OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by dotr, Oct 13, 2017.

1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Rbbm.
    Bumping this awesome timeline and wondering about the " tall white man".

2. embufum

embufum Well-Known Member

I heard about this but not anything about two black males. Either way not enough info for us to even consider.

Were the two black men at the bar also or were they just leaving the building behind him ?

Did this mans clothes match Brian's and why the doubt if it was him? The photo should be clear enough to at least see what type of clothing. This leads me to believe they think he may have changed clothes.

What time was the photo taken?

Where they all on the escalator.

They "found" footage but have said that everyone entering the bar was accounted for leaving. If this is true then this footage has to be from another camera and maybe not even inside the building at all.

Very vague info. They should at least posted this photo on line years ago.

6. The police did find footage on Saturday morning of a tall white man leaving Ugly Tuna, followed by two black men. When they froze the frame and blew up the photo, however, Brian's friends and family did not think the image was of Brian.

7. He purposefully changed his appearance and escaped detection. However, police have said they examined the video for this and couldn't find any other person who exited who could've been Brian.

These two seem to contradict each other. How can everyone be accounted for then they say there is one guy that might be Brian. Like I said this has to be from another camera.

3. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Forgot about that "rumour " concerning two AAs.
    It is within this re posted link, not quoting the debunked? passage, as it is quite rude.
    http://narrative.ly/a-guy-walks-into-a-barand-is-never-seen-again/
    http://narrative.ly/a-guy-walks-into-a-barand-is-never-seen-again/

4. Brainy

Brainy Active Member

yeah, waiting around for six hours... that's stalking! &... that's a pretty passive way of "worrying about" one's friend. Under normal circumstances, a real friend would be frantically calling his friends and family to find out if they had seen him, go to his school, places he usually visits, etc... but not wait around for six hours... and he has never said what he was doing there for six hours.

I'm thinking that perhaps Clint thought that it could have helped him to have some kind of alibi.

5. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

My thoughts always goes back to the two men following the man they thought might be Brian. Could his family have been mistaken?

6. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Guys,

Regarding post #241. So it was Pearl Jam that played that night and Brian was a big Pearl Jam fan? If true, we finally know the name of the band!

Questions and concerns drawn from the following post snippet:

At that time, what was in the areas where Brian could have walked out of camera range? How can one seemingly walk toward the entrance of the Ugly Tuna? Brian either moved in that direction, or he did not. How many angles and range areas did that camera where Brian was last seen were there? Was it ever determined how much of an undetection time-interval would be possible with that make and model of camera? Additionally, how many other cameras were inside or outside the bar that could detect Ugly Tuna patrons?

Satch

7. Brainy

Brainy Active Member

Satch, no, no, it wasn't Pearl Jam playing at Ugly Tuna...

Eddie Vedder mentioned Brian during one of their concerts (since Brian had a Pearl Jam tattoo & was a big fan) after Brian disappeared, hoping for him to come home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Brainy

Brainy Active Member

Here:

[video=youtube;OrHHEhCismg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrHHEhCismg&list=PL125249F1FD9BE669[/video]

9. Blue Girl1991

Blue Girl1991 Well-Known Member

I found the clip with Clint short interview, from 2:36 and then again from 3:26 .. and again from 3:50 /// it is very short .

Very heartbreaking to see Brian's girlfriend and Brian's father still have hope , you can see how much Alexis loves Brian and the Agony they feel .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqktBCMVlJ8

10. ohhieliz

ohhieliz Member

Is it possible that he wasn't seen on the cameras because he never left the bar? Meaning, something happened to him and he ended up in a garbage chute or something? There was a missing person case in Cleveland at the baseball stadium and that man was found to have gone down a garbage chute.

11. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250697-OH-Cory-Barron-22-Cleveland-18-July-2014&highlight=Cory+Barron
    [h=2]OH - Cory Barron, 22, Cleveland, 18 July 2014[/h]

12. Lavinia

Lavinia Member

I’m from Cleveland and am around the same age as Cory and have never heard of this story! So the incident, whether accidental or foul play, occurred within the ballpark. Many, including myself, find it very possible Brian accidentally died or was killed within the bar and was then disposed of in a dumpster either belonging to the bar or one nearby.

This new info. Is really making me lean towards the easiest explanation... Brian did die that night (early morning) out and never did leave the bar via camera. I’m not sure how long after Brian disappeared that dumpsters and then eventually landfills were checked. I hate even thinking someone’s resting place is a landfill. I also am curious as to the days that trash was picked up/disposed of in each of these cases in regards to the night each boy went missing.

13. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

This case reminds me of Brian's mysterious disappearance, cctv shows this missing, now recovered man outside a bar talking to a couple of women and later he is seen on cctv at his condo in Toronto.
    His body was found later in a Michigan landfill. Still inexplicable and unsolved.
    Fwiw.
    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?342838-Canada-Kevin-Arendt-38-Toronto-28-June-2012&p=13546876&highlight=Kevin+Arendt#post13546876

14. Creepy stalker32

Creepy stalker32 New Member

[FONT=&amp]I have another theory regarding the fate of Brian, which perhaps nobody thought. Is there a secret passage or a cellar and hiding there and waiting until the bar is completely emptied and disappear voluntarily by all? Yes exactly, maybe had planned his disappearance forever, for an unknown reason never one knew.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]If he fell victim to murder, someone would hear something (voices, etc.)... I do not know...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Do not take this theory seriously, I'm not sure about this, but keep this in mind! Do not ignore it! I suggest this theory because I have exhausted all the rests that lead to a dead end.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I want your arguments on whether you disagree or not and why. Do you think there is a point where you find me wrong? :thinking:[/FONT]

15. Lamima

Lamima Well-Known Member

Problem with hiding in building somewhere to sneak out once closed...alarm would be tripped and camera is still likely recording.

16. embufum

embufum Well-Known Member

Hiding under the stage till closing then opening the garage doors that lead to the patio would be an easy way out. No alarms on them and they lock once you close them. I took pics of them while I was there and posted then a few pages back.

17. Creepy stalker32

Creepy stalker32 New Member

[FONT=&quot]I have another theory regarding the fate of Brian, which perhaps nobody thought. Is there a secret passage or a cellar and hiding there and waiting until the bar is completely emptied and disappear voluntarily by all? Yes exactly, maybe had planned his disappearance forever, for an unknown reason never one knew.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]If he fell victim to murder, someone would hear something (voices, etc.)... I do not know...[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Do not take this theory seriously, I'm not sure about this, but keep this in mind! Do not ignore it! I suggest this theory because I have exhausted all the rests that lead to a dead end.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I want your arguments on whether you disagree or not and why. Do you think there is a point where you find me wrong? [/FONT]:thinking:

18. Blue Girl1991

Blue Girl1991 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Creepy stalker32 :smile:

In my opinion I don't think that a person who want to start a new life and disconnect his connection with his family and with the love of his life ,going to have fun in a bar ,acting friendly and talking to people, have a good mood and then just vanished to the thin air by his choice. Brian wouldn't cause such agony to his beloved girlfriend and to his family, not even try to contact his brother after the tragic death of his father? the only reason I can think why Brian disconnect his connection with his loved ones it's becouse he was killed.

19. Brainy

Brainy Active Member

I think a secret passage is a stretch. Why would the bar have a secret passage and how would Brian know about it? Even if it did exist, you're gonna go somewhere after exiting the passage. Therefore, this does necessarily imply that Brian must have planned his own disappearance. Given that he was drinking and bar hopping, I doubt he had an ingenious plan to disappear.

If he fell victim to murder, someone would hear something (voices, etc.)
    Well, no, not necessarily. If he was suddenly and unexpectedly attacked, he couldn't have had the chance to yell or ask for help.

20. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Probably be asked before, but need reference:

1.)How many cameras are at the Ugly Tuna?
    2.) Are they on 24/7, or turned off after closing time?

Satch