OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #3

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by dotr, Oct 13, 2017.

1. embufum

embufum Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think he is on an island with Maura Murray either, but snide comments aside one has to go with the evidence. There is no evidence that Brian is alive and there is no evidence the Brian is dead. There is also no evidence of a crime. I know the comment was not yours my point is that the people that believe Brian is dead and can't really prove it they will make a ridiculous comment to try and "prove" their point. Then some people with be like yeah this is true and yes it is, Brian and Maura are probably not together. :thinking:

What we do know is that Brian posted on his Myspace account that being a Dr was a means to an end to live on the beach and play music in a band,eventually. We know that he told his GF that she should move on and we know that he was depressed about his mother dying. Being in premed is extremely hard on a person. Brian had a lot on his plate. It was said one of the reasons Brian wanted to be a Dr was to impress his mother. Once she was gone maybe he felt different. One has to wonder what his grades were like on his finals.

2. embufum

So I mentioned before that Clint and Meredith didn't wait around too long for Brian once he said he was going to talk to the band. Clint made comments like Brian would walk away to talk to people, he would "do his thing" and was known to just leave.

I wonder if while Brian was talking to the 2 girls Clint and Meredith were waiting for him to get done and when Brian came over they were ready to go and Brian said wait for me I'll be right back I'm going to go chat with the band for a second. I would imagine that this would have irritated Clint and Meredeth to a degree. They knew that Brian had a habit of talking and they probably wondered OK how long is this going to take.

Now when I say irritate I don't mean he was so mad he wanted to kill Brian. I just mean roll his eyes and be like yeah OK I've heard this one before and after waiting a few minutes he decides to "walk that way" to go get him. After what was a very brief cursory search they decided to leave.

3. embufum

OK well I am in touch with the person the put up the video stills and yes they are from a video as I thought. So far all I was told is this guy was filming himself at night in a car it was raining he appeared happy about to say something then apparently he saw some thing or someone jump on his car and the video cut out. I'll post more when I find out more.

4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but maybe Brian was also stuck with massive student debt, perhaps it felt especially crushing after his mother's illness and death?
    imo, speculation.

5. Jim1981_GR

Jim1981_GR New Member

But what if the fall happened around...lets say 04:30? Is still this area -and the alley- so crowded and full of taxis? I am saying this because earlier in the discussion I also proposed a late stay in the building for Brian along with the theory that something happened to him during the next few hours he accidentally or intentionally remained somewhere inside the building.

6. embufum

I'm not sure I am following you exactly. What fall? Do you mean off the roof?

7. embufum

Oh there was debt no doubt.I have a family member who is a Dr. Massive is a good word. lol

8. travelbug

travelbug Injustice anywhere a threat to justice everywhere

These eyebrows seem very similar to those of the unidentified man. I would be very interested in whether there was raised scaffolding in the construction area. Not only could it provide a path for someone hoping to leave unnoticed, but it's not unusual for inspectors, LE, etc. to fail to look up when searching an area.

9. travelbug

travelbug Injustice anywhere a threat to justice everywhere

There were most likely family financial concerns following those medical costs. He may have been thinking that if he "disappeared" it would be of financial benefit to his father. He spoke with his father and brother prior to his disappearance, I wonder if he mentioned the possibility of postponing his medical studies and his father was totally against the idea. jmho

10. ohhieliz

ohhieliz Member

If Bryan is alive (and wouldn't that be something!) wouldn't there have been some evidence of a plan? Cash withdrawls? a google search about a location? Maybe it's just me, but I would never be able to up and leave my life without a well thought out plan to avoid people locating me.

11. geojeffrey

geojeffrey Active Member

I was asking him about the bars and what time they close he said state law they all close at 2:30. Another friend of mine was a campus police officer at Ohio State but he was promoted before Brian went missing. I asked him a few years back if he heard about Brian and he said he did but didn't really know much. He mentioned that one of the Sargent's son went missing after a night of drinking. Seems this one doesn't get much publicity.

There have been some similar disappearances in the general area. The most recent of course is Joey LaBute.

When I first saw Joey’s picture, i was shocked by the similarities between he and Brian’s appearance as well as some notable similarities in the events preceding their disappearances.

However, at the end of the day, I still believe that Clint has relevant info about Brian’s case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. embufum

Hey everyone so I need some help here. Does anyone have a link to any recordings of Brian’s voice. I found one but it is where somebody is recording a TV program with what looks to be a phone or video obviously we can’t get an original recording but does anybody know of any news programs where they play a recording of his voice.

13. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Yes,

Where were Clint and Meredith at the time that Brian was talking to the woman outside the bar? Oh, to know that conversation! This would be Brian's last words before he vanished.

Satch

14. Jim1981_GR

Jim1981_GR New Member

Yes. The fall of Brian from the roof.

15. embufum

I just don't see this happening.

16. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Brian told his girlfriend the last time he spoke with her, that this was a good time for him to tell the guys about her.

I would really like to know if he did that, as it may shed some light on the situation, IMO, considering that it was after this that he slipped away from Clint and vanished.

With his cell phone then immediately going straight to voice mail when Clint called him.

It has always seemed to me that Brian was trying to lose Clint and Meredith that night. I will always wonder about that, and will always wonder why.

17. itsrak

itsrak Well-Known Member

Well, something unfortunate happened to Brian shortly between 2am and 2:30am that morn, as he didn't leave the building, was never again observed by any person or cam outside the building, and he was never ever heard from again. Not a single peep, ever. Permanent radio silence.

18. Brainy

Brainy Active Member

Going through Brian's pictures and absorbing the reality of his disappearance with a heavy heart. What happened to him...? The fact that we may never know is also painful.

19. Brainy

Brainy Active Member

Who is this man and what is the source of these photos?

20. itsrak

itsrak Well-Known Member

Don't know. But I know who it is not. It is not the young man who is the subject of this thread, and who passed away in 2006.