OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As crazy as the construction site scenario seems.. there was a local case where a guy literally vanished. They dug in the area he was last seen (construction site) and found nothing. Years later thy were digging around the same area and they found him. He had fallen in I guess and buried. Foul play was ruled out. Hard to imagine but ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Would you mind shedding more light into this? I don't think I have ever heard of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure. Here’s that story.

http://www.inforum.com/news/3755787...struction-site-confirmed-missing-man-2012?amp

Good grief, how horrible. We do know in this case that they were back-filling the area. That's one of the questions I've had about the construction area where Brian disappeared, what stage of construction was it in at that time? Just something that would be helpful to know if we want to try and compare it to what happened to what happened to Eric Haider. That poor man, I can't even imagine. Sounds like the guy backfilling was on his cell phone. :shakehead:

Here are more links, quite interesting how one of the workers became quiet and got an attorney.... sound familiar ?

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Disappearance-of-Eric-Haider-A-workplace-mystery-402538096.html

http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/...er-Family-searches-for-answers-402765666.html
Private investigators hired by the Suchans found his body with the use of cadaver dogs.
Investigators found Haider’s body less than 10 feet away from where police originally dug in 2012.
Police narratives state: "The body faced a water pipeline, the same one Eric’s crew was installing at the time of his disappearance.”
He was found in a crouched position with his wallet, work helmet and several other items.
In the autopsy, pathologists stated: “Positioning of the body at the time of excavation is suggestive of the decedent working on a pipe at the time of demise.”
His pacemaker indicated his death was around 12:19 p.m. on May 24, 2012, which is five minutes after coworkers started backfilling a hole that day.
The cause of death? Left undetermined.
“Because we couldn’t tell those differences; whether he died from the burial, whether he died before, whether he was incapacitated, we left it undetermined,“ said Dr. Mary Ann Sens, University of North Dakota pathologist.
Shortly after Haider was found, Dickinson Police contacted his former coworkers. It was now a criminal investigation.
They narrowed it down to two men who were backfilling the ditch the day Haider went missing.
The department was able to interview one of them, but the other remained silent and contacted his attorney.
The cause of death? Left undetermined.
“Because we couldn’t tell those differences; whether he died from the burial, whether he died before, whether he was incapacitated, we left it undetermined,“ said Dr. Mary Ann Sens, University of North Dakota pathologist.
Shortly after Haider was found, Dickinson Police contacted his former coworkers. It was now a criminal investigation.
They narrowed it down to two men who were backfilling the ditch the day Haider went missing.
The department was able to interview one of them, but the other remained silent and contacted his attorney.

My apologies for the double posting of that quote from the article in my post above. The quote that is outside of the quotes, I have no idea how that happened. :thinking:

There was some speculation by some of course on how that could have happened. I will dig for the article on Eric that was written later by a construction foreman who, if memory serves me right, didn’t think it was possible to not see something or someone in a hole that was being filled. Not sure but I think others are skeptical of the accidental theory. However LE is not and the case is closed. I don’t remember reading about the construction situation in Brian’s case... I will have to go back and brush up on that. It does seem like people would look in the hole before they fill it .. but maybe not ?

I went through the entire Pearl Jam Brian Shaffer thread, it seemed interesting, some of the people who posted in the thread, set up fundraisers to keep awareness of the case, but still we are at square one. Some interesting angles, one person who said that they had been in touch wit hthe family, and private investigators, stated that they believed Brian was still alive, but obviously didnt want to be found, and baiscally the friend clint basically has shut up shop.

I did come across some random thing while searching about a "medium", who claims that Brian Shaffer was in scioto river, like that guy Joey Labute, I dont know how much trust you would put in these "mediums", I did read up about an old missing persons case here, young guy went missing after a night out, going by the archived news reports at the time, his family was told to seek out a medium, who told the fmaily that he was still alive in Scotland; over 6 years after he wnet missing they found the missing guys remains, whyen excating an area prior to constructing a new building, coroner listed death as "suspicious".

Obviously the "medium" wasnt much good in that case.

That's just unbelievable! How did this guy ever end up there and how did the crew not see his body? It's just hard for me to grasp that! I still do not believe that Brian ended up dead, hidden somewhere in the construction area. LE searched the bar and related areas, there is just no way they didn't see a body there if there was one to be found! It's a body, damn it... you just can't miss the smell of a corpse...

I went through the entire Pearl Jam Brian Shaffer thread, it seemed interesting, some of the people who posted in the thread, set up fundraisers to keep awareness of the case, but still we are at square one. Some interesting angles, one person who said that they had been in touch wit hthe family, and private investigators, stated that they believed Brian was still alive, but obviously didnt want to be found, and baiscally the friend clint basically has shut up shop.

I did come across some random thing while searching about a "medium", who claims that Brian Shaffer was in scioto river, like that guy Joey Labute, I dont know how much trust you would put in these "mediums", I did read up about an old missing persons case here, young guy went missing after a night out, going by the archived news reports at the time, his family was told to seek out a medium, who told the fmaily that he was still alive in Scotland; over 6 years after he wnet missing they found the missing guys remains, whyen excating an area prior to constructing a new building, coroner listed death as "suspicious".

Obviously the "medium" wasnt much good in that case.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of these self-claimed "mediums" are of no value in bringing any information. The sad part is, they still manipulate people, give false hope and are motivated by self-interest. I hate to see gullible, hurting people turning to them to only get showered with lies and deceit.

That's just unbelievable! How did this guy ever end up there and how did the crew not see his body? It's just hard for me to grasp that! I still do not believe that Brian ended up dead, hidden somewhere in the construction area. LE searched the bar and related areas, there is just no way they didn't see a body there if there was one to be found! It's a body, damn it... you just can't miss the smell of a corpse...

Not convinced that Brian was buried in construction at the bar, but there is this troubling case, rbbm.
[video=cnn;crime/2013/07/02/pkg-human-remains-found.ynn-albany]http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/02/justice/new-york-body-false-wall/index.html[/video]
Missing woman's body found 28 years later, behind false wall
July 3, 2013
The hidden skeleton of a woman who had been missing for 28 years came to light when a contractor cleaned out a vacant home in the Town of Poughkeepsie, New York.

The gruesome find was uncovered behind a 'false wall' in the basement of the home the woman had shared with her late husband, police said.
Joann Nichols' remains were found inside a large plastic bin, inside a plastic bag and wrapped in a sheet, said Dr. Kari Reiber, the Dutchess County Medical Examiner.

Sealing the body in the plastic bin behind a false wall might have been enough to mask the smell as the body decomposed, she said.

Dotr, unless somebody killed that guy and intentionally hid his body there... there is no way he ended up there by accident.

If he is there, doubt it is by accident as he would be more likely to be found by now, but if someone else did something to him, they could/would do the things that would conceal him.
It would not hurt for authorities to have another really good look at the place, but still thinking that something strange happened when he returned to the bar.
So who were those security guys near the escalator anyway?
imo, speculation.

I think the same way, they searched it within the first few days , hard to see how they wouldn't have found him there.

I think I've asked this before, does anyone know if that building has a basement ?

I think I've asked this before, does anyone know if that building has a basement ?

Neesaki, I can't say for 100%... But from what I've read, there was no basement. It could be helpful to seek the answer from a person who has either been there before or worked at that bar. But yeah, I'm pretty sure there was no basement.

If he is there, doubt it is by accident as he would be more likely to be found by now, but if someone else did something to him, they could/would do the things that would conceal him.
It would not hurt for authorities to have another really good look at the place, but still thinking that something strange happened when he returned to the bar.
So who were those security guys near the escalator anyway?
imo, speculation.

About the security guys... Mmm, yeah, I have heard the 'stopping people from going to the movie area' before, but I believe it was also mentioned that it wasn't even open back in the day. To me, they do not appear to be strange, and I have not observed anything about them that I thought was odd. Someone point out oddities if you think there are any because I do not see anything unusual or out of place about them at all. They look like they are observing people come and go.

It would be awesome if all the footage recovered by LE was available to the public. Would be great if it was looked at from outside of a LE perspective.

Has anyone ever thought that Brian's murder/disappearance could have been premeditated? Is it possible that someone wanted him there to be able to get rid of him afterwards?

In one of the "Search for the Missing" Podcasts, a question was raised, what other businesses were in that building in April 2006? (Other than The Ugly Tuna Saloona?) And what were the construction areas building?

Satch

New thread for Brian is long overdue. Please continue discussion at Thread #3 found here.

I've moved a few posts over and this thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member