete stranger to Brian has allegedly had possession of his phone All. These. Years but somehow never noticed or reported it.

This quite frankly sounds straight up nuts.

I do think this video is a bit odd, as well as the look he gives towards the police officer. As if he’s up to no good.

Right, that’s what I mean.

So not only is Clint, in many peoples minds, withholding information on Brian’s whereabouts after all these years but now a complete stranger to Brian has allegedly had possession of his phone All. These. Years but somehow never noticed or reported it.

This quite frankly sounds straight up nuts.

I do think this video is a bit odd, as well as the look he gives towards the police officer. As if he’s up to no good.

He seems like he's on molly/X. Lots of smiles, moving around a lot kinda spastically, not quite all there (but there enough to have some worries if a cop sees him acting goofy).

Edit: I guess you can't actually see his smile, but it seems like we would have some kind of goofy grin on his face.

The video of him and the 2 women always stuck out to me. It looks like he said something that offended one of them and they turned to leave and the other woman was trying to get her to stay or something then she also turns to leave and he seems to reach out to stop her. IMO So glad we are discussing this though cuz I wasn't sure what to think. Is it true that he gave his number to one of them??

The red mark is where the first set of pings were in the west campus area near the cell tower at Lane Ave/Kenny Rd and the blue mark is the later series of pings/phone ringing near the cell tower at Scioto Darby Creek/the I-270 west belt.
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this map.

Additionally, if anybody missed the HLN program (like I did!) it looks like it will be re-airing on this Sunday 12/5 at 8pm and again at 11pm.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this map.

Additionally, if anybody missed the HLN program (like I did!) it looks like it will be re-airing on this Sunday 12/5 at 8pm and again at 11pm.

It would be a good idea, for anyone who can do so, to DVR it if they want to get a really good look that exchange between Brian and the two girls.
One of the things making it difficult to fully see what's going on is that most of us are watching a video of a video. I'm not asking for people to repost post it anywhere, but if anyone wants to play it back for themselves at slow speed and tell us what you see I'd be interested to know.

It would be a good idea, for anyone who can do so, to DVR it if they want to get a really good look that exchange between Brian and the two girls.
One of the things making it difficult to fully see what's going on is that most of us are watching a video of a video. I'm not asking for people to repost post it anywhere, but if anyone wants to play it back for themselves at slow speed and tell us what you see I'd be interested to know.

This is the clearest footage I’ve seen. Ed from the Unfound podcast posted it on his page. You can clearly see frame-by-frame what Brian is doing.

This is the clearest footage I’ve seen. Ed from the Unfound podcast posted it on his page. You can clearly see frame-by-frame what Brian is doing.

No matter how many times you say Brian put his phone in her purse, doesn’t make it necessarily true. Arrin Stoner made a video on it and even he thinks it’s very inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong