OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late Saturday afternoon, volunteers found a bone in a wooded area on the city's east side, NBC 4's Mikaela Hunt reported.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-08-25-0002.html

Anyone hear what they determined about the bone that was found?

I've been checking the news channels websites, the Dispatch and watching 10TV news but so far, nothing. You'd think that they would have determined if it was a human bone or animal bone by now and would release that information but maybe not.

Here's something today from Channel 4...No news, but Equusearch wrapped up their search and are thinking of moving part of their operations here to central Ohio! Maybe they will search for those 2 elderly women from Ohio who are missing too...that would be wonderful! They don't say anything about any results from their search for Brian or Tony Luzio though.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/search.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-09-04-0007.html

Here's something today from Channel 4...No news, but Equusearch wrapped up their search and are thinking of moving part of their operations here to central Ohio! Maybe they will search for those 2 elderly women from Ohio who are missing too...that would be wonderful! They don't say anything about any results from their search for Brian or Tony Luzio though.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/search.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-09-04-0007.html

I guess no news is good news? The below sentence is a quote from the link you posted liz. That is pretty cool if they use Cols as a hub for their operations. Thank you for posting the link.

Officials at Central Ohio Crime Stoppers said that Equusearch might use Columbus as a hub for their operations, NBC 4's Mikaela Hunt reported.

I guess no news is good news? The below sentence is a quote from the link you posted liz. That is pretty cool if they use Cols as a hub for their operations. Thank you for posting the link.

Officials at Central Ohio Crime Stoppers said that Equusearch might use Columbus as a hub for their operations, NBC 4's Mikaela Hunt reported.

I thought it was great news about Equusearch possibly using Cols as a hub. The article also said there were over 900 missing adults from Ohio alone..that's just unbelievable!

I don't really get this case theres too many what if's and not enough facts they know he was out with friends at which point did these "friends last see him" and what was he doing who was he with was he drinking alot was he depressed? what girls was he talking to on the escalator? none of this makes sense knowing his state of mind would be a plus we know his mother recently passed, medical school isn't exactly easy did he want to get away for a while? I went on his website and the information there isn't much better however in his graduate photos with his mom and with his dad he's got some sign thing he is doing with his hand whats that about

O.K. after reading through several articles I read one that states a homeless man reportedly had seen him 4 days after his disappearance if this is true or could be true maybe brian slipped into some form of depression making him not want to be around people for a while and has all the area hospitals been checked if he was possibly admitted for psych problems and failed to identify himself? could he have still gone to florida? are the train tracks there active? could he have hopped on one and rode away somewhere? what did he do during his time in puerto rico is there any chance he could have returned there?

O.K. after reading through several articles I read one that states a homeless man reportedly had seen him 4 days after his disappearance if this is true or could be true maybe brian slipped into some form of depression making him not want to be around people for a while and has all the area hospitals been checked if he was possibly admitted for psych problems and failed to identify himself? could he have still gone to florida? are the train tracks there active? could he have hopped on one and rode away somewhere? what did he do during his time in puerto rico is there any chance he could have returned there?

I've thought about him just disappearing because he was depressed but the more I read about him, and the kind of person he was, the less I see this as someone just taking off because he wanted to sort some things out. I can't imagine him staying gone this long without contacting his family. He would have to know how upset his father and brother and girlfriend would be if he took off because he needed some space and then did not contact anyone for over a year. It's possible maybe that's how it started out, he wanted some time alone and he took off and then met with foul play or he could have fallen and suffered a head injury and he doesn't know who he is. I think that is a very distinct possibility. I'm sure they have checked all the hospitals in Columbus. But for him to disappear for this long to have some time to himself, I just can't see him doing that and causing all this worry.

O.K. I read something about an ex-girlfriend in texas? and how often did brian frequent the ugly tuna? did he know the owners? and since it was spring break is it possible he caught a ride to florida anyway? for some reason florida just stands out as his possible location I really believe he is still alive and when people go through traumatic events along with the added pressures of medical school It really is possible to leave family and friends behind and take off it wouldn't be the first time it has happened he had to have been thinking it since he "jokingly asked his girlfriend to run away and get married

This case is really starting to bother me so many questions if anyone is up to date on this case I would like to get some blanks filled in did clint go to osu who is meredith what color is her hair and did she go to osu? after reading several articles I came across one psychic reading that states he is near a shallow area of water not wooded but open however he is near a public place, and that he was hurt about 4 months later another psychic said he was near water also not far and mentions trees and also says he was hurt anyone live in columbus and heard of cousins army? with freshly planted trees? has these areas been looked at? the picture of the girl drawn by one psychic looks like the girl last seen talking to brian on the video coincidence? I am now starting to believe that brian did meet with foul play and clint knows about it what kind of friend bad mouths you when you are missing? never does he look the guy in the eye on the dateline video he's always looking straight down or to the left or right no emotion no nothing he is a shady character and then he just leaves the state completely reminds me of I know what you did last summer in order to keep the secret everyone separates I think clint knows more than hes telling and either brian had an accident in the construction area near the ugly tuna or he was hit by a car I just hope we can end this soon and give his family closure

This case is really starting to bother me so many questions if anyone is up to date on this case I would like to get some blanks filled in did clint go to osu who is meredith what color is her hair and did she go to osu? after reading several articles I came across one psychic reading that states he is near a shallow area of water not wooded but open however he is near a public place, and that he was hurt about 4 months later another psychic said he was near water also not far and mentions trees and also says he was hurt anyone live in columbus and heard of cousins army? with freshly planted trees? has these areas been looked at? the picture of the girl drawn by one psychic looks like the girl last seen talking to brian on the video coincidence? I am now starting to believe that brian did meet with foul play and clint knows about it what kind of friend bad mouths you when you are missing? never does he look the guy in the eye on the dateline video he's always looking straight down or to the left or right no emotion no nothing he is a shady character and then he just leaves the state completely reminds me of I know what you did last summer in order to keep the secret everyone separates I think clint knows more than hes telling and either brian had an accident in the construction area near the ugly tuna or he was hit by a car I just hope we can end this soon and give his family closure

I don't personally know enough about this case to answer your questions. But perhaps if you wrote the questions in a legible form, and use complete sentences, someone might take the time to answer you.

thanks for your input, however since most of the time I am on duty excuse me if I am in a rush to ask questions or type in reply's. As my time is unpredictable.

thanks for your input, however since most of the time I am on duty excuse me if I am in a rush to ask questions or type in reply's. As my time is unpredictable.

What do you do?

Well for 12 years I served in the military (law enforcement) and since getting out let's just say I still work in law enforcement for the governement

I live in Ohio and have been reading this case, but have never posted until now.

But have to ask, has anyone identified the bone that was found if it was human or animal??

Everytime I watch an Ohio State game I think of Brian and his family. I have such a high esteem for them on how they have coped since Brian went missing.

matknee:

Are you in a position to help on this case, albeit "unknown" since you work for the federal government?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong