OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by dotr, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Brainy

Brainy Member

Satch,

If he happens to know what happened to Brian, and that information does not implicate him in any manner, why does he refuse to talk?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. embufum

embufum Well-Known Member

Not sure if I understand you correctly. You say going to a friends house with out his permission is not normal then you say that you would make every effort to locate him including go to his place? Am I reading that wrong or do you mean going there when they are missing?

At the time Clint went to Brian's house I don't think at that point Clint was thinking he was missing? When I included my example and said I would break in that was based on a couple things. First if his car was there that would make me assume he was there. Second because he had been drinking heavily the night before maybe he fell or was unconscious. At that point I would be panicking and I would NOT want to waste time calling people if he was in dire need of help. I'd worry later about being in trouble for breaking in.

3. Brainy

Brainy Member

I meant physically entering someone's house without their permission.

4. embufum

I don't think he knows. It was Clint's attorney that claimed Brian was alive based on a detective that he talked to. Brian's dad Randy hired a PI and both the PI and Randy also thought Brian was alive. Someone mentioned that Clint moved around a few times since Brian went missing but from what I can find these moves were all related to Clint's schooling and being job related.

5. embufum

I see thanks for clarifying that. Now go to bed. lol

6. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Exactly!

Clint, if you are so innocent, talk, clear the air. End the speculation so that closure can be found.

Satch

7. embufum

I'm not sure why some people think that either Clint knows where Brian is or he killed him. What about he just doesn't know? I am in no way defending him I just think it possible he has no clue. I would bet my house that when they questioned Clint they would want to know if they had done any drugs that night. Clint could just be trying to protect his future. People seem to forget he was questioned by the police already. Maybe he lied and said they hadn't done any drugs that night and if they asked him again during the test they would know he was lying.

I play this over in my head and I can't even see how Brian would have told Clint that he was leaving forever that night. I think it would have been a lot easier and safer for Brian to do it on his own. I wonder if Brian's brother ever tried to talk to Clint? Even if he doesn't know where he is I wonder if there is anything he might be able to remember that may help.

8. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

From what I remember, Alexis, Derek, and Alexis' father (I think his name is Tom) all believe that Clint knows exactly what happened to Brian. Clint also stopped looking for Brian very early into the investigation. It is POSSIBLE that he never even looked for Brian following the times that we already know confirmed by LE. His responses to people are cold, script-like, and thoughtless, in the isolated times that he may talk. And that is ONLY if questioned about the case. Can we find that interview link and post the URL to hear Clint talk? You listen to this, and it is chilling concerning his apathy.

Satch

9. embufum

Thanks Satch. So I have to ask (rhetorically obviously) what would make 4 people believe that Clint knows exactly what happened that night. Based on police interviews the police have no idea although they have some theories. Obviously Brian's loved ones are assuming here.

According to Clint's attorney the investigator that he spoke to told him that they believed Brian to be alive. He then said that it is Brian not Clint that is causing the pain and heartache for his family not Clint. This is huge. What's just a huge IMO is the Randy's PI that he hired also believed along with Randy that Brian is alive.

This is where all kinds of questions and speculation come into play. So assuming Brian is alive or at least was at that time why would the police want him to take a LDT? It wouldn't be to ask him if he killed Brian since they suspect him to be alive based on info that they have not disclosed and I'm sure for good reason. I'll assume they would want to know, do you know if Brian is alive and if so do you know where he is and why he left?

Now, if Clint has no idea then it ends there. If he does know what happened it would have to be because Brian told him or maybe Clint didn't know but they (the police) suspect that Brian has been in touch with Clint after he went missing!!! So if that would be the case what would make Clint keep such a secret? Clint may be an obnoxious sarcastic butthole but if Brian is alive and Clint knows where he is at isn't it Brian's choice to get in touch with his loved one's? What would possess Brian to not only leave but have total disregard for his family and loved ones?

10. Brainy

Brainy Member

I would love to have a different impression but Clint's behavior has made it more than obvious that he doesn't care, plain & simple. Now, everyone may choose to interpret his behavior differently. In my opinion, it really shows he never gave a damn about Brian, and he moved himself away because he is a self-serving, egotistical person wanting to save his own ass. Actions do speak louder than words.

11. embufum

Sorry I wanted to make a correction and it was too late. I said 4 people and it was 3. I also just realized that these three people were not the ones that I mentioned who believe Brian to be alive. Not sure if that is coincidental or not since you would think that Randy would tell his son and Alexis everything that he knew.

12. embufum

I don't disagree at all, but this may be another reason he doesn't care. If he knows Brian is alive do you think he is going to really take any of this seriously?

13. Brainy

Brainy Member

Yes, but why act the way that he has been to draw more attention to himself? Someone even slightly astute would understand that such strategy has a very high potential of turning toxic. If he knew Brian was alive, he could just pretty much tell the cops but omit mentioning his whereabouts (if he knew). That's it. Even if he did know Brian was alive, that doesn't explain why he was acting so thoughtless, apathetic and cold.

14. embufum

I know what you mean. I noticed it right away in his interview right after Brian disappeared. He was just so nonchalant about it all. I think that's just the way he is kind of a smug guy. Maybe that's why Randy didn't like him. The more I delve into this the more I see IMO that this whole thing is just odd and I get the feeling there is a lot we do not know.

15. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Got to take that quite with a grain of salt. It's from Clint's attorney, who is obligated to present the best defense for his client. He's not going to put Clint in a bad light. Of course he's going to say Brian is alive. He wants to take suspicion off of Clint, and disassociate Clint with anything having to do with Brian's case.

Satch

16. Ozoner

Ozoner Well-Known Member

BBM

No, for him to sit and wait means that he wanted people to believe that he didn't know what happened.

Snipped

Going to a friend's house without permission and knocking on the door to see whether he's home isn't abnormal. Waiting around for six hours is beyond abnormal. That's aberrant and, quite frankly, downright creepy.

Clint decided he would play the role of the concerned friend, but he went too far. He overacted and gave himself away. And that's if he really waited in his car. As Satch mentioned, he may have actually been inside cleaning up the scene of Brian's murder.

17. Blue Girl1991

Blue Girl1991 Well-Known Member

Clint behaviour,acting so thoughtless, apathetic and cold ,
    This behavior indicates him as the main suspect.

Clint is apathetic and cold becouse in his point of view killing Brian was Justified( it was probably killing with lots of rage, very personal. Clint can't fake a concern for his friend probably becouse there is something about his character which prevent him for doing so and he knows it ,he know that due to his behaviour he looks like a suspect so he takes a lawyer to hide behind him thinking that even if he looks like a suspect he will be safe with the layer defence, sadly until now he was right.

As for Brian, I don't think that a person who want to start a new life and disconnect his connection with his family and with the love of his life ,going to have fun in a bar ,acting friendly and talking to people, have a good mood and then just vanished to the thin air by his choice.

This case is really very hunting also becouse it's a real mystery when someone going to a pub with friends and vanished, of course there are cases when you have dramatic twists and the main suspect suddenly becomes innocent and the killer is someone which you never thought about him as the killer, but sometimes even with what looks like a very complicated case the killer is the one who looks as the main suspect from the start and a person who was very close to the missing person, I Believe that this is the case here.

18. george14

george14 Member

No disrespect, but these are some pretty hefty accusations with no evidence.

I agree that Clint certainly knows something, but the question is how major is it? I've worked in probation and I'm also an attorney, you would be amazed at petty things people lie about circled around major investigations. It could be something like they smoked weed and Clint was worried about getting in trouble with the law, which could affect med school or his career as a doctor. Or, it could be that he personally killed Brian, who knows?

You're acting like it's a certainty Clint did something to Brian. No evidence points to that at all. Like I said though, there is a near 100% chance he is hiding something.

19. embufum

Strongly disagree on this. No attorney is going to lie about what a detective told him especially someone local who works with them daily. Plus as I mentioned Randy and the PI.

20. embufum

"going to a friend's house without permission and knocking on the door to see whether he's home isn't abnormal. Waiting around for six hours is beyond abnormal. That's aberrant and, quite frankly, downright creepy."

LMAO I thought the same thing but I think it was for a different reason. I don't think Clint had a clue at that point where Brain went and I do think that he liked Brian beyond just a friend. I also think that Brian new Clint was gay. Someone posted a while back who was from the area and said it was pretty much common knowledge Clint was gay.

I have had through the years quite a few friends who are gay. Two of them who had kind of hit on me but I never once thought I was in danger of them killing me if I didn't reciprocate their flirting towards me. I think some people and I'm not referring to you think that if someone is gay especially if they are male that they are going to come after you if they like you. lol For the record I wondered early on before I knew that Clint was gay if Brian was possibly gay or maybe struggling with his sexuality. Finding out that he had a gay friend was a little shocking to me because of my earlier thoughts about Brian possibly being gay.

Maybe Him and Clint had a moment when they were both drunk who knows. How many girls on here have had a guy flirt with them and it never went any further or maybe it did but not to any great degree and that was the end. Did you feel that your life was in danger if you didn't say for example refused to go on a date with them? I don't think Clint wanted to kill Brian because Brian didn't want to be his boyfriend.

Yes I do think Clint acted very odd in his interview that I saw and he probably is a very sarcastic person by nature. I think he mentioned Brian "doing his thing" as he said and talking to girls was him (Clint) being a little jealous and needed to throw that in there. He also mentioned how they drank a lot of alcohol, again an mature response IMO to kind of show off. "look at me I'm a hard partier". Maybe he spent years trying to fit in with society and didn't know of any other way fit in but to have an attitude that would make people notice him and give him attention even if it was in a negative fashion.